Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 GA

Shawn Knight

Any body else heard of a 12ga lug wrench??

http://kitsapsun.com/news/2007/nov/10/sk-m...loosen-lug-nut/

A 66-year-old man shot himself in both his legs Saturday afternoon while trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut with a 12-gauge shotgun.

have had that thought cross my mind over the years when messing with stubborn auto parts...

I thought it was "lefty loosey"..."righty tighty" :unsure:
Not always. There was some model of automobile several years ago that had left hand threads for the lug nuts on one side of the vehicle and right hand for the other side. Made life difficult for all involved.

Athough a stupid move I've been tempted to put various pieces of machinery out of its misery via 12ga slug.

The problem as I see isn't that he used a shotgun to remove the lug nut. He just used too much gun. A .410 or 28ga probably would have done the trick.

Hell that's almost as good as the two good ol' boys who used a .22 bullet as a replacement for their trucks headlight (glass) fuse when it blew out. It was the right size, and it worked alright .... until it got real good & hot! B)BANG!

... which is probably what this gentleman thought ... "It seems to be working .......... right up until he heard that bang!

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

• 2 weeks later...
I thought it was "lefty loosey"..."righty tighty" :unsure:

You may be on to somethin'. He should have used a rifle with the proper twist. I think Ak's twist left. Next time use an Ak. I'm sure there will be no problems then.