Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital camo

GentlemanJim

That unfortunetly will probably result in that person never returning to another USPSA shooting tournament. That is a shame as we should be doing everything possible to encourage not discourage all shooters.

Im still thinking about that KILT thing :surprise:

I cant think of any other thing that would disrupt your competitors concentration more than seeing you shoot prone in a kilt!

This may well be the stealth technique of the future....Hmmm :rolleyes:

Jim :D

If the shooter in question is shooting revolver I'm pretty sure I shoot with him on occasion. And during the PA State IDPA match there was a stage where you went prone. It was not a pretty picture. :lol:

Bruce

Where have you been Michael? We have pictures of Troy at Nationals wearing a kilt. :cheers:

Yeah, really. I've been having one for about 3 years now, and I've worn it at almost every national match and Area 4 I've been to since. Hell, I even jumped over a 4 foot gate with it on at last year's A4! :blush:

I have a pic of me on here in my profile with one, but I'm sitting on a 4 wheeler. I think I have some video laying around of me calibrating a popper wearing it... Too bad your standards are so high... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Mike, enjoy the sushi.

Troy

Edited by mactiger

This is obviously a bit controversial, but I look at it this way: We are (should be) promoting a sport. Dress the way you think best achieves this.

We ARE promoting a sport. Those of us who were things like kilts, Hawaiian shirts, propeller topped beanies and other oddities are showing the fun side of the sport. I'm no Rob Leatham so I might as well have fun. Remember we are supposed to be having fun.

I suppose I am guilty then of looking paramilitary. I am retired Army, and my hiking hat, fishing hat, and shooting hat are one and the same:my desert boonie. Keeps the sun off of my neck and out of my eyes. Absorbs all the sweat and salt before I get blinded as well. Essential gear for me, and I might get a tad upset at an MD telling me it was expressly forbidden. I think that I earned it, and it is a great functioning piece of equipment.

Find me a nice 3 color desert kilt, and I'll wear it with my desert combat boots and matching hat. I am sure to win the match that day, as everyone would be on the ground rolling. Bring it!

We had an acronym for this discussion as well, it was DILLIGAF, pronounced "dilly-gaff". :rolleyes:

Is urban camo clothing(colors being pink, purple, blue, red with grey and white ) really blending in with any enviroment you live in. If so then I must make sure I stay off whatever medications you might be on. I have yet to see people wear this stuff as anything other than some kind of fashion statement. <_< If you want toshoot a match in urban camo, I dont see it as a problem and you deffinitely dont count as paramilitary.

Jim,

I hope I didn't drift your thread into the wall, but after spending a bit of time digging through the green book, there is no problem with it at all. I guess that's why I keep my green book in my range bag :)

Edited because I had a dyslexic spelling moment.

Edited by Lighteye67

Jim,

I hope I didn't drift your thread into the wall, but after spending a bit of time digging through the green book, there is no problem with it at all. I guess that's why I keep my green book in my range bag :)

Edited because I had a dyslexic spelling moment.

No problem at all! :D

I am a play by the rules type of guy..and I dont want to push on the rules ether.

There is still some time to find other stuff that will work....but my rifle case is digital camo...and Im KEEPIN IT :rolleyes:

I will also bring VERY dark sunglasses in case the competition uses the old Blind them with your Kilt thing :surprise:

Thanks for the info guys :)

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Ex (or current) military is not an excuse. We're not authorized to be in ACU's off base except for short stops, so why where the crap when you don't have to (i.e. off base, at a match, etc.). I for one, am a strong supporter (and enforcer) of the no camo rule. I just think it's not professional and definitely doesn't work with the intent of our sport.

That said, bring on the kilts, beannies and other goofiness. Heck, my shooting buddy has flippers for feet and routinely wears sandals 'cause he can't find cleats to fit.

As for rifle cases, I suppose it's not a big deal, but you can always find a $7 one at a gun show. Lighteye, I feel you on the boonie (even though I never wear mine) but it is the MD's call and in this case I do agree.

Rich

82nd ABN DIV

(currently in support of OEF VII-VIII)