Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Accessories

TRG65

SSGF resurected another thread. He's conducted CPR on about a dozen threads now. Check the dates on the original posts. I think they pre-date tru-grip.

:rolleyes: There is a reason why some threads sink to the bottom and others stay current...

Post resurrection, the choice is certainly TruGrip.

If you go and click on the link you will see a message that says "Products Not Available At This Time. Sorry."

True Grip is certainly the best stuff I have used, but like Kyle said Decal Grip is ok for certain applications. I have used the skate-tape version for "house guns", and the rubber version for "carry guns" (FYI skate-tape can eventually wear a hole in the inside of your jacket when carrying outside the waistband). I first started covering my competition guns with traditional skate-tape. I just went to a local skate shop and asked them for a 12 x 12 sheet of plain black skate tape (they have colored versions too). I think it was $5.00 and I still have some left after 5 years, but it requires lots of patience to cut the shape to fit the gun.

I dont have much patience so I bought 9 or 10 sets of the Tru-Grip and was a happy little camper! :rolleyes:

Tru-Grip is the STUFF. And, I feel so special because I know Eric PERSONALLY! Well, not TOO personally. A great guy, albeit a shit magnet on occassion!

I've aimed several shooters in my area to Eric. Everyone who tries my guns with TruGrip is impressed, so I think I should be getting royalties for orders from Lewiston! Ha!

A couple days ago one guy told me that Eric called him to say his order would be delayed for a couple weeks because he's been getting so many orders and is running 3 - 4 weeks behind. This guy was very impressed that Eric called him to keep him informed. That's service!

The only thing Eric could do to improve would be to stay the heck off the computer and get to work on his back orders!

stippling. Ill never go back to grip tape.

Bringing it back from the dead, huh?

wasnt me; I shoulda seen the date of the previous post; sorry.

That's okay, wasn't directed toward you. I think someone was trying to make their minimum post count for the classifieds section or something.

That's okay, wasn't directed toward you. I think someone was trying to make their minimum post count for the classifieds section or something.

cool; that bugs me too. :cheers:

cool; that bugs me too. :cheers:

At least, he has discovered how to search the forum. :cheers:

I'm currently using a Hogue grip sleeve with the palm swells on my 34. This has worked very well for me for the last three years. But lately I've shot a couple Glocks that don't have any covering. These slip around excessively in my hand but the smaller grip might feel a little better, the jury is still out. I go through periods of getting fed up with readjusting the Grip sleeve back into the proper position.

I'm interested in what other people use and what else you might have tried.

Thanks

Seth

If you really like the Hogue grips than give this a try, it worked well for me. Use skateboard tape on the grip then slip your Hogue over the taped grip, it really stays put.

Tread tape here.

Sits really nice in the hand, Doesn't tear hand.

Although through a whole match, the skin in the palm has become thinner, but hey, no more than the scrub-shower-creme thingy girls use on their bodies...

After a full season, just remove with without heat, alcohol or anything. Just peeling of in one piece.

And slab on some new tape.

It doesn't move around.

Been tested in rain, mud and sand.

Cheap, very cheap.

Cut it in any fashion you want, IF you feel the need, i. e.

:)

I need some Tru-Grip, does anyone know how I can get some relatively quickly? (i.e. sometime before next weekend)

Just get some skateboard grip tape and with a little cut here and a little cut there ,you can make your own grips and it's a lot cheaper. One roll of skate tape will last for years.