Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 FLORIDA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Great match. Squad 14 ROCKED. A great big thanks to all the staff for their hard work and dedication.

deGracia won Production by 7% over the Super Cop, Kevin Ensco and what a battle it was to watch. My bad DP, I saw the 93 as a 98 when we were on the phone.

Thank you dirtypool40 (Eric Stanley) for your instruction. I know I shot a lot better for it. I hit everything that I shot at for the first time ever at a major match. (The two mikes I did get were malfunction induced cranial flatulence and I never shot at the target in the array. The rounds were still in my mag at ULSC).

This is my favorite match every year and this year was awsome.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a bit of video footage and will put something together tomorrow (maybe, no promises... I'm really tired. :D )

What a great group of people we have in this area!!!

Tammie shot a GREAT match!!! Her progression is awesome... she's really one to watch!!! Great job, Tammie!!!

Here's the coveted video of Shannon's great spill... Shannon Stage 5

He's healing well. :cheers:

The results ARE up on the USPSA and on www.tbspc.org.

If you won something, and were not present to claim it, we will mail out what you won in the coming week.

Great match, great RO's, great time had by all.

Thanks to all that participated or worked the event!

Leo

Edited by L9X25

It was a great match and the weather was terrific. My thanks to all the hard working organizers, staff and particularly the great RO's who all made it happen. :cheers:

Squad 14 was awesom and we had a number of BE'ers place high. Nemo was 3rd in SS. Jeff Degarcia beat out 43 other Production shooters for the top honors. Kevin Insco was hot on his heels in second place and Daniel Cook was seventh and second A. Flyin' 40 took fifth in Open (Sorry I missed connecting with you John) and undoubtedly appreciated the largess of the weather gods.

Big Guy and I had a heated battle throughout the match to see who could collect the most Mikes. :rolleyes:

Only 364 days until next year's match! :lol:

Wish I could be there this year :-{

hope everyone has a blast, maybe next year!

Manny

Good thing you weren't comin'... Imagine what he could've done by been there!! ;)

TOUGH MATCH!! I have my yearly quota of mikes to prove it! <_<

TO SQUAD 14! :cheers:

Sheriff RAZZ and Cliff, also BE'ers, ruled single stack! YES, CLIFF!! :o

Let's do it again... :D

Tammie shot a GREAT match!!! Her progression is awesome... she's really one to watch!!! Great job, Tammie!!!

THANKS so much Sharyn!!! That means a lot to me, especially coming from you...you are AWESOME!!!!!!

Overall great match...I thought it was pretty tough/rough for me, but it seems like everyone is saying the same.

Now it's off to Area 6. Hope to see everyone there!!

Thanks to all the people who worked really hard to make this match successful! It was a good match, the stages and the shooting challenge were exceptional. Can you tell by the hit factor on most stages!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

Congrats to the winners, if you did well on this match you will do well almost anywhere. My thanks to the ROs, they worked really hard too and without them we can’t keep it fair for all competitors.

SC

Edited by Sandro

Great match by all involved!! Some very difficult shots and a HUGE Thank You to everyone who helped. BIG CONGRATS to all the division winners. You had to shoot a helluva match to win it this year.

I also have to extend a big congrats to Jeff for winning Production. He shot an excellent match. He was Mr. Consistent from the 1st shot to the last. Every stage, he shot very good points w/ good times and didn't over extend himself on trying to go too fast and that makes for a very consistent finish overall in matches. I had a blowout on Stage 7 the was crushing. I kept waiting for Jeff to meltdown on one stage to open the door for me, but he stayed consistent. With the exception of one stage, he never finished below 4th in all the stages. Now that's consistentcy.

Kevin Insco

Edited by Kevin Kline

What can I say ... that hasn't been thought of already ??

It was a great match ... one that taught you to be patient, or else !! Distances were deceptive to say the least. I expected it and zeroed at 25 yards. But what I did not expect was having to take them on the move, or take some time and finding a "planting" spot.

Just like "Dirty Pool" I had a very "yooooogly" first day. The afternoon before I was horsing around with a friend (in the match's parking lot) showing me some of his "UFC" moves ... big mistake as it wrenched my artificial knee ... ouch, almost passed out from the pain. That will teach me not to horse around with an ex- cowboy/bull rider half my age and built like a truck. I spent the next day (first day of the match) limping about collecting too many mikes to recover. The next (last) day of the match I kind'a redeemed myself by slowing down and shooting much better, finally really having a great time with it.

