Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Grips

Jon Merricks

Jon,  Grip take WORKS! and it's cheap too.

Maybe you need to ease off on the number of rounds you fire in a practice session until your hands get accustomed to the extra traction.  

I have rough spots on my hands from my grips, but that is the trade for a non-slip grip.  Now when I shoot I stop if I get pain in my handsarms.  It's a game, and I don't need it to be painful instead of fun.

Tom

Jon,

I always 'break' grip tape, by rubbing it with a screwdriver or similar. I find it way too coarse as it comes, but after a quick rub down it suits me just fine.

I'm not keen on the stippling jobs I've seen, they are all too coarse.

P.D.

Jon, chris is right, you can stipple the grips yourself. I have seen the stuff my gunsmith does and it looks and feels good. You might want to go to a hobby shop though and get a soldering iron with a small flat screwdriver type tip

James Ong

my buddy just got a pair. I find that they make the grip wider and rounder, which I dont like. I find that just lightly sanding the diamonds on the grip then putting on some grip tape with 50/50 glue works great. It looks just like the Burner grips, and the grips stay the same size and shape.  

• 1 month later...

Like Bompa said, getting Agrip really does work.  Agrip even works better with sweaty hands.  Agrip is totally non-abrasive and feels great in your hands.  It sticks on with a pressure sensitive adhesive, but will not shift or move at all when applied, it will also peel right off without leaving any adhesive residue if you ever want to remove it.  It also lasts for years.  Agrip is #1 in customer satisfaction on Glock pistols, but is just not that well known yet for guns like Para's, STI's, 1911's, etc.  Yes, this comment is coming from the guy that invented Agrip, but it is true none the less.  One of the members here asked me to come participate, answer questions, and join the fun... so here i am.  Most questions about Agrip can be answered at the BrooksTactical.com website, but i will try to answer any questions you all might have.

Brooks

Brooks Tactical Systems