Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 North Texas Section Championship

North Texas Section Championship at the DoubleTap Ranch in Wichita Falls, TX.

Sunday, October 28th, 2007 (staff shoots on October 27th)

8 stages, approximately 225 rounds.

1-day match, $50 entry fee.

Download the match information at http://www.uspsatexassecnorth.org/

Prize table will consist of 12 pistols to be awarded by random drawing to participants in the Championship Match.

Smith & Wesson M&P's, Smith & Wesson .22's, and Glocks.

Match is open to all USPSA members, and all match participants are eligible for gun drawings, but

ONLY NTX SECTION MEMBERS QUALIFY FOR THE 2008 NATIONALS SLOTS.

Winning NTX section members can take home a SLOT or a GUN, not both.

Come join us for lots of run & gun (NTX Section is offering member clubs $500 MGM gift certificate for 'Best Match Stage' as voted by match participants).

Edited by joseywales

Bryan_W and I are wandering up from Austin for this match!!! Looking forward to it!! :D

Hey, BTW - what time does registration start, shooters meeting, hammer down, all that??? ;)

Edited by XRe

Bryan_W and I are wandering up from Austin for this match!!! Looking forward to it!! :D

Hey, BTW - what time does registration start, shooters meeting, hammer down, all that??? ;)

Great to have you guys!

Corral some of those other central/south Texas rascals and bring them too! (ya hear that GeneralChang, ScottR, Toine?)

I believe start time to be 800am on Sunday, October 28th.

The Start Time for the North Texas Section Championship on SUNDAY OCT 28th will be at 10:00 am Sharp . 8 stages Registration Starts at 8:00am

We will have a total of 12 guns on the Prize table. Based on last year Particapation that will be a 1 in 4 chance of winnning an Gun. If you Win a Slot paid for or otherwise you will have to make a choice between the slot and and a gun. You may not win both.

There will be a $20.00 transfer fee charged by Jimmy Mitchell of Mitchel Custom guns. the Winner is responsable for this Fee.

More info at www.uspsatexassecnorth.org

Edited by scorch

Man, A 10 am start is lots better than that 8am that was posted the other day. I need to drive over from Lubbock, @3.5hrs or so, this will let me come shoot the match! :bow: Leaving at 4am wasn't looking too promising. :yawn::wacko:

If I get out of here between 5:30 & 6, I'll make it in time!

See ya'll there, MLM

Man, A 10 am start is lots better than that 8am that was posted the other day. I need to drive over from Lubbock, @3.5hrs or so, this will let me come shoot the match! :bow: Leaving at 4am wasn't looking too promising. :yawn::wacko:

If I get out of here between 5:30 & 6, I'll make it in time!

See ya'll there, MLM

Looking forward to it! Set your alarm early enough that you can get here to preview the stages. Drive safe.

North Texas Section Championship at the DoubleTap Ranch in Wichita Falls, TX.

Sunday, October 28th, 2007 (staff shoots on October 27th)

8 stages, approximately 225 rounds.

1-day match, $50 entry fee.

Download the match information at http://www.uspsatexassecnorth.org/

Prize table will consist of 12 pistols to be awarded by random drawing to participants in the Championship Match.

Smith & Wesson M&P's, Smith & Wesson .22's, and Glocks.

Match is open to all USPSA members, and all match participants are eligible for gun drawings, but

ONLY NTX SECTION MEMBERS QUALIFY FOR THE 2008 NATIONALS SLOTS.

Winning NTX section members can take home a SLOT or a GUN, not both.

Come join us for lots of run & gun (NTX Section is offering member clubs $500 MGM gift certificate for 'Best Match Stage' as voted by match participants).

Do you have to be a uspsa member.

Talked to SC yesterday to firm-up the start time & schedule.

Here's what it looks like.

800am Registration

955am Shooter meeting

1000am Hammer down.

Awards by 3-330pm.

Ya'll have fun! I promised some newbies I'd take them out to the DPC steel match tomorrow.

Did Catfish make Major :unsure:

Catfish didn't finish the match. :ph34r: Like other have said, there are those that have and those that will.

