Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Contingency Programm?

Jack Suber

Has anyone heard anything about an S&W contingency program similar to STI's. Someone told me this weekend S&W is setting one up but I have not seen anything about it. I have been to their website and could not find anything. It would be cool if they did it.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone heard anything about an S&W contingency program similar to STI's. Someone told me this weekend S&W is setting one up but I have not seen anything about it. I have been to their website and could not find anything. It would be cool if they did it.

I wonder if it would be good for SS and PRD.

It would be silly for S&W to do the contingency thing for Revo. Does any other Manufacturer make a competitive round thing?

Now Production, and SS are a different deal.

From a marketing standpoint it might not be too silly. Taurus and Ruger sell quit a few revos. Most of these owners do not compete, but these folks most likely read the gun magazines. Seeing adds of S&W dominating the shooting sports could change these non-competitive gun owners minds about their purchases.

Just a thought.

I think any contingency program is a superb idea.

The majority of shooters are not sponsored, thus they are buying their own equipment. When they choose a certain manufacturer and support them by purchasing and promoting their product, a chance at recognition and reward from the manufacturer would be great.

Edited by ninemmbill

If they had one I'd really consider buying an M&P and getting to a bigger match now and then to shoot Production as I already like the way the guns feel.

Glockster,

A contingency program offers cash or equipment if you do well at selected events (usually state championship matches and higher) and you've registered with the company in advance, use their gun and often wear a shirt with their logo on it.

Edited by G-ManBart