Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multigun Nationals 2007

Hey kids, I have a favor to ask of you.

I have been tasked with assembling the USPSA Multigun Nationals match report for Front Sight. I think I have enough info based on your after action reports and my own feelings to offer a balanced write-up. But what I need is a Guns and Gear of the Top 5 in each division and Top 3 in Heavy Metal.

You may respond here or via personal email or BE message. pk@multigun.com

A number of our own are THE Top guys.

Limited

Ted Puente

Kelly Neal

Kurt Miller

Robby Johnson

Erik Lund

Open

Jerry Miculek

Chris Tilley

Mike Voigt

Don Bednorz

Tony Holmes

Tactical

Daniel Horner

Taran Butler

Dave Neth

Benny Hill

Carl Carbon

Heavy Metal

Me

Wayne Holloway

Tate Moots

Please spread the word to the guys listed here and especially those who are not BE’ers.

Thanks all

Patrick

Looks like I'll have the honor of being the first one...

Pistol- STI 40 S&W

200 gr. load

Blade-Tech DOH Holster

Shotgun- 21" Benelli M1-Super 90 12 Ga. (with Pistol Grip)

Remington Nitro Express #8 1-1/8oz. @ 1,350fps

Rifle- 20" Colt AR Match HBar. 1/7 twist chrome-lined barrel

JP Free float tube

Lund/SJC Titan Comp

69gr. Sierra with VV powder

HK magazines

If you need any other information, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks Patrick,

Erik

Holster, blade-tech DOH Pistol, my own 6" fat free with 165 jacketed zero hp's under 4.8 gr. tightgroupe, shotgun is M2 benelli with all my mod, rifle is dpms upper & lower with JP trigger & custom 1-12 twist barrel with rolling thunder comp shooting ultramax 55gr balistic tip.

Shotgun: Benny Hill worked over Benelli M1 with XO express rear sight (a must have item!), lightened bolt, FO front sight, 21 inch barrel, Briley chokes. Federal Tactical slugs. I shot the whole match with an Improved cylinder choke. Shellholders were a combo of 3gungear (sidesaddles) and California Comp gunworks 4 round shell caddies.

Pistol: Angus Hobdell worked over CZ TS (in fact it was Angus own gun!) in .40 S&W. The pistol has a FO front sight, LPA adjustable rear sight, lightened fame (the heavy dust cover was cut back), Angus' (aka www.ghostholster.com) grips, extended paddle safety and mag well. I shot Winchester whitebox .40 which powerfactored at 180! I was ready for SOF! The holster was a Safariland 560 made for a Beretta that Arnt of Safariland hotgunned into submission. Mag pouches were Safariland.

Rifle: DSA AR15 that had been JPized. A2 stock, JP trigger (done by the master JP himself), JP handguard and barrel, Sierra Design grip, Benny Hill Rolling Thunder comp, LMT rear sight with same plane apetures, JP extended front sight with .040 front post in globe. Ammo were handloaded 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips going 3250 fps. Magazines were steel British Army surplus and a DPMS 45 rounder, all with Arrendaondo basepads.

Gunsmithery by Benny Hill, Accuracy Speaks (thanks Marty!), JP, and Ghostholster.

I would note that every top Limited Shooter had extended front sights and skinny front posts. Sight radius is your friend.

A 1 in 12, Benny? That's interesting in the era of 1 in 9s and faster. A real commitment to lighter bullets.

Pistol.

S.V. 5" .40 with a fiber optic front sight and Bo-mar rear. Now with a new current frame design. Thank you Brandon at SV for your excellent customer support! 180 gr. Montana gold with 4.9 titegroup. 176 pf.

Shotgun.

F/N 22" tactical. Same gun as the Winchester X-2 practical. Stock except for heavier springs almost everywhere. Little bit of grinding to take the sharp edges off. Reload four at a time stronghand. All the extra shells are on my belt.

Rifle.

J.P. CTR2. 20" 1-8 with a US Optics 1-4 scope. Kudo's to JP, this gun has held it's Zero from Tulsa to Helsinki this year. Works every time. Sierra 69 gr. at 2900 fps using varget.

Blade tech and Holsters plus out of Idaho for all the shell holders and accessories.

Thanks Carl

Rifle: 20" barreled J.P. CR02, 1x8 ( waisted on me as I only shoot light bullets ) DPMS bolt on A2 rear sight with an A2 Front sight out at the end of the barrel with a .035 sight width. Bullets, last of the mid 80,s lot of WCC M193 ball, and a Nozler 55 grain balistic tip reload @ 3200 with AA powder for accuracy stuff! And last but not least a CHING SLING!! A 45 round DPMS magazine ( now fixed! :angry2:) and G.I. mags from the mid 70s. Mag holders, The Wilderness company

Shotgun: Benelli M1 Feild in Real Tree cammo that I modified all except the lightened bolt which Benny did, with flip up 10-22 sight and North Pass Hi-Viz sight on the front for accurate slug shooting! Light Modified choke for all shooting (seeings as it is silver soldered in!) Ammo was Wally World Federal multi-purpose 8 shot, some Fiochi spreaders,( hey it IS lt mod!). Slugs, Federal low recoil. Ammo holders Original Choate Shell Caddies, 6 round, none of these shortened 4 holders

Pistol: Twin of Benny's 6 inch and it is the second bushing 6" built. Grams magazines. Bullets Montana Gold over N320 to a power factor of 173. Narrowest front sight I can find with a tiny Green Fiber tube glued in place not flaired out so it is real small. Rupe grip reduction and all the rest, what ever Benny built. Holster and mag holders all Blade-Tech, but NOT DOH!

