Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I need a new shotgun

Chris

I have been using a Gold Hunter setup for 3Gun for about 4 years. Once I had it worked over by Jerry Harp at Rockin H Tactical I haven't had any problems with it. It is very soft shooting and I love only having to feed the shells into the loading port regardless of whether it is empty or not.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Sargenv,

Like you I figured nothing broke on SX / Golds, until my mates firing pin did as predicted here after about 10K rounds, also two of my other mates Gold pistons springs broke after 3K and 15K respectively

Mike

My Benny Benelli should be here any day....

This is worse than freaking Christmas. At least I KNOW what day Christmas falls on.

10 days ago they said "about a week"....

Can't sleep. Lost my appetite (which if you know me is SOMETHING!). Afraid my hair will start falling out next.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

My Benny Benelli should be here any day....

This is worse than freaking Christmas. At least I KNOW what day Christmas falls on.

10 days ago they said "about a week"....

Can't sleep. Lost my appetite (which if you know me is SOMETHING!). Afraid my hair will start falling out next.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Same here, plus he ALREADY charged my credit card! :o

Just talked to Merlin and mine is headed out the door today so the happy day should be tomorrow (good Lord willing and UPS does it's part).

So your's moved up the list a bit Chris!

Oh happy days! :D:D:D

Well, I hope it runs as advertised.. though you could give Chris a Mossberg 500 and he would nearly beat everybody regardless of open/limited/semi etc ;)

Exactly my thoughts.

Chris, I'll be at Richmond this Saturday with my M2 if you want a little teaser ;)

Well, the big brown truck arrived at my FFL today, as I was having lunch at Wendy's across the parking lot no less! About choked on the last bite of burger racing out the door to liberate my new Benny-ized Benelli. A case of assorted ammo was already in the truck so off to the range we went.

In a word....Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

ttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well worth the wait, that is for sure.

Thanks Benny!!!! :D

Oh good grief! How can people get so excited over a friggin' shotgun? It has a big hole and throws out a gob of little pellets. They all do it. If you look at the pieces of a clay target laying on the ground, can you tell if it was shot with a Mossberg or a Perazzi? I was reading the clays forum last night, and that's scary! People actually spend more for a shotgun than I'm spending for my new 22' jetboat, and I'm taking out a mortgage for that!

Don't flame me Kimel! (If that's your real name!) Ha, ha, ha!

I'm expecting to try that flashy new lead slinger on Sunday. I'll bring a Remy to compare. Should be interesting, but, weather report is for 100 degrees! I want to get the shooting over with early and get home to air conditioning and a toddy on ice. My wife will be spending the weekend reading the new Harry Potter book, so it should be easy to sneak out and in!

Kimel, did it come with a rear sight? If so, what and how was it installed? Thanks.

No, it did not. I didn't order one. I am sure Benny would have put one on there had I asked. But I almost never see slug targets beyond 50 yards and was able to keep slugs on a full IPSC target out to 100 without a rear sight with my 1100 so I suspect I'll be able to do the same with this one.

Maybe, but I was recently convinced to add a rear sight, and I'm glad I did. Last weekend at the NW Multigun there was a resetting plate (I think about 12") at 50 - 60 yards. It took me two shots to hit it. The first went over it cause I didn't get my head down and get the front sight into the rear notch. Once I did that hitting was easy. No rear sight may have made the hit problematic. But I could be wrong.

My problem has been finding a rear sight that's adjustable, low profile, and durable. So far TruGlo seems to be the best I've tried. HiViz wasn't so hot, especially in the durability department.

Saiga (Not a chance)

So if you own one of the above, lets hear your opinions, suggestions, horror stories, whatever, and help me decide on how to spend my money.

If your motto is so easy a cave man can do it maybe you should not dismiss the Saiga so fast, but that is up to you I was in a gun club match yesterday tactical shotgun my son and i took first and second over all with our Saiga Shotguns. Buy what you want shoot what you want hope to see you at 3 gun match. BTW there was a guy there who was trying to make up his mind about what gun to get after he saw my son burn threw one of the stages I think he figured it out.

forum.saiga-12.com

Saiga (Not a chance)

So if you own one of the above, lets hear your opinions, suggestions, horror stories, whatever, and help me decide on how to spend my money.

If your motto is so easy a cave man can do it maybe you should not dismiss the Saiga so fast, but that is up to you I was in a gun club match yesterday tactical shotgun my son and i took first and second over all with our Saiga Shotguns. Buy what you want shoot what you want hope to see you at 3 gun match. BTW there was a guy there who was trying to make up his mind about what gun to get after he saw my son burn threw one of the stages I think he figured it out.

forum.saiga-12.com

I was not aware that you could shoot a Saiga in Tac Class.... :blink:

Well, kimel, I'm pretty impressed by your Benny Hillenelli. Especially suprised by how light it is. Must be at least a pound lighter than my 1100! Very lively feeling in the hands. That can be a two edged sword. More recoil, faster target transitions, possibly not quite as smooth swinging as heavier guns. But, I think you have a keeper there. Don't think I'll be selling my Remies to get one, though. Hard to justify, in my feeble mind, paying more for a shell chucker than I did for my Weatherby o/u.

Hope it works good for you!