Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being Stranded

North

On my way to the big sandbox, the plane we are to get on is broke. They put us up in the Radisson, outside Norfolk NAS.

But they kept all the checked baggage, so i've been stuck here with nothing to wear but DCU's (desert camo unifrom) or my PT uniform, neither of which blends in very well in the local area. My buddy and I went on a walk last night in our DCU's to find some beer. This is a very urban area, looks like alot of goverment assisted living apartments all around. Well about 3 blocks later we found a gas station, and walking back to the hotel with a case of beer. We did not blend very well to say the least.

The big surprise to me however was several people did thank us for our service, and one nice lady said she would pray for us as her grandson just returned from his second tour in Iraq.

Plane doesn't leave until 8pm, and busses start running back to the NAS at 5pm.

Well, we have a few beers left in the fridge, might as welll get a few down so I can sleep on the plane. :cheers:

Stay safe my friend and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOUR SACRIFICE OF BEING AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!

Yes, I did mean to shout that. I feel that it needs to be said really loud so everyone can hear it.

Wish you and all of the other service members stationed abroad a safe trip and hope you all return home soon.

Stay safe my friend and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOUR SACRIFICE OF BEING AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!

Yes, I did mean to shout that. I feel that it needs to be said really loud so everyone can hear it.

Wish you and all of the other service members stationed abroad a safe trip and hope you all return home soon.

+1,000,000,000

And our prayers go with you!!!

Jim