Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A COMPLETE MORON

nmipsc

Someday the aforementioned a**hat WILL meet someone with less wisdom that the members of this forum and his clock will get cleaned whether it needs it or not. Though, from the sound of it, his clock is currently pretty scuzzy. <_<

All too often doing the right/smart thing leaves us with a hollow dissatisfied feeling. I agree with others that this has to be one miserable chap.

Your scenario reminds me of my own delimma involving my initial decision to carry. Long before there was a concealed carry law in NC many of us carried with a weapon openly displayed. Not the best means of carry but under the right circumstances far better than the alternative. The stiuation you described played out in my head many times when I debated the wisdom of carrying a handgun. My greatest fear was that I would pull my weapon in a moment of anger or frustration and cause a situation to escalate needlessly. All too often an undisciplined shooter is heard saying, "I didn't mean to shoot him, I only wanted to scare him". The operative word here is disciplined. Basic gun safety prevents me from pointing a gun at something/someone I am not willing to destroy.

Short term satisfaction is not a requirement when being disciplined and doing the right thing.

My God, when did I become my father?

VERY well said Slowhand, It was not worth it, not to move my truck and escalate the situation. I think I know what his problem was... IT WAS THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY IN LA.... It was just OPPRESIVE on friday Afternoon at the range. I decide Iam not going back to Area 4 if it is in LA at the Clark range next year. TO hot... TO Humid... Berms way TO Low.

Sounds like you definitely made the right decision with regard to the jerk.

I decide Iam not going back to Area 4 if it is in LA at the Clark range next year. TO hot... TO Humid... Berms way TO Low.

Regarding the most miserable (hot & humid) Area 4 shooting experience ... By far, there were a couple of years in Texarkana that were way worse than I've ever experienced at our range. Unfortunately, I can't think of anywhere within Area 4 during the summer months that will be at all pleasant.

I wonder what he would have done if you had been wearing your pistol in a thigh rig for all to see, ??? i bet he woundnt have been such a tard then, Failing that tazer him. Or even better...... Make a large cash donation to you local PD "policemans Ball" Fund, and see if they can make you an honery officer or something. (i know a guy on the circit who has done that.) Then you could flash you badge at that turd. That would definaly shut him up.

Or maybe you could just walk away.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anywhere within Area 4 during the summer months that will be at all pleasant.

DING DING DING! You hit the nail on the head, Renee...... DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS. Why we don't have Area 4 in the Spring or Fall is beyond me. :blink:

The whole thing about juniors not being able to shoot A4 in the spring or summer is kinda of a weak argument, what with squads that shoot all day Sat.... or maybe changing the format back to Sat/Sun (am I the only one who thought awards only on Sunday, with no shooting, was a waste of a day? )

Also, sorry about your hotel parking issues, nmipsc - it really sucks when someone pick a fight with you, TOTALLY UNPROVOKED. ;)

I wonder what he would have done if you had been wearing your pistol in a thigh rig for all to see, ??? i bet he woundnt have been such a tard then, Failing that tazer him. Or even better...... Make a large cash donation to you local PD "policemans Ball" Fund, and see if they can make you an honery officer or something. (i know a guy on the circit who has done that.) Then you could flash you badge at that turd. That would definaly shut him up.

Or maybe you could just walk away.

The laws in Louisiana are such that one may carry a concealed handgun (with a Louisiana permit, or one from a state with reciprocity) where legal, but one may only carry an exposed hand gun on one's property or when hunting.

Also, while there aren't "honorary" police officers here, most towns and parishes (called counties in the rest of the USA) have reserve officers. These men and women have the same arrest powers and responsibilities as the full-time folks, they just don't get paid for it. They also get in just as much legal trouble for needlessly escalating a situation.

The only right action here was to walk away. It would've frosted me, too.

Stress: That condition created when your mind overrides your body's overwhelming desire to choke the living shit out of someone who richly deserves it.

I'm betting you were a bit stressed. ;)

All jokes aside, you did well. A fight avoided is a fight won.

Should a man risk his life and his freedom over some bullshit nothing - nothing really but a matter of pride?

Should a man jeopardize the well being of his family for the satisfaction of his own ego?

Should a man consider all those who love him, friends and family, and put himself in risk for no real reason?

Should a man consider the possibility that another person, although terribly wrong in his actions, might have something happening at that moment that might explain his asshatism?

Nahh... Pull a Nobody on the guy and slap him then have your gun out before he can react.... Do this over and over until you tire of slapping him or he tires of being slapped and slinks away to his place under the rock. ;):D:P

Nahh... Pull a Nobody on the guy and slap him then have your gun out before he can react.... Do this over and over until you tire of slapping him or he tires of being slapped and slinks away to his place under the rock.

Now your talking.!!! :cheers:

Stand up and be counted when these type of ass hats crop up out the dirt. Better some one who can deal with them does., than let them get away with it again and again on some one who carnt stand up for them selves.

Show some back bone. Thats what i say.

Fear of reprisal is stops most people from stepping up and taking action.

But well done for not getting to into it i suppose.

if you are armed you already have the upper hand. IMO

When retreat is not possible, the right to carry and being prepared to use it in an instant can save your life and the life of others.

Besides, it is just like a moron to show up at a gunfight with his big fat loud mouth. You won and he lost. Had he continued despite your attempt

to defuse the situation, I suspect you would have still been better off than this moron. ALWAYS BE PREPARED!