Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

Can't see it in the Photos But there is a 21" fan in the Upper Back Corner of the Bay that will draw air Thru the Photo darkroom type Entrance that you enter from the Front in Photo 1. We are going to Shoot it a few more times at club matches before we take it down and recycle to put up shade down the middle of the Range over the tables.

Edited by scorch

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert,

I'm sure it is too late for me to mention this but being a fireman, we study clearing smoke from rooms & houses. It takes way more air movement to pull smoke from a room than it takes to push it out. If you could run a fan into the room & push it out, you will have much greater success. Use a large opening to blow in with a smaller opening(75% as big as the entrance or so) for the exit & the smoke will clear like magic. You try to pull it, you will need lots & lots of air movement. Sort of like an electric fuel pump in a car does better pushing fuel than pulling it. I know, it doesn't make sense but it works. If you push smoke out, you pressurize the room (or in this case the stage) slightly which works lots better than trying to draw a vacuum on such a large area. Think about it.

Are you going to run a classification update this year before the match? Several of our folks have gotten classed or moved up.

MLM

Thanks! We will Keep that in Mind Unfortunely We already Have the Openings Built. but we can Pressureize it rather than Draw, Thanks for the Advice. YES! Wea re going to run the class up date. we are got a New Computer and the Newest EZ WIN score to do it with.

Hello, will the squad matrix be made public before the match?

Just curious.

Thanks.

If by "squad matrix" you mean who is on which squad, you can go to the USPSA.org website's self-squading page and see where everyone is placed. If you are a USPSA member, you can input the user ID and password to get their full name.

If "squad matrix" means something else, please advise and I'm sure someone can help you.

Bill

Hello, will the squad matrix be made public before the match?

Just curious.

Thanks.

If by "squad matrix" you mean who is on which squad, you can go to the USPSA.org website's self-squading page and see where everyone is placed. If you are a USPSA member, you can input the user ID and password to get their full name.

If "squad matrix" means something else, please advise and I'm sure someone can help you.

Bill

What I meant was, which squad will start on which stage at what time, where the chrono fits in there etc...

If Robert leaves it as 12 squads, Squad 1 will be on Stage 1 on Friday, and Squad 13 will start on stage 1 on Saturday. You rotate around numerically - I believe we shoot 8 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday or something like that? Shooter's meeting is at 0745 both days, hammer down at 0800. Not sure yet where the chrono will pop up, but I'm sure Robert has it figured out by now.... ;)

If Robert leaves it as 12 squads, Squad 1 will be on Stage 1 on Friday, and Squad 13 will start on stage 1 on Saturday. You rotate around numerically - I believe we shoot 8 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday or something like that? Shooter's meeting is at 0745 both days, hammer down at 0800. Not sure yet where the chrono will pop up, but I'm sure Robert has it figured out by now.... ;)

Thanks for the info Dave!

Are there any slots still available?

Its going to be close to full (if not already). From the self-squading site, there appears to be 20 slots open (19 for Friday shooting) with 14 unsquadded shooters listed. Assuming all of the unsquadded shooters are able to shoot on Friday, that leaves 6 openings. Some may be unable to shoot on Friday and are hoping for a chance to shoot the Sat/Sun schedule, so there may be room for few more than 6.

Unless Robert advises its already too late, get an application in the mail and lock down one of the Friday slots. You won't regret it.

Bill

Unless Robert advises its already too late, get an application in the mail and lock down one of the Friday slots. You won't regret it.

I won't be able to make it until late Friday because I have two tests that day. I just emailed Robert to be put on the waiting list for Sat/Sun.

Hopefully.....

Pretty damn xcited to take part in this marathon! :D Esp. as it'll be my first match on US soil :) -I'm from the UK. :)

Lab!

I see you are also on Squad 18. Don't worry, we will take good care of you. Especially since this is your first US match and the tradition calls for you to buy the drinks Saturday night.

Bill :cheers:

Hey Lab

So far Squad 18 has 2 Minnesota and 2 Iowa Guys and yourself....maybe we can be the most miles traveled squad...BTW...I'll take a pint of Guiness. :cheers:

Well Lab, it looks like all your new "friends" want to help you empty your wallet. To be democratic about it, lets buy drinks for your fellow squad mates alphabetically?

All in favor? Aye.

Bill

p.s. If were are going for the "most miles award", Roman hails from Germany. And I always thought that accent meant he was Amish.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

We still have Solts avaiable for Saturday/ Sun. When we extend Invatations to the Super squad around March 5 or so slots will come Avaiable then.

The plan for the Chrono is to be shot after you shoot Stage 12 and before Stage 1. Entries are trickling in, only one fellow on the wait list for Sat sunday and I had a Cancelation this morning.

The real tradition is to buy the MD a steak dinner with a Guiness

Edited by scorch

Just bring a translator and you should be OK

Hey Jamie, let's see how many of the SOBs get beat by the SNOBs!!! :ph34r:

Humm how about we do a total match points? Or If you want to make it interesting how about penalties. An SOB can wast plenty of no shoots with all the bullets we have to waste. ;)

I got kind of wastefull this weekend

Just bring a translator and you should be OK

Hey Jamie, let's see how many of the SOBs get beat by the SNOBs!!! :ph34r:

Well is should HOPE all of them specially if they are shooting them 8 rounders in this match.....it would be a little hard to live that one down back on the home thread :surprise:

Jamie, I got Ice covered, I hung out with another bloke from acorss the pond down at Benning this year, Mike.45 aka Mike Darby.......well I can understand drunken Brits anyway :lol:

Edited by DrawandDuck