It was a great match, just wish I would have been able to shoot the whole thing!!

Thanks to Porter and Steve Speer and the other clubs that made this match and the point series happen.... We'll see ya'll next year!

:cheers:

Great weather, great people, great shooting match today in NTX.

Those who weren't able to make it really missed something special!

Eight absolutely fabulous stages of moving & shooting (and aiming was definitely required!).

Stage 1 - seated on hood of car, loaded gun on hood, engage paper, popper, swinger, drop-turner, texas star! - lot's of movement.

Stage 2 - standing grasping pole, run 7 yds to shooting area, engage paper, poppers, plates, swinger, drop-turner (clamshells wouldn't work) - lots of movement.

Stage 3 - grab & load gun from table, engage paper, steel, and swinger - lots of movement.

I's tired. That's about all I can recall tonight...but it was serious fun!

Derrick - sorry to hear about your DQ.

Fish, Nice consolation prize, though; winning a gun!

-and thanks a lot; your DQ made the other s.s. big fish jump into the L10 pond and knocked me down to 3rd. :angry:

-good seeing you guys, great match.

Would you believe that me and two other friends drove down there and we came back with 2 new glocks and a new M&P for me!?!! B)B)

-and thanks a lot; your DQ made the other s.s. big fish jump into the L10 pond and knocked me down to 3rd. :angry:

And that left me as the lone SS guy to "finish" the match (actually, I didn't even shoot 3 stages, due to R.O.ing, etc.) in the SS Division...... yay me.

Cruddy way to lose, Derrick, but I'll trade it for your new gun :P

Shaun thanks for ROing and waiting to eat your hamburger. Great match, lots of different shots. Thanks to all the people that made it happen. Derrick, best 10 bucks you ever spent on the raffle tickets! :cheers:

As already Said..... IT WAS A GREAT MATCH.... my hats off to all the Clubs in the Section that helped put this on, they are the ones that made it such a great match. Thanks to Steve Speer for heading up the slot alication and coming up with the concept. Thanks to all the RO's/ Set up crew. for all you hard work. Thanks to all the ladies that feed us and Sandra for doing the Stats and getting print out done so quickly. Thanks to Smith & Wesson, Glock and MGM Targets for the sponsorship.

Used the new form I designed after the Double Tap this year, and it made the Awards go silky smooth. We were done and off range before 4:00pm.

Edited by scorch

"wow" what a match.. you folks in the "north Texas sect " are ..well just awesome ... every stage i mean every stage was great ! how far did you want to push it....ummm

giving away slots to the Nat's. what a great idea.. and all the sponsors who stepped up ,glock, S & W ,more guns given away than i have seen , MGM for the 500.00 in props for the best club stage, stage 2 , i voted for it, my worsted 1 ( anyone else get a FTE and a few mikes....hats off guys and gals it was perfect....scores done quick, awards done ! wow....like clock work...

thanks to all , Charles k

Hats off to you all…again! Well done, challenging and fun. Letting each club design a stage kept things different from bay to bay, not just a different collar on the same old mutt.

Robert, If you can bottle that scoring stuff you will have a best seller.

Steve, a Masterful job all the way around.

Let’s do it again next year.

David C

Thanks very much to Robert and Steve for this series. What a treat to have to decide between a free gun and a free slot to Nationals! ;) It makes my sore hands and aching back SO much easier to bear.

I do believe the North Texas section is where it's at these days - we're very fortunate to have such talented and motivated supporters of the sport. The club presidents in our section have the vision to invest in our sport, and it will continue to pay dividends.

Thanks again, guys!

jr

Thanks very much to Robert and Steve for this series. What a treat to have to decide between a free gun and a free slot to Nationals! ;) It makes my sore hands and aching back SO much easier to bear.

I do believe the North Texas section is where it's at these days - we're very fortunate to have such talented and motivated supporters of the sport. The club presidents in our section have the vision to invest in our sport, and it will continue to pay dividends.

Thanks again, guys!

jr

+1

:cheers: