Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noise-cancellation headphones

I've got about 24 hours of flying time ahead of me and want to purchase some noise-cancellation headphones. Other than the Bose headphones, which are too rich for me, are there any good choices that you have experience with?

My price limit is less than 100.00 USD.

You pretty much get what you pay for. I tried 4 or 5 different brands before I finally bit down hard and bought the Bose. Woulda saved a lot of time if I'd just gone there first.

There's a reason you see so many on-a-plane-all-the-time travellers with Bose on their heads. They're that much better.

$.02

Bruce

i picked up a set of the bose headsets when they first came out. They worked awesome! But after all the travelling i do and trying to keep the luggage to the bare minimum, I use the orange colored, bell shaped ear plugs and some good prescription drugs and catch a few ZZZZZ. Though the second generation bose headset look compact enough to lug around. I don't like the third generation units. They sit on top of your ear instead of enclosing your entire ear.

I've got about 24 hours of flying time ahead of me and want to purchase some noise-cancellation headphones. Other than the Bose headphones, which are too rich for me, are there any good choices that you have experience with?

My price limit is less than 100.00 USD.

I have a pair of Panasonic ones brand new in the sealed plastic case if you are interested. I'm pretty sure that they are a model HC300.

$60

I don't like the third generation units. They sit on top of your ear instead of enclosing your entire ear.

I also disliked that aspect of the first pair I owned. That's one reason I got the new Panasonics, they enclose the ear and are more comfortable for longer trips.

Unfortunately the internet retailer sent my wife a double order and would not accept a return after 14 days so she got stuck with two pair! :angry2: