Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having issues with my 1050

Here is the deal. I'm new to the whole 1050 game and it's been a love hate relationship. Tonight it has been more of the "hate" side. First off my casefeeder dumps a ton of my .38 super cases upside down. This is more aggravating than anything else. It slows things down. My 650 never does this. Any ideas here?

Next is the issues I'm having with the priming system. The arm that drops from the primer tube to the mechanism that slides the primers keeps jamming up on me. Is it just a matter of finding the sweetspot on the height of this thing? I start out loading great then I get a jam and all crap hits the fan. Then I can't get the shellplate to cycle and then the handle won't cycle and i have to take everything apart and start all over. This is really frustrating and kills production. I think I got it at a decent spot as I was able to crank out my last 100 rounds tonight without issue but before that all I was doing was adjusting this thing.

I know there is a larger learning curve on this thing but I just want it running better.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

You can just trip the index ratchet when it jams in mid stream.

Yes the primer thingie has to be adjusted just right.

also the white plastic wedge at the prime station needs to be set correct or it will crunch primers.

My new style feeder feeds upsidedown at times also <_<

I have been using one for 20 tears ...pm me if you need to talk and have questions.

Jim

Hopefully where I have it positioned will be right. As for the "new" casefeeder design I bet that is the problem. Maybe I need to swap my 650 casefeeder to my 1050. If I'm going to be cranking out more ammo on the 1050 then I want it to work properly. I do like the new cutout on the casefeed filler tube that allows you to remove the tube if you get a jam. I'm amazed my tube on my 650 is shaped like a bummerrang.

I had a priming issue similiar to what you are I think. 1050 new to me this summer i had a couple K through it and the primers started jamming and i was loading primerless bullets. I had about 20 in the last batch of 100. I tore it down and i had what was left of a primer in between the primer slide and shell plate. It seemed as there was a sticking residue on the primer slide that also was hold it back some. I cleaned it all up and lubed it with slide glide, put it back together changingcalibers. I have about 3k since with no issues.

That primer assmebely was a pain in the A$$ to get back together and adjusted. Dillen needs a little better owners manaul with that thing.

Edited by dstroyed

dstroyed, FWIW.....I dont advise putting any lubrication unless it is dry on the primer slide or in that guide area where the primer slide rests. Feel free to polish the snot out of it, but due to all the gunk and crap that ends up in there you want it to get pulled into the hole to fall out, not accumulate.

Hope this helps,

DougC

1) Call Dillon, their service guys could talk you down if you had to land an Airbus

2) Look at feeder funnel, insert required or not, I needed to put it in to make mine work on my S1050, for 9x21 :D

Edited by 9x21

i put a little SG on the bottom of the shell plate. Thanks

That is gonna REALLY gunk-up with spilled powder etc...

Hasn't caused any problems yet but I'm still learning. I'm not talking about a bunch. If you looked at the plate you would even know the SG was there. So far i think it runs smoother. Kind of like on my blaster, it seems to keep everything moving smoothly even though it is getting dirty. I haven't pulled it a part to check it. No need yet.

I can't be the only one doing this can I? I'm new to the SG too. My limited use on my gun seems to be that the more i shoot it the smoother it operates. I just figured why not.

i put a little SG on the bottom of the shell plate. Thanks

That is gonna REALLY gunk-up with spilled powder etc...

Hasn't caused any problems yet but I'm still learning. I'm not talking about a bunch. If you looked at the plate you would even know the SG was there. So far i think it runs smoother. Kind of like on my blaster, it seems to keep everything moving smoothly even though it is getting dirty. I haven't pulled it a part to check it. No need yet.

I can't be the only one doing this can I? I'm new to the SG too. My limited use on my gun seems to be that the more i shoot it the smoother it operates. I just figured why not.

He's right. I had an issue and tried lube and had nothing, but problems with it loading up with crap... if it works for you fine, but if you run into trouble clean it out. I run mine dry and it works the best.