Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I saw it in theaters and bought the DVD the first day it came out. Very unlike me, but I like the story, the message and how it was done.

But I noticed something odd happen both times I've viewed it so far, whether big screen or DVD.

I got the urge to do some sit ups, kick sombody's ass and gut a liberal to see his Persian coins spill all over the floor.

This happen to anyone else?

Hmm, maybe it's just me. It often is :unsure:

I know the history...and its quite a story...but have not seen the movie.

If it indeed has the effect as DP40 says ....I may not watch it......caus I get that same feeling when I watch the news...the movie may put me over the edge :unsure:

Jim

Yeah. In our boredom here in Afghanistan, we did the 300 workout in Men's Health. Man...was that a bad idea (the first time). Talk about a kick in the ass. Thank goodness we're all medics as we did properly hydrate before and ended givin' each other IV's to get back to a decent level of coherence.

Rich

I saw it in theaters and bought the DVD the first day it came out. Very unlike me, but I like the story, the message and how it was done.

But I noticed something odd happen both times I've viewed it so far, whether big screen or DVD.

I got the urge to do some sit ups, kick sombody's ass and gut a liberal to see his Persian coins spill all over the floor.

This happen to anyone else?

Hmm, maybe it's just me. It often is :unsure:

DP

It is amazing how emotionally invested we can get in a good movie.

I remember watching "Pearl Harbor" at the theater.

About 5 minutes into the attack scene I was about to tear the arm rest off the seat I was in.

My pulse was racing and I wanted a weapon in my hand so bad I could taste it.

I wanted to get in the fight.

Dont gut anybody.

Maybe its time to sit down and watch a good comedy.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

In my "former life", I did 400-500-400 sit-ups a day alternating each day, so.....

Even tho I work out about 3 hours a day now, I DON'T do sit-ups!!!

I think I did a lifetime of sit-ups already!!!

Dont gut anybody.

Tony

I keep Ricky Bobby, Tommy Boy, Wedding Crashers, Space Balls, 40yo Virgin and 200 others on tap to keep me.... centered.

Comedies are my daily perscription. Being known for having a "man crush" and with a tag line like "High Lady" how else can I cope?

Dont gut anybody.

Tony

I keep Ricky Bobby, Tommy Boy, Wedding Crashers, Space Balls, 40yo Virgin and 200 others on tap to keep me.... centered.

Dude

YOu can't even SEE the center from where you sit!!!! Who are you trying to fool?

Dont gut anybody.

Tony

Comedies are my daily perscription. Being known for having a "man crush" and with a tag line like "High Lady" how else can I cope?

How else can you cope?

Add Hunter S Thompson to your list of teachings to live by. B)

Edited by 38superman

Dont gut anybody.

Tony

How else can you cope?

To each his own, but while some proclaim HST was a visionary, I wonder how he could see anything at all through that fog of self induced drugs roaring through his body all the time... <_<

Dont gut anybody.

Tony

How else can you cope?

To each his own, but while some proclaim HST was a visionary, I wonder how he could see anything at all through that fog of self induced drugs roaring through his body all the time... <_<

+1

Edited by murkish

True.

But there are times when a little insanity is good therapy. :lol::lol::closedeyes:

Been to bike week in Daytona 3 times.

With the folks I traveled with it was total debauchery.

What happens in Daytona, stays in Daytona

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was like bike week on steriods (among other things).

I wouldn't advocate the life style but I thought the book was the funniest thing I've ever read.

No possible way to translate it to a movie, even for Depp.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

True.

But there are times when a little insanity is good therapy. :lol::lol::closedeyes:

Been to bike week in Daytona 3 times.

With the folks I traveled with it was total debauchery.

What happens in Daytona, stays in Daytona

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was like bike week on steriods (among other things).

I wouldn't advocate the life style but I thought the book was the funniest thing I've ever read.

No possible way to translate it to a movie, even for Depp.

Tls

I am sure MOST of the Hollyweird crowd could play a drug taking, loudmouthed writer who just wanted to inflame the audience instead of inform them...

Okay TL, you don't like the guy...... I get it.

I just never took him that seriously.

I thought he was good for a laugh.

Sorry man, didn't mean to strike a nerve. :unsure:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. "300"

T

Edited by 38superman