Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 6" SightTracker?

jasmap

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any news on the legality in USPSA of my idea of a 6" "SightTracker" yet? I know a couple of people were working on it but I haven't heard if anything new had occurred.

Edited by jasmap

Isn't that new STI Infinite series offered in a 6"? There's another source of 6" sight trackers to help get the numbers up.

That's the intended direction and I am glad STI is doing it. I think it has great potential. I was just curious if there were any new info on the legality of it in USPSA yet.

Anyone have any news on the legality in USPSA of my idea of a 6" "SightTracker" yet? I know a couple of people were working on it but I haven't heard if anything new had occurred.

More than enough "components" have been manufactured last I knew. Now it's just a matter of getting the Board to vote on it. I think Mike Callaway's (Schuemann) plan was to get his Regional Director to sponsor it, but I have no idea when that was supposed to happen. I'll try to shoot him a note and ask what's up. R,

More than enough "components" have been manufactured last I knew. Now it's just a matter of getting the Board to vote on it. I think Mike Callaway's (Schuemann) plan was to get his Regional Director to sponsor it, but I have no idea when that was supposed to happen. I'll try to shoot him a note and ask what's up. R,

Cool. Thanks.

post-190-1237900759_thumb.jpgwas following this thread awhile ago, forgot about it. here's my 6" sight tracker, finished building it a couple of months ago, shot it first at ft. benning. ain't prettied up yet, gonna shine it up a bit more, then IONBOND. been shooting it as much as possible. runs great, tight as a nuns klack, and great trigger. the sight tracker concept works great for me, really see the front sight! loads are a bit tricky, but after some experimenting, OH, YEAH! actually in 'team america' style, "F&%K YEAH"! amazed at all the brouhaha over the USPSA legality issues. Calloway says it's cool, and the politics are pretty stupid. anybody who busts me at a match about this is really pretty small, probably literally.....especially if i'm beatin' them......

post-190-1237900746_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigsaxdog

There's another one. Let's get this thing legal already...

post-4907-1237909616_thumb.jpg

Sweet looking gun! I'm with ya on the "Let's get this legal".

6 inch guns are legal in Limited---the same gun is legal in 5 inch---after all its just a site on the barrel instead of the slide. What is the big holdup??????????

6 inch guns are legal in Limited---the same gun is legal in 5 inch---after all its just a site on the barrel instead of the slide. What is the big holdup??????????

I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of getting the Board to vote on it. I know Schuemann is working on it, but Mike is probably busy getting ready for his steel match right now (haven't heard back and he's usually good about replying). R,

The slide is light, but the barrel is too heavy. I could mill the heck out of it and get it to weigh around the same as a 5" bull barrel, then I might like it.

Now you're talking MY taste!

amazed at all the brouhaha over the USPSA legality issues. Calloway says it's cool, and the politics are pretty stupid. anybody who busts me at a match about this is really pretty small, probably literally.....especially if i'm beatin' them......

Anybody who shows up to shoot a match with a gun they KNOW is illegal is pretty small to start with :closedeyes:

amazed at all the brouhaha over the USPSA legality issues. Calloway says it's cool, and the politics are pretty stupid. anybody who busts me at a match about this is really pretty small, probably literally.....especially if i'm beatin' them......

Anybody who shows up to shoot a match with a gun they KNOW is illegal is pretty small to start with :closedeyes:

Lets live that issue at those two posts...and move on.

- Admin.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my version of the 6" Limited 40 (with bull barrel) known as the SaberCat built by Johnny of Limcat Custom. I've shot a few hundred rounds in practice and will shoot a match this weekend. Johnny delivered it with a heavy 16 lb. recoil spring which dipped the gun during fire but I've since swapped in a 12lb. ISMI spring and that made a huge difference. Now, it shoots very flat and soft compared to my full profile 5" WildCat. I'm still experimenting with different loads such as AutoComp and maybe N320 down the road. I currently shoot 180gr. Bear Creeks with 5.3gr. of N340. As far as handling, I don't experience the nose heavy weight although it's been lightened up front both inside and out - in my opinion it handles like a shorty open gun with out the C-more sight.

post-3673-1239912556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davidp1911

The slide is light, but the barrel is too heavy. I could mill the heck out of it and get it to weigh around the same as a 5" bull barrel, then I might like it.

Maybe I'm crazy delusional right now becasue I just pulled a 21 hour day at work, but... what if you did your bull barrel fluting, then did like a shotgun style "vented rib" on the sight tracker barrel? Mill a few short slots in the rib to cut the weight, only visible with the slide back. Talk about cool factor!

OK, gotta sleep now.

• 1 month later...
There's another one. Let's get this thing legal already...

post-4907-1237909616_thumb.jpg

Kind of sad, this gun and others like it are still sit in safes and can not be used in USPSA Limited Division.

SVI, STI, MC, are all offering 6 inch 2011s with front sights mounted on the barrel and all three have a different name for their respective models. These are hardly new guns as the same style is legal for 5 inch 2011.