Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good powder for 9mm and 45 ACP?

midvalleyshooter

I am not sure about the US market, but here in europe I'd say go with Vihtavuori N320.

I use this powder for 9mm, .40" and .45" because it's a quite fast burning powder that meters consistently and burns clean.

Luca beat me to it. N320 is great fro these two calibers, especially with those bullet weights. It meters nicely in Dillons and is very clean.

So, basically +1 to Skywalker's post ;)

I am not sure about the US market, but here in europe I'd say go with Vihtavuori N320.

I use this powder for 9mm, .40" and .45" because it's a quite fast burning powder that meters consistently and burns clean.

Luca beat me to it. N320 is great fro these two calibers, especially with those bullet weights. It meters nicely in Dillons and is very clean.

IF cost is not an issue, then N-320 is an excellent option. Here in the US, N320's price os now out of my reach, so there has been a search for "N320's Replacement"

The candidates as far as I can tell are (and these should work for your needs):

-E3

-Solo 1000 (my personal choice & single base like V V )

-Titegroup

And I know there are a few others - can you add to the list of: N-320's replacement?

• 1 month later...

IF cost is not an issue, then N-320 is an excellent option. Here in the US, N320's price os now out of my reach, so there has been a search for "N320's Replacement"

-E3

-Titegroup

And I know there are a few others - can you add to the list of: N-320's replacement?

Try VV N340, works really well in 45ACP, maybe a bit slow for 9mm 147 grs.

Dick

-E3

-Titegroup

I haven't tried it yet (I have two pounds) but Ramshot Competition may another replacement for N320. Very close on all the burn rate charts, small grain so it should meter very well. It's a double base so it might not be as clean but it's supposed to be pretty close.

Just curious to know: here in Italy common price for N320 is about €30 per 1/2 kg (1.1 lbs) keg. If you buy it by weight, from gunshops who buy 25Kg kegs, then you might be able to get near half that price, but (AFAIK) there's only one such source here. Last time I bought 4Kg and paid €120.

Can the US market price be more insane than this?

Just curious to know: here in Italy common price for N320 is about €30 per 1/2 kg (1.1 lbs) keg. If you buy it by weight, from gunshops who buy 25Kg kegs, then you might be able to get near half that price, but (AFAIK) there's only one such source here. Last time I bought 4Kg and paid €120.

Dutch market is worse: €44 per 1/2kg for N3xx

Strange, I pay €110 for 2kg N320? :mellow:

Strange, I pay €110 for 2kg N320?

Wow! :surprise: 30euro = ~$45US for 1.1lb.......in the US N3xx powders run around $23/lb.....~$25 per 1/2kg

........and we thought VV powders were expensive in the US!

Many of the US made powders quoted here run in the $50-60 range for 4lb (+ hazmat shipping charge).

Edited by matt2ace

In Norway we're around €44 as well. It stinks but its the way it is.

A case of 2000 Zero 180gr JHP's is around $370 with all the taxes and shipping costs here. Only way to get Zero's or MG's is to import it myself.

Other bullet options are Frontier, which suck bigtime and Pirvo Partizan's which are OK. The Partizan 180's are around $110 pr 1000.

1000pc Federal SP or SR are around $55 if you buy shitloads of it.

So you US based shooters really pay nothing for your shooting!

And don't get me started on gun prices :P

In Norway we're around €44 as well. It stinks but its the way it is.

A case of 2000 Zero 180gr JHP's is around $370 with all the taxes and shipping costs here. Only way to get Zero's or MG's is to import it myself.

Other bullet options are Frontier, which suck bigtime and Pirvo Partizan's which are OK. The Partizan 180's are around $110 pr 1000.

1000pc Federal SP or SR are around $55 if you buy shitloads of it.

So you US based shooters really pay nothing for your shooting!

And don't get me started on gun prices :P

Yeah but you should see what we have to pay for good snowball in the Summer months :surprise:

Martin :cheers: