Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Johnson 3-Gun

Wow! Thanks so much to all of you for coming out to shoot! What a great bunch!

We'll get the overall results as well as division results on the website soon! We're not actually home yet and staying near Jim and Nanci in the KOA!

Thanks for all of you shooters who helped us tear down, and I can't thank our RO's enough! What an amazing job they did!

We are lucky to have them all! Special thanks to the Casanovas, who we couldn't do the match without!

Our sponsors were so generous! I hope you all enjoyed your fabulous prizes!

When planning for next year's shoots...remember, everyone at Johnson 3-Gun got a gun and FREE ammo!

But seriously, I think our bucket o' prizes, and random drawings were pretty darn good!

:cheers:

Hoser Freeman - Top Tactical Scope

Eric Miller - Top He-Man

Jason Hosaka - Top Tactical Iron

-and-

Damon Stanforth - Top Open

My brain is fried from days in the sun, and that's about all I can remember. Oh Nanci Lambert top Open lady, Cheryl Current top TS lady!

Thanks again to all of you who joined us! We scheduled the great weather just for you!!! We took the marble sized hail on set-up day so the shooters wouldn't have too! :rolleyes:

Write and thank sponsors and let them know how much you appreciate their support!!

Match sponsor: Sabre Defence

Arctic Shooting Supply, Arredondo, Brownells, Burris, Cabela's, Cavalry Arms, Center of Mass, Dillon Precision, DPMS, Flash Target, Grams Engineering, LaRue Tactical, Magpul, MGM, Nordic Components, Point Blank, Redding, R & R, Rugged Gear, Sierra, Sportsman's Warehouse, TechWear, Trijicon, and TruckVault.

What great prizes and support! Thank-you! Thank-you!

Seem to be rambling! Ready to Crash! Thanks again! You were awesome! Hope you all had FUN!

By the way, thanks for not making me DQ any of you! :rolleyes:

Thanks to all! Good night!

Denise and JJ

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an absolutely awesome match! On top of that, I got to shoot with the best squad, also. Out of the 8 of us, 6 got placques, congratulations to each of you! What a great bunch of folks. Man was this a fun match. I feel sorry for all you poor folks that didn't get to shoot it.

I wound up higher than I deserved after losing a front pistol sight on one stage, death jam on the shotty with clay birds in the air on one, blowing brass in my rifle on two other stages, & having to shoot at steel at nearly 400 yds with unproven ammo. This was a great match but tough on equipment. I have noone to blame but myself, though, so it is all good.

My squad mates(did I mention I was on the best squad--squad#8?) were absolutely awesome at keeping my spirits up when things weren't going so well. Thank you guys a bunch! They cleared my blown brass for me both times when I was just too rattled to get it out. That is a real friend right there!!!!

I will be back next year if at all possible, the R.O.s & M.Ds were great & like Denise said, where else does every competitor get a free gun & ammo?????? You have to have been there to appreciate this, by the way. hahaha. They are still looking for whoever stole the rubber duckies that were floating in the barrel full of ammo for the free guns, though.

Great, awesome match, I can't say enough for you guys. Thank you all very much!!!!

Mark Miller, www.wtps.us

Edited by mlmiller1

Disassemble and show clear?? A new Remington success story is in the offing?? How about a few details Jim!

Congratulations to all the winners, especially Eric Miller the He-MAN!!, but was he wearing his signature purple pants?? and did anyone REALLY see him?

Wish I could have been there, but if Eric was there, I guess the "family" was represented well. KurtM

...after losing a front pistol sight on one stage, death jam on the shotty with clay birds in the air on one, blowing brass in my rifle on two other stages, & having to shoot at steel at nearly 400 yds with unproven ammo. Mark Miller, www.wtps.us

Mark,

I want to hear the WHOLE story about "Johnson 3-Gun, Some Assembly Required".

