Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reverse movement is dangerous. I shot a stage where you had to move backwards, saw half a dozen people trip over thier own two feet. One guy fell backwards and landed with his gun pointed toward the crowd.

Other stages look ok...some on the unusual side. Too many weird stringy thingys. :wacko:

John, I had a hard time getting them to show. Make sure that you have the latest reader or try another browser.

I guess we see what they really look like next weekend

Just download the PDF from the web site to your disk and open it later with Acrobat Reader.

Reverse movement is dangerous? So are forward and lateral movement. As long as the stage is set up to let us shoot on the move, it'll be fine.

Uh oh. :o

Stage 2 is illegal... more than 24 rounds in standard exercise. They need to lop off one of the strings or something.

Stage 4 is illegal... more than 12 shots in a string of a standard exercise. And they've got typos in string 2.

It's good to see something different. A rule doesn't really matter if everyone has to follow it. It will be a fun change from the norm of running over here and shooting 4 targets then running over there and shooting 4 targets... If the RO's know what they are doing then there should be no problem with shooters moving backwards.

A question for more experienced match shooters. My flight out of Reno is 2:30pm Sunday, so it looks like I'm going to miss the awards ceremony and the prize table (I plan on finishing in the top 40 of B class Limited 10 ;) ). Is it kosher to ask someone to pick something off the prize table for you? If you're going solo to a match, who do you ask? Match staff? Squad mates?

I figure I could bring a SASE and just ask them to pick a certificate for 1/2 off a firing pin or a fiber optic front sight insert, or something else light and easy to ship.

Seems like this must happen a lot, just wondered how it is dealt with. Thanks.

Reverse movement is dangerous.

Um, why? Just 'cause some people don't have the sense to turn around and run (keeping the gun safely down range) doesn't mean it is unsafe to go uprange.

Ok I revise my statement. Running uprange is Ok as long as it is done safely. However, the probability of a mishap is greater.

As long as the stages are the same for everyone is the important thing to me, thats one of the biggest problems of this sport, half the time instead of some people saying how good the stages look (runnin and gunnin 36 rounds) people first response is whinning about the rules and it isnt set up right...... :angry:

USPSA seems to think the Infinity Open is an approved match; look under match calendar here. If it is then it is using the USPSA divisions, classifications and rulebook. If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck....

I don't have a dog in this fight but me thinks Flex is right.

I will be working as stats director for this match, but will not be serving as RM or MD. If you have a concern about the running of the match, Dave Uchida is the Match Director and person to deal with. I am certain, however, that the Infinity Open is being run as an approved match with payment of the relevant USPSA mission count fees.

This match will use the Palm based scoring system we used at the Area 7 Championship. Yes, we will have a paper backup of score totals and each competitor will get their own copy.