Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jimmy Justice Video Vigilante

Carlos

Here is the LINK

or try:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20311210/?GT1=10252

What I really hate is the increasing number of LEOs that have an arrogant, "laws don't apply to me" attitude. Jimmy is only confronting traffic enforcement officers.

What we really need is 10,000 more Jimmies in every city taking video of every cop out there & the law-breaking stunts I so often see them pull. Ever see them switch on the lights just long enough to cruise through a red light instead of waiting? (I am just SURE that they are ALL on a call - yeah right!). Wish I could do that - but they just installed redlight cameras (that don't seem to apply to cops).

And speeding along without their lights on the highway? Why is it safe for a cop to go 80 tp 90 mph on the interstate but if I do it, its automatic reckless driving and I get hit with the new $5,000 fine plus points & trip to court? (A: its not unsafe nor reckless - I have done 2X that speed on the Autobahn but I did not magicaly fly off the road & die - but that's a different thread).

In general, I think we have too many stupid laws in this country & too many cameras pointed at civilians. But as long as we have the cameras, the FIRST place they need to be pointed is at government. I have privacy rights, the police DO NOT and as long as they have nothing to hide, then what could they possibly be afraid of?

I can't write what I want to.

I like the police. Used to be one. My dad was as well as my brother.

Some police officers take advantage of the badge and uniform to drive as they please.

It's wrong.

It hasn't always been that way.

FWIW

dj

I have mixed emotions about this.

Me too...I've had to pay a $200 ticket due to one of the camera systems...goosed it to get through a red light and was going like 11mph over...you could see the light was yellow in the pic. I even remember exactly when it happened. It sucked, but what's fair is fair.

I do know that there are times when I've had to break traffic laws without lights and sirens activated for a variety of reasons. Sometimes marked units have to hurry to get somewhere that isn't a definite emergency, but could be....like a 911 hangup call. I can see flipping on the lights, going through a red light and then turning off the lights for something like that.

With that said, I've gotten really annoyed at city cops here on the highway. They live 45mi away from the city and drive their cruisers home at night. They'll get in the left lane, totally out of their jurisdiction and go right at the speed limit to keep anyone from passing them. Out there they're in the same boat as any civilian, but their cars look different. Really annoys me!

FWIW

I do think it is terrible when some officers casually disregard laws, but this guy is a total jacka@#. Documenting the 'violations' and bringing them to the attention of the brass is one thing. Acting like an idiot in the face of a traffic cop is something else. Police do need to be policed but this is definitly NOT the guy who should be doing it! And this is not the way it should be done.

Just me $.025

What I really hate is the increasing number of LEOs that have an arrogant, "laws don't apply to me" attitude. Jimmy is only confronting traffic enforcement officers.

What we really need is 10,000 more Jimmies in every city taking video of every cop out there & the law-breaking stunts I so often see them pull. Ever see them switch on the lights just long enough to cruise through a red light instead of waiting? (I am just SURE that they are ALL on a call - yeah right!). Wish I could do that - but they just installed redlight cameras (that don't seem to apply to cops).

And speeding along without their lights on the highway? Why is it safe for a cop to go 80 tp 90 mph on the interstate but if I do it, its automatic reckless driving and I get hit with the new $5,000 fine plus points & trip to court? (A: its not unsafe nor reckless - I have done 2X that speed on the Autobahn but I did not magicaly fly off the road & die - but that's a different thread).

In general, I think we have too many stupid laws in this country & too many cameras pointed at civilians. But as long as we have the cameras, the FIRST place they need to be pointed is at government. I have privacy rights, the police DO NOT and as long as they have nothing to hide, then what could they possibly be afraid of?

What an Ass-Hat.......Did you ever stop and think maybe that officer is going to help your wife or your family or one of your friends ???? Just because their bluelights/siren are not on doesn't mean they are not responding to a very important call. Most department policies are very strict on when an officer can actually run with his emergency lights on....

You want to sit here and gripe about how those officers drive out there, and then you complain about how long it takes them to get there when YOU need one. If you had someone suspicious looking in your windows, would you want that officer to sit in line at the redlight and wait on traffic ?????

If the truth be told, you probably had a recent speeding ticket and want to take it out on someone else......just my guess.

Find something else to rant about.....

(If it sounds like I am taking this personally, I am......because I hear this gripe all the time and I haven't had enough coffee yet !!!!)

I can see what Johnny Justice is getting at - he's over the top, but, hey, its NYC, what do you expect? I agree with J-Ho, though - getting up in their face in the fashion he does it is just silly, but that's my typical experience with the denizens of NYC (which will undoubtedly piss someone on this forum off, but... oh well... my opinion, and my experience of visiting your... fine... city...).

As far as Carlos' post... while I tend to agree that we already have too many cameras pointed at citizens, and Big Mother is growing ever bigger.... dude, get a life ;) If you have a point to make, how about making it in a calm, rational fashion. And, how about taking into account that you can't possibly know everything that's going on when you see a cop roll through an intersection, etc. Just because they're "public servants" doesn't mean they have to wipe your butt, man...

STInky, take a pill, buddy :) Calling names gets you nowhere... ;)

Try that in MA and get a felony conviction for recording voice without permission - happened when the subject of a traffic stop recorded it, filed a complaint against the officer, and was prosecuted and convicted.

Shouldn't be a problem if you're going to publish the video on an established website --- as news....

Try that in MA and get a felony conviction for recording voice without permission - happened when the subject of a traffic stop recorded it, filed a complaint against the officer, and was prosecuted and convicted.

Crazy! Hard to imagine why so many people live in a state where such things are law.