Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FAT FREE

GmanCdp

didn't want to hijack the topic below this one...since it drifted over to weighing a CDP gun..Baer PII 5in, f/o front sight ,std g/rod ,SS/SA magwell,chromed slide,falcon XT grips..last week mine weighted in at 40.8 oz..3 weeks ago it weighted in at 40.5 oz 2 months ago 40.58 oz :blink::blink: ..so how accurate are these digital scales,and are MD's announcing at the match hey we'll give you .005 to .001 difference..i know last week the Md said it had to be right on, or below..no varriance at all allowed..so....what does your CDP gun weigh in at ??????.Duane,i think i've got that answer for you on the NM frames..i'll have to look it up then post it...G'

Edited by GmanCdp

didn't want to hijack the topic below this one...since it drifted over to weighing a CDP gun..Baer PII 5in, f/o front sight ,std g/rod ,SS/SA magwell,chromed slide,falcon XT grips..last week mine weighted in at 40.8 oz..3 weeks ago it weighted in at 40.5 oz 2 months ago 40.58 oz :blink::blink: ..so how accurate are these digital scales,and are MD's announcing at the match hey we'll give you .005 to .001 difference..i know last week the Md said it had to be right on, or below..no varriance at all allowed..so....what does your CDP gun weigh in at ??????.Duane,i think i've got that answer for you on the NM frames..i'll have to look it up then post it...G'

My CDP gun weighed 41.0 at the IDPA Nationals last year. I knew it was dead on before going since I built it that way. They had a spring scale that started at 1 oz so I told the Colonel he would have to zero it for my gun, he said that if it was close and they doubted the weight that they had a digital in the stat shack. The gun was in the white then so before I sent it off to Tripp to be chromed, I knocked it down to 40.8 to have a little room for faulty scales.

similar to the powerfactor thing, if your loading at 165pf on the nose dont be upset if you get bumbed to minor one day, the weight is the weight, as long as the scale is reasonably acurate whatever it reads it reads, I dont think we should expect NASA quality calibrated equipment, I also just realized what all the fuss was about, I actually do have a calibrated digital scale and my single stack carbon steel caspian with a flgr, steel S&A magfunnel/ only light weight parts are the titanium firing pin, msh cap, and hammer strut, and I guess the slide since it is stainless which is a little lighter than carbon, but my gun easily made weight and I wondered why everyone was having issues, till I just now reread the rule book, I shoot ESP 43 oz limit, CDP 41, my gun 41.5. ahso the blind man says.

My Kimber CST with S&A magwell, full length guide rod, single thumb safety, square cut micarta grips and Wilson mag weighs 40.5 oz on a state certified digital scale in my QA lab.

Edited by Joe D

Duane,i think i've got that answer for you on the NM frames..i'll have to look it up then post it...

Thanks, guy. I did a fairly extensive Google search, myself, and couldn't find a thing.

My Kimber CST with S&A magwell, full length guide rod, single thumb safety, square cut macarta grips and Wilson mag weighs 40.5 oz on a state certified digital scale in my QA lab.

Duane..i just got back in town,i'll get that for you,got it wrote down on a bubble gum wrapper from school....circa 1975

JoeD...if i were you..i'd take a digital photo of your 45 on the scale showing the weight and throw it in the range bag....some clubs in other states may not recognize the certified scales from Alabama...... :lol::lol: .....

As this directly relates to the upcoming IDPA Nationals, I thought I would post. The method of weighing guns for the IDPA Nationals will be the same this year as last. There will be a spring type postal scale with the chrono. The gun must make weight with no overage. If the gun goes over weight, the competitor will have the option of going to the score shack where a digital scale can be used to double check. There will be a set of calibration weights avalible as well to check the scales.

Robert Ray

IDPA HQ

As this directly relates to the upcoming IDPA Nationals, I thought I would post. The method of weighing guns for the IDPA Nationals will be the same this year as last. There will be a spring type postal scale with the chrono. The gun must make weight with no overage. If the gun goes over weight, the competitor will have the option of going to the score shack where a digital scale can be used to double check. There will be a set of calibration weights avalible as well to check the scales.

Robert Ray

IDPA HQ

Thank you Sir ! ! !

kr