Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 10 minute forcast is about right for this part of Texas.

For instance - all week, the meteorologists have been predicting harsh, rainy, nasty weather for Easter Sunday, with the cloud cover and wind rolling in on Saturday night. That is... right up until yesterday, when the prediction changed to partly cloudy, no rain, and windy. Yesterday was gorgeous (apologies to the winter weather complainers on other threads... but you do have a choice about where you live ;) ). Today will be nice, if a bit March-ish (windy, possibly need a long shirt or jacket outside).

So, like everyone's saying, don't pay any attention to the forecast, and bring a little bit of everything to wear :D

That reminds me of a story, Dave.....

Our shooting club was featured on one of the local channels a year or two ago as a "Texas Adventure" or something like that.

The cameraman bent down and picked up a handful of old, nasty and almost rusty .223 brass and put it in his pocket.

One of the guys asked him what the heck he was doing, and if he reloaded, there was good brass over here...

His response: "oh, I like to pick up old nasty brass whenever I can so when I go down to the grassy knoll for work I just sprinkle it around."

:surprise: That was just classic!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I remember that story..Maybe we should take some odd caliber brass there and lead a scavanger hunt for "artifacts"!!!

AS if there was any .223/5.56 around in '63......Hey, where were you in '63???

Edited by Mick

AS if there was any .223/5.56 around in '63......Hey, where were you in '63???

Any?

LOTS…

The “.222 Special” had been in production since 1957. The .223 Remington was produced in lots of 10,000 as early as 1958 and Colt had been marketing the AR in Asia since late 1959. The Air Force was testing AR-15’s at Lackland AFB in 1960.

...and in November 1963 I was just 5 months away from enlisting...

David C

To get slightly back on topic... If you look at the weather forecast today, you'll see its quite a bit different... but don't hold your breath... it could easily change 3 or 4 more times before this weekend! :D

But... if it stays the same, it'll be right in that middlin' temperature range where you might want long pants in the morning, and shorts in the afternoon, depending on the sun and wind...

I'm a big fan of zip-offs for match-wear, especially the quick-dry ones, but Colombia has gone to a goofy belt system this year on the GRTs that makes holster use annoying. I'll have to try a pair of these.

I'm a big fan of zip-offs for match-wear, especially the quick-dry ones, but Colombia has gone to a goofy belt system this year on the GRTs that makes holster use annoying. I'll have to try a pair of these.

They are rip-stop nylon vs the regular cotton 5.11 pants and they are kind of....

What's the word?

Breezy! :rolleyes:

Especially when you where them with Underarmor!

List for Sat night, Texas Roadhouse.

Ken Hebert

Scott Steele

XRE

Theknighttoflight

StingerJG

Nanci & Jim

Dansy & Sylvie

Alamo

NM3GNR, Vicki, Rick

Randy Ryan

Mike Taylor

AJ

Mike Patrick

GunnerBU & Dad

Carolyn & Larry H

DJPOLO

Ice Dragon

Shred

Adding :

Jerry B

Pat M

Rod C

Dstroyed and group 3

Trodrig

Carina

Kevin

Jerry

Barrett

That's 34

Can we add Don H. - he just got on squad 21 - I am not telling how it happen :ph34r:

Don H. Added !

Have ya'll got room for one more? If so, count me in.

Doug J

List for Sat night, Texas Roadhouse.

Ken Hebert

Scott Steele

XRE

Theknighttoflight

StingerJG

Nanci & Jim

Dansy & Sylvie

Alamo

NM3GNR, Vicki, Rick

Randy Ryan

Mike Taylor

AJ

Mike Patrick

GunnerBU & Dad

Carolyn & Larry H

DJPOLO

Ice Dragon

Shred

Adding :

Jerry B

Pat M

Rod C

Dstroyed and group 3

Trodrig

Carina

Kevin

Jerry

Barrett

That's 34

Can we add Don H. - he just got on squad 21 - I am not telling how it happen :ph34r:

Don H. Added !

Have ya'll got room for one more? If so, count me in.

Doug J

I have a guest with me too so that would be Alamo +1 :)

Have ya'll decided on a time yet??? Just want to make sure I get there 45 min earlier....this many BE'rs could put a hurtin on the Beer stock.....

Ummm - there is no such thing as running out of BEER in Texas unless they want to be run out of town :cheers:

Edited by KGentry