Belt: The Wilderness instructors belt.

Shirt: Tech-Wear

Glasses: Decote

Knee Wrap: Ace, provided by Bronco A.K.A. Keith Tolles

Beer: Home brewed, naturally :cheers: KurtM

OK, I couldn't be 1st in the Open Division but at least I will be the 1st Open shooter to respond!

Rifle: JP Ctr-02 with a 20" barrel, Weaver 2-10 scope with a JPoint on the side. Handloaded 55gr Montana Gold bullets.

Pistol: SV Infinity IMM in 9mm with a C-More. Montana Gold 124 gr JHP loaded with HS6. Ghost holster.

Shotgun:Remington 1100 with a 28" barrel ported by me, a Dr Sight installed by Bevin Grams and a Arrendondo Speedloader Assist Bracket.

Hey guys,

Pistol: STI .40, Built by the Army Custom shop (Thanks SSG Nelson, and SFC Harless)

Ammo: 180grn VV320

Rifle: JP CTR-02, Schmit Bender Short Dot PMII, Mag-Pul stock, CAT TAIL Throw leaver!!!

Ammo: 77grn for long range and 55grn for up close

Shotgun: FNUSA SLP Mark I, also by the Army Custom shop, and 3T Shell Caddies

Ammo: 7 1/2, Remington Reduced Recoil Slugs and cylinder bore the whole match

Thanks Patrick!!

Daniel

Kurt, don't lie, you drank plenty of factory produced Shiner Bock as well.

Daniel, do you like the reticle (mil hash marks) in the Short Dot. When do you use the red dot feature? All the time? Short range only? On the long range stage did you holdover for the 330 yard shots or make a sight adjustment and hold dead on? Excellent shooting by the way. Congrats.

It's not bad... I actually prefer the Illuminated reticle in the Leupolds, but it's not bad, and the flash dot in the scope makes up for all the imperfections. The SB glass isn't as clear as the Leupold (due to the reflective coating for the dot), but a true one power with the dot is a huge advantage. I use the dot any time I'm on 1 power and <150 yard steel, just because you can see it so fast. I think another thing that helps is that the scope is so high. I have the 1.93" rings from LaRue and with the Mug-Pul butt stock it mounts just like my shotgun, so it's quick.

Edited by Daniel Horner

Rifle - DPMS 20" 1-9, Cooley comp, free float tube, JP gas block, JP stainless carrier & JP trigger, Leupold Mark 4 - 1.5x5 SPR reticle w/cat tail throw lever, Hogue Grip, DPMS Mags.

Ammo - Hornady 52gr. AMAX @ 3200, Hornady brass, Hodgdon H335.

Shotgun - Remington 11/87 12ga. 26" JP comp barrel with IonBond Black Diamond coating, Jpoint sight, HIVIZ sporting clay IC choke tube, Nordic componets extended tube & speed loaders, Arrendondo Speed loader shute, easyloader.

Ammo - Fiocchi Speaders 3 dram 1 1/8 oz. & 1 oz slugs Federal 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz

Pistol - STI 38 super comp gun built by Triangle Shooting Sports & Benny Hill with IonBond Black Diamond coating, C-More 6 min dot.

Holster - CR Speed, safariland mag pouches.

Ammo - Hornady 124 XTP @ 1360, Brass - Hornady 38TJ - VV powder.

Edited by TonyH

Shiner befor injury, but for recovery only home brewed Porter will do! Last batch just ran out of the keg! Specific Gravity said 7.3% alcohol! by volume! Life is good as long as I don't "twist and shout"... but drinking is OK!!

Pistol: SVI IMM 4 port 10 degrees back w/ C-More scope. Shot with 121ifp Montana Gold bullets and a CR-Speed holster.

Shotgun: Benelli M2 with lots of mods and J-Point scope. Shot with 7.5 Estate and Remington managed recoil slugs.

Rifle: MSTN Competition 17-in topend - deluxe with JP receiver and internals with Vltor club foot A2 stock w/ Trijicon tr-21 scope on a LaRue T104-30 QD Mount and J-Point on Burkett mount. Shot with 77gr. Black hills and 55gr Montana Gold bullets.

DvC,

Chris Tilley

Here is a list of my gear. Ted PUENTE. This is my first post so I am listing my name because I dont know if it is going to appear next to the post. Pistol is a STI .40, custom built by Frank GARCIA. It has a .70 wide front sight designed by Manny BRAGG to help get a 6" sight picture from a 5" gun. The load is a 180 Montana Gold over N-320. Rifle is a Colt AR.223, using 69 gr Sierra HPBT over Alliant RX-15. It has a KRIEGER 1-8.8 stainless barrel with a Coolie/JP comp. It has a .50 fiber optic sight from "Mounting solutions plus", which works great! I have a "Daniel Defense" free float tube and a JP adjustable gas block. The shotgun is a Benelli 12 GA using a 21 " field barrel and a Sight Link fiber optic, again from "Mounting Solutions Plus". The carrier was modified by Bevan Grams after it almost ate my thumb! I am using Federal 1 1/8 3 Dram loads, in #8 shot for poppers, and FIOCHI spreaders for the birds. I used Wolf slugd, but am probably going to change to Rem reduced. The WOLF are a little hot. If anybody has any other questions I will help all I can, feel free to e-mail me direct at "usathreegunner@hotmail.com".