Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Holster Owners?

G-ManBart

Catch it :cheers:

Gotta love this site and it's members. Do you like the Ghost holster? I'm considering a change from my CR to stop the interference with my giant legs........

Use it in past three years without any problems.

I think it's a best choice in this price category...

I had the older Ghost holster and upgraded it to the new one that does not requrie drilling a hole in the trigger guard.

In addition to this feature, the latch on the new one has an "up" position that keeps the level our of the way when walking around (I had a problem with my jacket catching on the old lever). The only negative about the new holster is that the level and the knob are now plastic rather than metal (if you upgrade an old one, you can move the metal lever to the new holster).

Angus at Ghost Holster was fantastic about replacing a part that broke on mine.

ANyone cut off the "wings" (angled area) in between the 2 belts?

I did, as well as adding the self stick velcro.

+1 On both mine and the wife.....the wing were giving us a gap.....I used velcro on all hoslter and mag's pouchs.....

Edited by dansy

I added the velcro and it held better, but still had the gap.

With the NC sectional on Friday, I don't want to change anything now but once that is over, I belive that the DREMEL will be coming out after that. NO more wings!

I added the velcro and it held better, but still had the gap.

With the NC sectional on Friday, I don't want to change anything now but once that is over, I belive that the DREMEL will be coming out after that. NO more wings!

I am not sure why you "mind the gap*" but when I looked at the problem I could not see why moving a race holster closer to the body would be a good thing. Especially for seated starts with an open gun. I like a slightly forward of the hip position for the holster so the barrel would not clear my leg when I was seated. YMMV but like I said, it would be difficult to undo that modification.

Later,

Chuck

* been to London?

I shot my ghost for 3 years and have really never zened with it. Is it just me or does everyone have a problem from time to time with the gun sticking and the lock not being engaged?

Never, mine is going on 5yrs old now.

I shot my ghost for 3 years and have really never zened with it. Is it just me or does everyone have a problem from time to time with the gun sticking and the lock not being engaged?

Other than the occasional "Ghost Wedgie" when trying to draw from a locked holster (A reminder that "Are you ready?" is not a rhetorical question!), the thing has been fine for the last 5 years or so.

Later,

Chuck

No or I would have fixed it or gotten rid of it in just days after I bought it.

Other than the occasional "Ghost Wedgie" when trying to draw from a locked holster (A reminder that "Are you ready?" is not a rhetorical question!), the thing has been fine for the last 5 years or so.

Later,

Chuck

Now Chuck, I hear you really like those "wedgies" LOL

Later,

Chuck

Ahh, the votes are in so you can go back to your Evil Ways? :devil:

Later,

Chuck

Ahh, the votes are in so you can go back to your Evil Ways? :devil:

:ph34r: Except some members make it so easy to be evil :ph34r:

I am starting to like it more. I used a SPeedsec with my Edge and HK USP. similiar in some ways. The lever on the Speedsec is easier to use. I think the Ghost would work better with a metal lever/cylinder for locking/unlocking. The plastic locking piece looks to be rough. I can draw just about as fast with the Speedsec locked and sweep it unlocked on the draw. However, the Ghost is staying in the holster if you forget to un-lock it,....un-locked it works just great, but I can not unlock it as easy as the Speedsec. Might just need some more practice.

the Speedsec can not be left unlocked with out it falling out of the holster while moving about on the range (learned that the hard way :unsure: )

I think the Ghost would work better with a metal lever/cylinder for locking/unlocking. The plastic locking piece looks to be rough.

Ghost used to make the cylinder and lever out of aluminum - two pieces with the lever screwing into the cylinder (three if you count the setscrew). This was much better construction that the new plastic assembly, however, the shift no doubt allowed them to make a couple of dollars more per unit which is what it's all about.

I think the Ghost would work better with a metal lever/cylinder for locking/unlocking. The plastic locking piece looks to be rough.

Ghost used to make the cylinder and lever out of aluminum - two pieces with the lever screwing into the cylinder (three if you count the setscrew). This was much better construction that the new plastic assembly, however, the shift no doubt allowed them to make a couple of dollars more per unit which is what it's all about.

I wonder who would be able to source an aluminum piece?