Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Question?

jeffscaspian

Hello,

I am new to this wheel gun thing and I am having problems finding a holster. I have everything I need to start shooting except the holster. I have a 5" S&W 625 in 45acp. I am looking for a descent starter holster. If someone can point me in the right direction or has one for sale, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello,

if you are talking about an Ipsc holster, for revos the best are H&S and CRspeed .... i use an H&S, because it's smaller very compact design, works well for me.

A lot of Us revo-shooters use the CRspeed, but i never had one to try .... and i can't give to you my personal opinion about this holster.

Jeff,

It comes down to what you are willing to spend. I have a CR speed holster, I think it cost upwards of 190 bucks. You can use it in ICORE and IPSC, but NOT IPDA. It is strictly a competition rig. It is VERY fast.

You can get a BladeTech holster that can be used for all three, probably about 80 dollars, I have one of those also. It works very well.

If cost is an issue, you can get a Bianchi accumold cruiser holster. be careful of your belt selection on this, I think the max is a 2 inch belt for the N frame model. It is a thumbsnap duty style holster, but is not a bad way to go to start, with practice, you will be almost as fast as the blade tech, I think you can get them for about 29 dollars. I know in IDPA, if you have a thumbsnap, you must use it.

If you can find a belt slide/yaqui style, it would be a very good alternative.

Edited by fdkay

Best is to find a holster for USPSA as the 5" gun can not be used in IDPA any way.

Blade Tech makes a holster that runs about $70 that is OK as a starter holster. I believe Kenny at Speed Shooter's specialties has them. then a belt and moon clip holders

CR SPEED will run $179 from Shooter's Connection. Plus a belt for another $55 (Prices from web site today) Then the moon clip holders.

Speed Sec from Shooter's Connection is my favorite for function and price $109. plus a belt and moon clip holders

Speed Sec from Shooter's Connection is my favorite for function and price $109. plus a belt and moon clip holders

Another vote for the Speed Sec if you looking at USPSA/ICORE shooting.

Holds all your revo's without adjusting no matter what barrel length.

My only caution is to practice with it and get used to it as it is a competition holster and like 99% of these

you need to get used to locking and un-locking the holster and knowing when to start a stage with

the gun locked or not.

And sensei, what's the "H&S" holster ??

H&S is the brand, Speedsec 5 CW is the model, in the USA you can find it also as Extreme from Frank Garcia.

Add my vote to this little, light, fast and safe holster, which take care of K-L-N S&W revos.

I suggest also NorthMountain moon carrier, 8 clips securely carried in little space: easy to find ,easy to take.

About the belt, any model with the soft velcro on the inner.

post-480-1191945328.jpg

Another vote for the Speed Sec if you looking at USPSA/ICORE shooting.

Holds all your revo's without adjusting no matter what barrel length.

My only caution is to practice with it and get used to it as it is a competition holster and like 99% of these

you need to get used to locking and un-locking the holster and knowing when to start a stage with

the gun locked or not.

this: http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object825

H&S : Hoppner & Schumann

DANG, THAT looks like a "646" in the H&S Holster...didn't know any of them "Left" the country!!!... :) ....mikey357

I was told one is in Belgium.

One is in my holster, another in the range bag,just in case.

Ciao from Italy

I use a CR Speed holster and belt for my 627. I had to remove a bit of material to clear the front of the frame but may be because of the N frame. They may have fixed that now. But I like it better that my safariland. It is fast and hasn't needed an adjustment/tightening in the 3-4 years i've used it.

One caveat with this holster, make sure not to put any pressure from the inside of the gun, near your body, to the outside, away from you body. I was moving a table to set up for a match and my right elbow pushed between my body and the gun. Me and my revolver painfully found out that it could roll out of the holster even thought it was locked as that angle can slide the trigger guard out of the locking tab with out even moving it. Bummer.