David C :rolleyes:

I am convinced that it was J-Ho who did Benelli Voo-Doo on my Remington. He was later apprehended with the tools of the trade.

th_PICT0430.jpg

And here is the suspect...wearing his gamer hat which had the effect of lowering his wind resistance propelling him to first place in Tactical Iron.

th_PICT0424.jpg

Here is the result of his evil wicked Benelli Voo-Doo that created the range command...disassemble and show clear.

th_PICT0434.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::roflol:

Thanks Jason for all the laughs we had all weekend long! We definately had the best squad...most fun and most trophies. Thanks to all the members of our squad for all the fun we had and the genuine camaraderie.

We look forward to another great Johnson 3-Gun next year.

This was my first Johnson 3gun. Let me say first that Denise and JJ worked their butts off putting on a great match, thanks guys.

I shot with a great squad including the Currents and tac scope winner Hoser Freeman.

I don't shoot hardly any 3gun therefore I was really pleased to be able to shoot the long range rifle stages and the monster shotgun stage all clean, albeit slow.

And I won a prize which is pretty cool, so thanks to the Johnsons and everyone on squad 7 it was awesome shooting with you.

Hey guys!

If anyone got any good pictures of Johnson 3-Gun, we would love it if you would e-mail them to us to put on our website!

We were sort of distracted and didn't take near enough pictures this year! Like...15 maybe!

Whoops! :blush:

Hope you all have made it home safe and had a good time out here!

See ya' soon!

j-ho !!!! you are not ever going to get to shoot at your own local club 3 gun unless you wear that hat !!! wear have you been hinding that thing ? :surprise:

congrats on your win, no surprize to the guys around here !

mark, i can not belive it, your stuff has always ran...what the %$#^ happen ????

j-ho !!!! you are not ever going to get to shoot at your own local club 3 gun unless you wear that hat !!! wear have you been hinding that thing ? :surprise:

congrats on your win, no surprize to the guys around here !

mark, i can not belive it, your stuff has always ran...what the %$#^ happen ????

The hat is new. I had it conjured up just for this match. My hat's kung-fu was too strong for Nanci's Remington. I'll have to keep wearing it to see if it works next time. :ph34r:

I think "disassemble and show clear" is a IMGA, Remington specific command. :P

Seriously, this was a wonderful match with wonderful people. MLmiller1 was wrong about one thing, out of 8 people we had 7 trophies! Denise ran one hell of a match, the RO's were great, the weather was great, the sponsors really came through and helped make this a great match. Hands down the best part was meeting fellow forum members face to face. Friends are definitely one of my favorite parts of this sport. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this match.

Interesting way to calculate the overall results.

Congratulations to all of the class and category winners. :cheers:

And a huge thank you to all of the RO's and JJ & Denise.

~cya at RM3G~

Interesting way to calculate the overall results.

Congratulations to all of the class and category winners. :cheers:

And a huge thank you to all of the RO's and JJ & Denise.

~cya at RM3G~

I asked to see the overall that way Nanci. The she had it before put me in 3rd, but was based on point totals calculated against you own class. By putting everyone in one class it compares everyone.

Fun times.

I had an awesome squad. Hanging out with good friends and giving lead back to the enviorment. It doesent get better than that.

Thanks to all the sponsors. Lots of guns and goodies on the table.

Thanks to the Match Staff. Good show.

Hanging out with good friends and giving lead back to the enviorment. It doesent get better than that.

Giving lead back, I like that one. Since some horrible corporate entity heartlessly stripped this lead from mother earth we are simply returning it to nature. :D

Consider that line stolen.

And good shooting too! :cheers:

What a great match! The RO's were great, the stages were challenging and FUN, and my squad was the best!! Thank you Denise and JJ for all the hard work and creative stages...I am so glad I went to this match!!

The long range targets were scored with major penalties for misses, so it really made you knuckle down and attempt to hit them....The flying bird stage was a hoot!! Talk about humbling...

Thank you to my squad for being my friends...Rod and I had the best time shooting with you guys!

Again, thank you to the Johnsons for a really great match!! I will always go to this one!

Cheryl :)