Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Another Kimber...

SiG Lady

As promised, a glamour-shot of the new KimberBlaster... B)

....tweaked, tuned, polished, beveled and generally messed with...

but has an innocent exterior. You can't see the nice beveled magwell

from this view... ;)

KimberonDiamPlate2.jpg

MIGHTY pretty there li’le lady! :rolleyes:

What brand of plated SWCs are you using? I REALLY wanted to use West Coast’s 200gr in my Kimber but couldn’t get them to run with 100% reliability, so after 700rds I gave up and went back to Laser Cast.

Ed

I'll ask my reloader (one of two) about that. He's out of town until later Sunday, however, so it'll take a few days. We order from West Coast Bullet. In the flurry of obtaining this gun, arranging for ammo in a hurry, and trying to weasel my way thru league action all at the same time, I've managed to use three different reloaded ammo supplies from three different fellow shooters. All slightly different, but I only have the ingredients specs from one source--and he's not my permanent source. All three have worked flawlessly. The other two guys have been busy either relocating their family and entire operation to a new home or tending to an about-to-die mother... so I've kinda quit pestering them about the details until their personal dust settles. But I'll let you know.

Now, it's my Sig Sauers that are a bit fussy about reloaded ammo. Jeez.

As promised, a glamour-shot of the new KimberBlaster... B)

....tweaked, tuned, polished, beveled and generally messed with...

but has an innocent exterior. You can't see the nice beveled magwell

from this view... ;)

That's a nice gun!

I like the short trigger, something I've installed on all of my guns. Those of us with short fingers (and those of you with small hands) like 'em! B)

Are the hammer, sear, and other parts original?

JRBean,

I've got a Custom Target in Super. You'll like it!!!! All I did was fit ambi's and an

S&A Magwell. Mine shoots around 1.5" @25 yrds. Haven't tried 50 yet.

Many Limited shooters in my area are shooting Limited and Limited 10 with a

Super. Many are doing VERY well!!!!!

SIGLady,

Nill Grips makes some sweet grips that will remove the bevel at the bottom of your

grips and blend into the magwell. You might like them. I am sure there are others

besides Nill also.

rhino--

I got pretty weak when this item wafted under my nose, too; but the deal was good and the timing couldn't have been better... so... we stepped out on the proverbial limb. But, dammit, I pretty much thought I deserved this one! :D

SiG Lady,

Very nice gun!!!

I notice that is has the kinda dull finish that my Para has, is yours Hard Chromed too!!

When I had mine hard chromed I expected it to come back looking as shiny as a 53' Buick Roadmaster bumper. Shows ya how much I know about guns. :rolleyes:

I really like the looks of your ammo too!!! Please do tell us where it somes from when your reloader gets back.

All around great photo too!! I like the wood and contrasting diamond pattern steel (looks like a running board on a Dodge Diesel) :P

I know you will enjoy shooting it !! :D

Jerry

The current word on the street is that someone snagged himself a spiffy new Kimber Eclipse Target II. If such rumors are believable, I also heard that the same gun functioned 100% on the way home with 18 rounds of 230gr FMJ and 24 rounds of Georgia Arms' load with the 230gr Gold Dot JHP.

Pictures will follow after the first round of significant modifications (probably a magwell . . . had the short trigger before it left the store).

Here is the photo from the Kimber web site:

eclipsetarget_II.jpg

I also heard that the same gun functioned 100% on the way home with 18 rounds of 230gr FMJ and 24 rounds of Georgia Arms' load with the 230gr Gold Dot JHP.

"On the way home",... does that mean there are 42 (new) holes in signs on the roads of Indy?

"On the way home",... does that mean there are 42 (new) holes in signs on the roads of Indy?

:huh: <--- my "no comment" face.

Let's not forget that in addition to signs, the roads also have lot of telephone poles. And don't forget that life is just downright dangerous for a possum or raccoon that choose to get too close to "traffic." :rolleyes:

Road signs,,,no way. There wouldn't be enough hard cover!!!

He was probably shooting the tops off dandilions while toolin' down the Interstate.

Nice blasters!!! Great guns deserve great homes.

Ooh! I wish I'd thought of that! ;)

There's a little spot along a road north of Eugene where you can shoot safely into a hill side. Someone dumped a spray can there and now it's beyond dead.

I had to do some tradin' and I'll have to sell some more stuff soon. How long does it take a check to clear? :P

Anyone wanna buy an older SIG-Sauer P226? :D

SVI Hammer/Sear and sear spring

McCormick Trigger (I wanted to get SVI trigger but I didnt know if it was legal in IDPA with the trigger shoes.)

Wilson adjustable rear sights (that I got from our host thanks BE :D )

Dawson fiber front

STI Grips

S&A Magwell

cominoli guide rod

:D

bkeeler

Ye Olde Kimber Eclipse Target II (actually, Ye New Kimber, but that doesn't sound too good) has now earned me 1st place in a small IDPA match (yesterday) and 14th of 29 overall, 4th of 5 in Limited-10 in today's USPSA match. I shot a fairly decent classifier, I think (6th overall and 2nd in Limited-10). B)

And here's the deal . . . function is still 100%! I've never acquired a new 1911 and had it work right away. And this one works REALLY WELL! I was skeptical of the Kimber hype, but now I am convinced. My gun is one sweet shooter! :wub:

I'm going to promote it to carry gun status as of right now. The lightweight P14.45 will always be my primary, but methinks the Kimber is going to get a turn at both offside carry and "around the house" carry on strong side. Woo-HOO! :D

rhino--

Hey, a big CONGRATULATIONS to you! Good shooting!

Love that Kimber hype. 'Glad it gotcha. 'Glock Perfection' has nothing on us!

Kimber was virtually the most recommended pistol at my range when I polled several members there.

Must've been a reason for it. B)

Yet another fellow shooter just bought one two weeks ago about when I debuted mine. Needless to say, he and I've had a bit to talk about over the weekend. In fact, he originally took a look (and a feel) of the very gun that I bought, but as it was custom-built for a smaller hand than his, he felt it wasn't comfortable and passed on buying it. He was bummed a little, though, because it DID perform well and it was just a matter of bad fit. Heh-heh. Boy, did I luck out. ;)

The 'smith that did the modifying work to it has repeatedly said this was one of the best tuning projects he'd done in a long time. I'll take his word for it. A couple of eager and drooling Kimber owners just this afternoon were asking him how much it would cost to do these modifications to their blasters. They might not want to know. But it's their money. :D

Knock 'em totally dead, rhino!! :P

SiG Lady . . . Thanks! It feels so good knowing I won't have to leave it at the gunsmith's shop for months or years just to get it to work right! Now I know how those Glock people feel about "out of the box" reliability, but with the addition of some class. B) Heh.

Funny you should mention conversations with others about your new gun. As I was ambling around the range today, several people asked me about the new shooter. And a few of them admitted to having been at the shop fondling the exact same gun within the last two weeks. It's good thing I acted when I did, or else someone else might have been feelin' the love today instead! :wub: