Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer recommendations

scribble

I am looking for recommendations on a timer. I will mainly use it for training myself and sometimes for matches.

Thanks

I have a CED 8000 and really like it...you can use the headphones and not bother anyone. I wouldn't mind having a CED 7000 for practice as they're so small to not be annoying on your belt/arm etc.

Gotta give a big thumbs up for th CED 8000. Hate to admit this on a public forum but I left mine on, open, sitting on a barrel, in the pouring down rain overnight and guess what: Dried out and still works great. Oh well so much for any warranty......

another vote for the CED 7000. I like how it stores the last 10 strings of fire. Very useful in recalling a string where you forgot to write the time down. Hope they come out with a version that holds 100 strings.

It's important to look at the company as well as the product. They don't get much better than CED - their president, Charles Hardy, is a regular supporter of matches and donates multiple chronographs to each area championship every year.

And I'm not just saying this because of the free hat I got when I saw him at the Shot Show earlier this year.

I have a ced7000 and the back light has stopped working. Otherwise it works fine. Just have to stand under a bright light and squint. So far email to two ced addresses have gone unanswered. I quess I need to start calling. Hopefully, they are as great as their reputation and will fix/replace the unit. But no evidence of that so far. I got great email response when I was trying to BUY the unit.

I also recommend the flip up belt clip. Really improves the use for dry-fire practice especially.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a ced7000 and the back light has stopped working. Otherwise it works fine. Just have to stand under a bright light and squint. So far email to two ced addresses have gone unanswered. I quess I need to start calling. Hopefully, they are as great as their reputation and will fix/replace the unit. But no evidence of that so far. I got great email response when I was trying to BUY the unit.

I also recommend the flip up belt clip. Really improves the use for dry-fire practice especially.

After not getting any response for a few weeks, CED got a message I sent through their website and then one of my emails. Not sure what the problem was, but they sent back an email to print out and include with the unit. Got the new one back after a week plus a few. So far it works great.

So, like the guy said above good service overall on warranty work. But I did have to pay shipping one way (typical). I much prefer when they send out a new unit along with a prepaid return label (like pro ears, for example). I could have been using the "dark" tactical one while waiting for the replacement. :closedeyes: I don't ding them too much, however, because it was warranty service and not within a few weeks of purchase.

So, yeah, get the timer. It's got great features, it's small, it has two settings for the beep, it's got accessories, even. :lol:

BTW, I keep it on the soft beep, even when doing live fire practice. The loud beep is LOUD.

I have found the CED7000 isn't so loud. I double plug and I find when I practice I always use my Pact club timer. Now, THAT is loud. I have no problems hearing that timer, and I like the larger buttons.

My vote is for the Pact timer.