Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championships

Congrats to you, and the other Forum members who did well! Looks like you had a pretty tight battle with Seeklander and Strader.

So...I'm puzzled and don't know much about international events, but if there are over NINE HUNDRED shooters at this event...where are all of the US shooters, specifically those sponsored super-GM's? Not an "Us vs Them" thing, but I'm thinking more along the lines of product exposure and what has to be a desire to shoot against the world's best. Where's Sevigny to shoot agains Tyc? The Army team? Max and Chris to challenge Eric?

If the European championship is pulling in close to 1000 shooters from countries who make New Jersey's gun laws look like Sadr City's, and our USPSA Nationals is getting a couple hundred, I think something is "off." <_<

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were close to 1200 shooters including the pre match.

So far, I believe it was the biggest IPSC match in the World regarding number of competitors.

This is nice that some US shooters came to the match, as well as people from Australia, South Africa, Namibia, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Philippines etc...

If the European championship is pulling in close to 1000 shooters from countries who make New Jersey's gun laws look like Sadr City's, and our USPSA Nationals is getting a couple hundred, I think something is "off." <_<

Correct. There is no reason why we could not have a 900+ Nationals, and we probably could if we merged all the Nationals into a single event rather than splitting them up as we do now. I think I mentioned this in another thread. Combining all the Nationals into a single event is cheaper than hosting 2 or 3 separate ones. You can negotiate cheaper rates at the hotels and lower the entry fee as well.

I think this should be USPSA's goal. Increase Nationals to 1000+ competitors by 2010.

They should probably announce the dates like....now...if that is going to work. That has always been USPSA's downfall - there is no planning ahead for matches.

No argument there.

I see Angus finished 3rd in Production, pretty impressive considering what he's been through lately. Adam Tyc finished 68 points ahead of the 2nd place finisher.

Eric finished 114 points ahead of his nearest rival, nearly 6% difference :surprise: .

Edited by BritinUSA

Any links to match videos??? :unsure:

I didn't see any. Usually Saul Kirsch puts together a DVD of the big matches that he attends.

Also, you may wwant to keep an eye on YouTube, some shooters may post some videos there.

Edited by BritinUSA

There was a (stupid) policy forbidding any cam shooting on the stages.

No camcorder or camera were allowed on the stages.

There will be a pack of DVD available in a month or so with four discs. 2 will be pictures of shooters, 1 will be a video of the stages, and the 4th should be about Eric shooting the match and will be called "How to shoot to win".

As soon as more infos are available, i will post the link.

BTW : Thank you Phil, and It's on a good way for me to see you again in Bali !

:D

There will be a pack of DVD available in a month or so with four discs. 2 will be pictures of shooters, 1 will be a video of the stages, and the 4th should be about Eric shooting the match and will be called "How to shoot to win".

Sounds like they wanted the only video so they could sell more....

Sounds like they wanted the only video so they could sell more....

You're not far from truth I believe !

I noticed in Saul's DVD from the last World Shoot, there was no footage of Eric. I wouldn't be surprised if the video from this match is the same way.

I think if you want to see Eric shoot, you must pay Eric.

I don't blame him, it can't be easy makin' a living from this stuff.