Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting my B card

newshooter

Well today i saw that i moved up to B class i was happily surprised. I went to Area 4 as a C shooter got 2nd place in c class and shot the match with a 62%. so the match was entered in last month and i was still a ranked at a C shooter. now this month comes along and no other classifiers were entered and it showed that i moved to B class and my % is at 57. I was wondering how it works. 60% is a b shooter and im at 57% and classified as B. i have no problem with that it will just make me work harder to move up to A class! more dry fire and more practice!! :D

Edited by newshooter

Very Interesting. Welcome to B class, Now i got to start dryfiring more (i can't keep up). I have never seen this happen. I called up and had them take me off the program where they don't accept certain classfiers that are higher than your classification (whatever the rule is) and so i have all my classifiers count towards my classification percentage.

Good Luck in B and hopefully We meet up at a match.

page 21 of the 2004 rule book.

Your performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to

help establish classification. Placement in a major event with a score above your

assigned class percentage may result in your being promoted to a higher class,

even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area

Championship or Major Tournament AND shooting into the next higher class will

result in promotion (except to Grand Master); winning High Overall in an Area

Championship will promote you to Grand Master class.

Congratulations Newshooter on your B class upgrade.

I am with you, as I am ranked A limited with a 70% overall classification. As you see in the post from North, placing high enough at matches with enough GM shooters can move you up.

I hope we will see you in A class soon.

Good Luck !

Same thing happened to me.

1st or 2nd place in C class at an area match (along with a B class score) moves you up automatically.

At the time I was around 58 percent.

My classification percentage caught up with my new B class status about 3 or 4 months later.

I welcomed the promotion but the timing could have been better.

I went from being a very competative C shooter to a middle of the pack B shooter about a week before Nationals.

Oh well.... those are the breaks.

I probably wouldn't have been so happy to get that B card if I'd know how long I would have to keep it. :rolleyes:

Tls

Edited by 38superman

And I thought that I was the bottom "B" shooter with a 60.44%

I get the distinction of being the low man on the B totem pole in Limited 10 ....... 60.05 %

Once again, promoted as I'm packing to go to Nats :blink:

Hope you get promoted again... :cheers:

You are...go practice and leave the rifles at home. Better yet, shoot more than one match a quarter. :P

You're just jealous that while you'll be doing match setup - I'll be drinking beer in Munich, while overlooking the topless park. :surprise:

You are...go practice and leave the rifles at home. Better yet, shoot more than one match a quarter. :P

You're just jealous that while you'll be doing match setup - I'll be drinking beer in Munich, while overlooking the topless park. :surprise:

Very.

Off with the mother in law to the rifle range....

I'm available to carry your bags or fetch you your beer! I also have two good sets of binoculars :cheers::lol:

I get the distinction of being the low man on the B totem pole in Limited 10 ....... 60.05 %

Thanks for the sentiment.

B class is like the

Bermuda triangle

It swallows up shooters and they are never heard from again.

Extensive searches don't even turn up the wreckage. :ph34r:

Edited by 38superman

Thanks for the sentiment.

B class is like the

Bermuda triangle

It swallows up shooters and they are never heard from again.

Extensive searches don't even turn up the wreckage. :ph34r:

They wash up on shore at 75% :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Is it true that you can only classify one less class than your highest? I.E. if you are an A in production, the lowest you can be is B in everything else?

That is correct, grasshopper :rolleyes:

Forgot singlestack, where as of now it's the same as your highest classification.

Congrats on your B! :)

I was bumped to B with 61.9... funny thing was this is a class I shot over two months ago... the club finally uploaded. We have a four classifier in Jan. Now, do I go for A or sit back and bag at B till next summer. :P There are already enough baggers in A anyway. :D I mean you need some B bag time before you move up with he A baggers right? :P

Edited by JThompson

Congrats on your B! :)

I was bumped to B with 61.9... funny thing was this is a class I shot over two months ago... the club finally uploaded. We have a four classifier in Jan. Now, do I go for A or sit back and bag at B till next summer. :P There are already enough baggers in A anyway. :D I mean you need some B bag time before you move up with he A baggers right? :P

Still after those shock-buffs and gun butter, ain't ya?