Our Squad #12 was great, with great shooters. It was fun watching Tammie and Cliff shooting, very supportive of each other. (Truly made me jealous !!!) Even "DP" came up and gave me a great tip when he saw my limping out of a box into a shooting position (during a "walk") and told me to try stepping out with my right foot (strong leg) instead of my aching left leg, and with a slightly longer stride... It worked !! DP is definately a great coach/teacher. By the end of the first day I was getting finally "zoned" in, and truly enjoyed the last two stages of the day (#6 & 7) which were considered the two toughest. Even when my "red dot" quit on me on the last two shots of the stage ... I took two shots to avoid an FTE, and I nailed one of them, even though it was a rather awkward angle. It's nice to have an idea where your gun is shooting even if you can not see the sights.

It was a very challenging Match. A Match that challenged both your physical condition as well as your shooting abilities. It was great to have such great shooting companions in our Squad. Could not have selected any better companions. Oh, yeah. Lots of BEnos Forum members, in our squad and everywhere. Right on !!!!!!!! :cheers:

Great match by all involved!! Some very difficult shots and a HUGE Thank You to everyone who helped. BIG CONGRATS to all the division winners. You had to shoot a helluva match to win it this year.

I also have to extend a big congrats to Jeff for winning Production. He shot an excellent match. He was Mr. Consistent from the 1st shot to the last. Every stage, he shot very good points w/ good times and didn't over extend himself on trying to go too fast and that makes for a very consistent finish overall in matches. I had a blowout on Stage 7 the was crushing. I kept waiting for Jeff to meltdown on one stage to open the door for me, but he stayed consistent. With the exception of one stage, he never finished below 4th in all the stages. Now that's consistentcy.

Kevin Insco

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. It was indeed a great match, probably one of the most fun I've had in the past couple of years. Kevin smoked me pretty well out of the gate on the first 2 stages (4 and 5) and it definitely made me nervous. If it wasn't for his meltdown on stage 7 I think he had me covered as his times were at least 10% better on every stage. Once he completes the transition from his old Crock to the vastly superior M&P I'm going to be in deep do-do. Very much looking forward to Area 6 - or am I?

Big thanks to Andy, Wadette, Roy and all the organizers. Special thanks to all the ROs who were all by their lonesome on each stage - thanks for the extra effort especially for those working on the many long field courses! For 180 people the match went ultra-smooth, finishing mostly ahead of schedule on both days. How many big matches can claim that? Thanks to bigbaddaboom for the awesome trigger jobs and stage breakdowns - they made all the difference. Thanks again to squad 14. Everyone pasted, painted and set up while also looking out for everyone else when it came to scoring. Is there anything better than beautiful FL sunshine and the best camraderie you can get in any sport? Methinks not!

Congrats to all the plaque-holders and money winners - more than $5,000 given back on Sunday is sure to please!

Jeff

I thought this was a great match. There are some really good people down here and they put alot of effort into the match. The stages were fantastic and I loved the memory stages. Glad I was able to make the match and to top it off I was able to bring home a plaque and some cash.

Congrats on a great match

Flyin

Awesome match,

Thanks to all the great folks that put the match together, without them we couldn't have any fun!!

and big thanks to the RO's that worked the match.

I'm glad it worked out that I could come down and shoot it. Every match has its memories!

Manny

It was a great match with great people...pretty much the norm at a USPSA match. The stages were challenging but fun and I'm sure great prep for the upcoming Area 6 match. Congrats to all the winners, trophies or not, but especially to all the Central Florida shooters...represent :) Special thanks to Squad 12, you know who you all are! Finally, THANK YOU VERY MUCH to PaulW and Dan Bedell for all the help, talent and craftsmanship that went into my pistol...even I couldn't screw up that piece of art! Here's to next year and Area 6 upcoming!

... and to those non-believers, my wife was there with us the first day of the match.

Edited to add: :wub:

Yes, she was and a beautiful woman at that.

Good to see all of "Equipo Nemo" out.

:cheers:

Congrats again to Manny and Shannon, Dave, Kevin, Jeff.... it's nice to know all the winners even when you ain't one.... this time. :rolleyes:

... and to those non-believers, my wife was there with us the first day of the match.

Edited to add: :wub:

You are a lucky man, Nemo, to have such a pleasant and beautiful wife. :cheers: She on the other hand seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in that bargain. :lol:

Edited by XD Niner

• 2 weeks later...