Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Snafoo

want2race

SNAFOO sometimes creeps into matches and shows his head at the most inopportune time. Two weeks ago, he showed up at the classifier and put MY finger between the magwell and magazine base during the reload. On the classifier of course. Went to shoot, mag fell out since my finger was in the way of it fully seating.

Trollreload.jpg

Last sunday he showed up in my chamber. He prevented the rounds from fully entering the chamber. And yes, happened during the classifier. I don't have that picture since he was hiding inside the barrel.

I'm not a sandbagger, I have a SNAFOO problem.

No I didn't. This SNAFOO is a noun. Not to be confused with SNAFU, which is an adjective I believe. Or at least a description.

Its a real freakin word!?!?! I thought it was just an abreviation of several words....I know I know shut up and shoot.

It is urban street slang, and since it is not in Websters Unabridged...NOT a word :rolleyes:

And Siggy, since you haven't been in the military, you are forgiven...SNAFU means Situation Normal All F**ked Up..... :closedeyes:

Edited by tightloop

This particular SNAFOO, which is HIS name (see above pic), used to live in my ruck. He would pop his head out every once in a while just to make sure I was paying attention.

For example: Straddling (because WA state has HUGE trees that like to fall down) over a tree, too long to go around. Of course it's wet, so my pants are wet all the way from ankle, to crotch, to other ankle. Start to slide over to other side, lead foot out to catch weight. Other foot still on starting side, now dangling off ground. Lead foot prepared to hit ground. Shift more weight to slide over tree till foot touches ground. Not ground. Merely vegetation covering rather large hole made by tree falling down. Body weight now accelerating towards earth. Ruck sack increases mass, thus velocity. SNAFOO, riding shotgun inside ruck, is heard laughing as I pass through vegetation and continue extra 4 feet to bottom of hole. Head first. Ruck sack makes sure head is SECURELY planted on bottom of the hole.

One more: Walking on a narrow path up a very large and steep mountain trail, with a not-so-narrow machine gun, SNAFOO liked to grab branches just enough that I thought I could push through it. Nope. Got off balance, fell backward, head down hill, feet up hill, stuck on my back like a turtle. Trail too narrow to turn over. Again with the laughing.

Fortunately, he never rode shotgun during jumps.

SNAFOO gets bored (goes away) if I practice or shoot while NOT at a match. He'll only hide in my gun if I fail to clean it (or thoroughly inspect a new-to-me gun).

Unlike the Great Gazoo, there is no reasoning with him. Only training, hard work and a bit of humor will keep this little bast@rd away.

...and yes, if you reload your little finger into the mag well you might have sections of the rule book recited to you...

Edited by want2race

SNAFOO sometimes creeps into matches and shows his head at the most inopportune time. Two weeks ago, he showed up at the classifier and put MY finger between the magwell and magazine base during the reload.

I broke my finger doing that at the Double Tap Championship this spring. My left ring finger got slammed between the basepad and the magwell and broke the bone under the fingernail. It hurt for weeks. I was about halfway through the match when I did it too so the rest of the match hurt pretty bad as well.

Ah, thank you for mentioning the Rat Fink style of cartooning!! I just spent this whole time trying to remember the name of it!! The Big Daddy Roth creation... my God, there were even these little plastic models of Rat Fink in his (or her, I can't tell) hot-rod car years ago. I had one. :rolleyes:

It is urban street slang, and since it is not in Websters Unabridged...NOT a word :rolleyes:

And Siggy, since you haven't been in the military, you are forgiven...SNAFU means Situation Normal All F**ked Up..... :closedeyes:

While we are on the subject it seems to me there were three of these. SNAFU, FUBAR and I can't remember the third. Any idea?

Ah, thank you for mentioning the Rat Fink style of cartooning!! I just spent this whole time trying to remember the name of it!! The Big Daddy Roth creation... my God, there were even these little plastic models of Rat Fink in his (or her, I can't tell) hot-rod car years ago. I had one. :rolleyes:

Ed "Big Daddy" Roth

Original Rat Fink creator

Aiki

Those are the two most used and the two most useful...there were lots of other acronyms in the service but these two stand out for me.

Edited by tightloop

Yep, Big Daddy started it all. There have been many "similar" styles, but all based on Rat Fink.

Here's another one that I'm still working on. This will be on a shirt, or in Ink, eventually. Or something like it.

post-8536-1186604488.jpg

While we are on the subject it seems to me there were three of these. SNAFU, FUBAR and I can't remember the third. Any idea?

It believe it's TARFU...Things Are Really F****d Up.

Ray

I miss Big Daddy Roth <_< Ed was a very nice guy, and he LIKED guns...I have many signed Prints of his.

We used to visit at car shows years ago.

I hope you get a big bottle of snafoo remover....and go to town :surprise:

Its funny how that critter seems to show up so often at classifiers <_<

Jim

I miss Big Daddy Roth <_< Ed was a very nice guy, and he LIKED guns...I have many signed Prints of his.

We used to visit at car shows years ago.

I hope you get a big bottle of snafoo remover....and go to town :surprise:

Its funny how that critter seems to show up so often at classifiers <_<

Jim

eh, until he gets his A card this weekend we can still call him a bagger :-)