Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just cuz I am CZ fan

eerw

Well thats just how the factory ammo come, no wonder police departments are moving away from it.

I shot the gun first, about 200 rounds before we chronoed it. Man I got a shock I had no idea it was that high.

Went back to the shop and worked up some loads to make close to the 170 IPSC power factor for which the gun was intended.

I was very surprised how mild the gun shot compared to the 40 with a similar load, however we could not get the 40 to the sme bullet weight.

I have no idea how this new .357 sig will take off and asusme that USPSA will not adopt .357 sig for limited here so it might be a mute point. BUT, if I was going to shoot standard at the next world shoot it would be something I would certianly look at in more depth.

Managble recoil and cheaper bullets :-)

Well thats just how the factory ammo come, no wonder police departments are moving away from it.

I shot the gun first, about 200 rounds before we chronoed it. Man I got a shock I had no idea it was that high.

Went back to the shop and worked up some loads to make close to the 170 IPSC power factor for which the gun was intended.

I was very surprised how mild the gun shot compared to the 40 with a similar load, however we could not get the 40 to the sme bullet weight.

I have no idea how this new .357 sig will take off and asusme that USPSA will not adopt .357 sig for limited here so it might be a mute point. BUT, if I was going to shoot standard at the next world shoot it would be something I would certianly look at in more depth.

Managble recoil and cheaper bullets :-)

Is brass reasonable too? If yes, is this a reloaders dream...or a nightmare?

Who know if it will be a nightmare or not, I ahve not enogh time on the gun or the ammo to really tell.

But I suppose you could always practise with major 9mm and jsut use the .357 sig for the matches. Seemed to feed pretty darn good, I shot nearly 600 rouunds now with no problems.

I like the cartridge, going to do a barrel for my single stack some day. Its basically a bottle neck .40 so reloading pretty much sucks. Once fired brass is easy to find though. USPSA is never going let this thing fly for major in limited.---------Larry

230 PF wow, okay I know others have thought this but 1800 + is 500 fps over what this ammo should be doing. Can this be right and how? The extra barrel length etc. may help but +500 fps. The factory listing says 1350 fps at muzzle.

Not that Angus would steer us wrong or any thing I met him at NTPS one day for steel shooting and he was stand up guy . The crono looks like 1800+ but thats some way hot factory ammo, is it saying 3 and looks like an 8?

I reloaded some 357sig for a 229 and glock 32. Its a pain to reload compared to the 9mm,super or 40 I have loaded. Eazier to get bullet push back some did't want to space right in the 229. Small contact area for brass to bullet seemed trouble some. I didn't spend a lot of time loading it thou, load lots more USPSA standard rounds.

Well I think it is correct that chrono has never let me down, I have been rechroneoed many places and always the same results as at home.

But our right it did seem a little hot to me.

In my opnion (for what that's worth) is is the best chrono I have ever had and I have tried them all over the years, reliable and reasonably priced

"Ho hum", I thought... "I have no love for that particular cartridge at all , but let's look" because Angus built my new pistol.

After seeing the velocities, I was looking for holes in the space/time continuum. WOW. Smoking velocity.... over penetration of targets might be an issue for LEOs, but for our game purposes, it would be the hot ticket in Limited for sure.