Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Planning on shooting the Summer Blast in Fredericksburg again this June. Last year I got lucky and was squadded with Bill Schwab, who lit the place up in L10.

Anyone else going? I'm looking at Friday afternoon,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest qstick

http://lchico.5u.com/blast.html

This will take you to a page that is supposed to have stage diagrams,but I cannot seem to make them work.

Good Luck,

Zach

It just dawned on me that I was looking at a page that will show the results by stage...SORRY

Edited by qstick

Update.

I talked to Larry on Saturday, and both Sat and Sun were filled at that time. Over 199 entries then as well.

Last year there was a mailing ahead of time that had the stage diagrams and a few other things.

I got squadded with 2 other guys I shoot with regularly, so we should have fun. That assumes it don't rain again..... We've had like 28 days with rain in the last 36! YUCK.

Tom

I'm going, Todd J. should be there, Kert Gaskill, Mike Seeklander, Todd Sindelar, maybe Blake Miguez. Frank Garcia has said he's coming, and that's all I've heard...as far as "big dogs"

In Open, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Tilley, Max Michel, and Ron Francisco.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Hey Phil,

When are you shooting?

Is Jason going to be there, or have you sent him out of state so he's not embarrased by an old guy like me whuppin' up on him? B)

It should be fun! Last year had more than a few stages that could be shot in about a handful of different ways. I hope these are the same.

Shootin' Quantico this weekend?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm supposed to be shooting Sunday. I think Jason is going to FLETC's FITP school. He's not very happy about missing one of his only major matches this year! I'll let him know that you said he's lucky. See you there.

Phil

Yes Tom, it's true...I will once again miss the Summer Blast. And as Phil said, I'm not to happy about it. He keeps telling me I have to start shooting more majors, but unlike him I can not take every Friday and Monday off from work. :angry: I'm going to try and shoot a match or two while in GA. But the more I look the less I find close enough when I'm down there.

Anyhow.....Oh yeah, I missed you at Phil's match......Oh well I guess you'll pay next time while I shoot for free. :D

See you when I get back and let me know how the 180's come out.

JLJ

PS. Congrats Phil on 2nd at the Tropical Cup.

JL Hardy and I are leaving Atlanta on Thursday at noon. Make the 9 hour drive, shoot Friday the 13th at 1:00pm, get back in the truck, drive 9 hours back and set up the local monthly match Saturday morning at 7:00am. Shouldn't be a problem...... :wacko:

The Summer Blast was, once again, a fun match. Good Job to Larry, Linda Chico, and all of the match staff for a great time. This was also a santioned Tournament Series match AND a point series match (other). If you didn't get a chance to come out for it, you should definitely make the trip next year.

Result's are here

Nice to meet Bill and BJ. Congrat's to Phil Limited Champ and Bill 3rd L-10. Shot on the Saturdays Super Squad boy did I learned alot. Watching Frank G, Larry B, Jerry B and Kurt G was cool. Maybe that's why I blew almost every reload and winged a noshoot 2nd from the last stage. ;) I hated to see Sam Conway get DQ'd on the last stage. Took it like a real man. All the stages were straight up and fun to shoot.