Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic

Friday is all done.

I am on the (mostly) Production squad.

I haven't really looked at any ongoing scores. My feel is that Nils is putting it to us. I'd guess him as winning 3 of the 4 stages we have shot. Mink and Angus got off to a slow start, as they were working the vendor tent and didn't realize that our squad was shooting a stage before lunch. (they have a bit of a staggered start here). That put them on a rush. That is still likely the top 3. There is probably a close group of 3 or 4 right after that....my feel is that John Flentz is leading that group.

Me...slow and sloppy. :unsure:

Weather is an amazingly comfortable 85-90d, blue skies.

The vendor tent is well populated. I assume that is why they scheduled us to shoot 1 stage before lunch, then take an hour break along with lunch.

Lots of props.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle,

Talked with Nils and Roger (Nils Dad) and he made it sound as if Nils wasn't doing all that well (He does tend to underestimate though) Shot today and did my usual poor performance on wide open shots and pretty decent for me on tougher shots. Our schedule seems to be moving pretty well with very little backup. For some reason does seem as if there is less congestion this year? Maybe just better scheduling but very little downtime.

In limited it seemed to be a 2 man race in Limited between Taran and Henning, with MV in there too until we chroned. Taran didn't have a good time at the chrono. He will still probably be at the top of the list though. My first time shooting with Henning and he is the epitomy of smoooooth. I know why the open guys were glad he is shooting limited.

A great day for shooting!

L2S,

I didn't know you were here. I think you guys are the squad behind us?

AZ, Nils did have a NS/Mike on the last stage we shot today. I thought he was clean other than that, but I may not be paying close attention. He is putting up top times.

Heck..who knows...I'm a bad reporter, for sure.

Kyle,

What squad are you on? I'm on 3...bunch of good guys and we seem to be having fun.

Chrono went bad for two guys today. One, I think had a new Open gun and he thought that factory Winchester 38 Super+P would make major. It was something like 148pf. Another guy came in at 164.8pf which hurts...he said he'd chrono'd it before and it was more like 170....ouch.

The staff running stage 10 was above and beyond nice. In the spirit of Veteran's Day, they asked if anybody was a vet....they had a Caspian arms 1911 multi-tool as a gift for each veteran on the squad....way cool!

I was a bit concerned starting out on the Last Starfighter, but in the end, it was probably a great stage to start on....it's going to be an unusual feeling shooting from inside the rig while seated so there isn't anything to do but watch the front sight/dot and call your shots.

Predator was pretty cool. I felt really slow, but I was calling my shots and getting the hits so I resisted the urge to go faster. On the swinger at the end I actually saw the bullet in flight from my last shot and thought, "it's a C just barely left of the A zone" and sure enough, it was....very cool.

I left some points out there today. (a mike on the "Dragonslayer", damn) Little making up to do this weekend in L10. The vendor tent is a huge temptation. I'm going to restrict myself to just 4 or 5 more trips through it. Hope everyone enjoys the match and the weather.

Jim M

I managed to get through today with 1 mike. Trying to get through will all solid runs (compared to decent runs with a few terrible ones thrown in) and so far so good.

I have to hit the sack, tomorrow is my early day.

Neal in AZ

I managed to get through today with 1 mike. Trying to get through will all solid runs (compared to decent runs with a few terrible ones thrown in) and so far so good.

I have to hit the sack, tomorrow is my early day.

Neal in AZ

Neal,

What squad are you on? I am on 11.

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

I put together a quick and dirty web site with some snapshots of the match

See:http://www.duckswild.com/riosalado/

Time to hit the sack. :yawn:

Hey... I know that "chic" - when you get a sec - it's LaMarca (upper cased M - yes... I'm picky - but that's a good thing, right?)

And, Hey(2) - Chuck S - WHERE's my Lima Beans?!?!? :P

A2Chic :ph34r:

My first time shooting with Henning and he is the epitomy of smoooooth. I know why the open guys were glad he is shooting limited.

Yeah he is one of those guys that you see shoot and go "that seemed slow" then they call his time out and he is a second or two faster than you

great match report guys. keep em comming

Pk

:lol:
Jeeze Mario ...... what are you shooting 300 grain bullets ? :D

Those were my "super chrono" special loads. I wondered why the ammo box read ”Guaranteed to make major”. ;);):lol::lol:

Sounds like SUPER CHRONO is the way to go at this match ;)

Kyle,

What squad are you on? I'm on 3...bunch of good guys and we seem to be having fun.

Chrono went bad for two guys today. One, I think had a new Open gun and he thought that factory Winchester 38 Super+P would make major. It was something like 148pf. Another guy came in at 164.8pf which hurts...he said he'd chrono'd it before and it was more like 170....ouch.

The staff running stage 10 was above and beyond nice. In the spirit of Veteran's Day, they asked if anybody was a vet....they had a Caspian arms 1911 multi-tool as a gift for each veteran on the squad....way cool!

I was a bit concerned starting out on the Last Starfighter, but in the end, it was probably a great stage to start on....it's going to be an unusual feeling shooting from inside the rig while seated so there isn't anything to do but watch the front sight/dot and call your shots.

Predator was pretty cool. I felt really slow, but I was calling my shots and getting the hits so I resisted the urge to go faster. On the swinger at the end I actually saw the bullet in flight from my last shot and thought, "it's a C just barely left of the A zone" and sure enough, it was....very cool.

148!! Can you believe that?!?! I hate useing borrowed gear. :angry: Oh well. Now I know for sure that Open class is not for me. Ditto on squad 3 being a good group of guys (and gals...sorry Mom) Everyone is working hard and we are getting through the stages fast. Thanks to all. ;)

TG

and Travis won a holster for a gun he doesn't have, you know what that means....

lucky guy wins one in the drawing at tonights dinner...

Chrono results are confusing, same batch of ammo that I shot at the Nats in Tulsa, 175-178pf, here I came in at 165.21, very strange, had two guys in the squad go minor, one on factory 40.

One Glock has died 3 times now, it keeps getting repaired from spare guns...

And I expect Flex to report on should you dump your mag or baby on the table...if anybody on his squad has the video of this, it's a must see.

mike sousa

Edited by michaels

I put together a quick and dirty web site with some snapshots of the match

See:http://www.duckswild.com/riosalado/

Time to hit the sack. :yawn:

Hey... I know that "chic" - when you get a sec - it's LaMarca (upper cased M - yes... I'm picky - but that's a good thing, right?)

And, Hey(2) - Chuck S - WHERE's my Lima Beans?!?!? :P

oldcurmudgeon... Thanks for the "correction".

Chuck S - Lovely Lima Beans - gonna bring them to the range to "display" ;) - they'll all be jealous...

jmallard - thanks for posting the interim results... looks maavvellous!! :bow: