Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 Championship '08

The Area 5 Championship will be held at South Kent Sportsman Club in Dorr, MI. Match dates are June 20-22, 2008.

More information to follow.

I am taking interested applications for staff for this match.

Please email me at provancd@verizon.net

Thanks

Carl Provan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome. Area 5 within an easy driving distance! :)

Per Google Map:

Dayton to Dorr=287 mi – about 4 hours 46 mins

Dayton to Holmen=579 mi – about 9 hours 19 mins

Advantage...Dayton :)

(Not that the Casper family doesn't throw an excellent match!!)

We have been to Dorr a few years ago and they do a great job. Warning to anyone who has not been there before though, it is sandy. Bring magazine cleaning supplies such as rags, brushes, etc. They might come in handy.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

Where's the nearest major airport, say within 1-2 hour drive? I'm down to RO as well.

Rich

Detroit (2.5 hours) and Chicago (3 hours or so) are the closest "major" cities/airports and are likely the only choices for non-stop flights for most. That said you should be able to fly into Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo which are much closer but you'd likely have to connect through another city. Last time I flew to Kalamazoo from PIT I had to pass it by to catch a flight from Chicago to hop across the lake... :blink:

Edited by j2fast

Uhhh..... You guys do realize that all this talk about needing metal detectors, beach attire, mag cleaning supplies, etc ISN'T the way to get people excited right? I WAS like "Sweet, Area 5 within driving distance". It's rapidly becoming "HOLY S__T! I ain't going there!!!" I don't like my guns and mags getting damp let alone full of SAND! Just something to think about. :cheers:

Uhhh..... You guys do realize that all this talk about needing metal detectors, beach attire, mag cleaning supplies, etc ISN'T the way to get people excited right? I WAS like "Sweet, Area 5 within driving distance". It's rapidly becoming "HOLY S__T! I ain't going there!!!" I don't like my guns and mags getting damp let alone full of SAND! Just something to think about. :cheers:

It isn't that bad as I remember- it is a nice place to shoot- DON'T MISS IT!! :cheers:

Uhhh..... You guys do realize that all this talk about needing metal detectors, beach attire, mag cleaning supplies, etc ISN'T the way to get people excited right? I WAS like "Sweet, Area 5 within driving distance". It's rapidly becoming "HOLY S__T! I ain't going there!!!"

I'd shoot an Area match on the surface of the freakin' Sun if it's only 5 hours away!

The advent of sand is nothing new...especially to our friends out West.