Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 7 - Vermont in July

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shooting on squad 24 on Saturday. The squadding page shows our squad as full but the sqadding page isn't closed so people may move around and open a spot, if anyone is looking to shoot on Saturday. In my squad there's Supermoto, 9x21, and PMD from the forum.

The stages put up by GMPS are always fantastic.

Steve

Edited by GTOSHootr

My buddy Jeff "TITO" Degracia is shooting with the S&W team, I think on Thursday.

I"m actually looking towards a spot on Sunday so I don't need any days off work to shoot it.

It's been 20 YEARS since I left school in VT, can't WAIT to get back for a visit!!!

This is one of the few matches that also qualifies as a Vacation. I try to schedule a week in VT with the family, one day for the match and the rest for family time.

Good restaurants and decent sightseeing.

BTW, I will be shooting on Friday (Squad 13). I have to be home for our regular Club match at Old Bridge on Sunday.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

My buddy Jeff "TITO" Degracia is shooting with the S&W team, I think on Thursday.

I"m actually looking towards a spot on Sunday so I don't need any days off work to shoot it.

It's been 20 YEARS since I left school in VT, can't WAIT to get back for a visit!!!

What school? My wife and I went to UVM, and my wife later got her masters at Middlebury. She grew up in Barre, VT.

What school? My wife and I went to UVM, and my wife later got her masters at Middlebury. She grew up in Barre, VT.

Little itty bitty boarding school called "Vermont Academy" in Saxton's River. Dad went there back in the 50's. You from Vermont? You may know painter Frederic Stanley, he's Vt's (EARLIER AND BETTER!!!!) Norman Rockwell. Yup, that's my Grandad. :blush:

I need to brush up on my Vt. Vocab. things like, "grinder" & "frappe" :lol:

see you there.

Grinder, an electric powered device to remove steel, fiberglass old paint and the occasional stray body part.

Sub, a long sandwich with various types of meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatos, onions, peppers and either dressing, Oil& Vinegar or Mayo.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

Ok, panic time, work crisis beyond anyone's control; can't shoot Sunday, who do I beg via email for a Saturday slot?

pm me or email me PLEASE!!! I wanna shoot!!! <_<

There's an opening on squad 25 on Saturday. Did you get a pin number with your confirmation?

no confirmation yet, email sent to MD.

REALLY hoping I can get in, my Dad was going to come with, and neither of us have been back to Vt. in 20 years.

Besides it was supposed to be my big match "wake up" on the way to LIM NATS.

<EDITED TO ADD>

heard from MD, he's working with me. I'll be there. :cheers:

Edited by dirtypool40

I am looking forward to next Friday. The AWARE is one of the few matches that is in a family destination and not during school time. The associated additional costs are definately offset by my daughter's smile as she rides the Alpine Slide for the 5th or 6th time in a day.

The Green Mountain Shooters do a really great job on builing the match props, always colorful and challenging. Must be something to do with really long winters.

Jim

Ok, panic time, work crisis beyond anyone's control; can't shoot Sunday, who do I beg via email for a Saturday slot?

pm me or email me PLEASE!!! I wanna shoot!!! <_<

There is one slot currently open on Saturday - if you act quickly you may be able to move yourself to that one.

Contact "tom@dings.org" up until Thursday July 12 for any registration/squadding that does not involve an exception to the standard match policies.

If you want anything outside of standard policies, or have any issue after July 12, you need to contact the match director Scott Chapman directly at "scot1911@aim.com".

Can someone confirm that my round count is correct, is it 207rds?

Just checking as I am having an ammo issue. (order is 1 month late <_< )

207 rounds sounds about right.

Looking forward to seeing everybody up here in the Green Mountains-- both the newcomers and the stalwart regulars! We've got another fun match planned, with the usual artistic flair, and this year should see one of the strongest fields of competitors yet. BEers, don't hesitate to introduce yourselves... I'll be ROing Friday-Sunday, probably on "Alligators in the Sewers" (for which I have a 20-odd foot alligator building its appetite in my basement...).