Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plantar Fascitis

9x21

Last month, after the 1st & 2nd week matches, the right foots a little sore. Hey, 49, pushing 60, ( it not the years, it's the miles!).

Week 3, last stage ( thankfully), pull up lame! :rolleyes:

Now, three weeks hence, still gimping! :angry2:

treatment is conservative, the alternative should like it HURTS! :blink:

I've been there and it stinks. Trust me, it will get better with time if you are smart about it. Keep it elevated as much as possible and keep it iced. I am sure you Dr has told you, but don't be surprised if it hurts for a while. Mine took the better part of three months to get back to 100%. The worst was the first month where it hurt all the time. The second month it would hurt here and there. The third month only hurt when I stepped on something uneven.

Yup. I have it too. Had to get a steroid shot just in front of my heel. yes it was painful. My free leg almost kicked the doc's head off as she gave me the shot.

I got arch supports for my shoes and make sure I stretch alot before activities.

Been there, done that. I suggest along with good inserts in your shoes, take a piece of 2-3" pvc pipe or a plastic water bottle with the lid on it, & when you are sitting around your house in the evenings, roll this under the ball of your foot. It is kind of like a massage but noone gripes about stinky feet! hahaha. Here is a company that will make you a really high quality insert for your shoes: http://www.featherspring.com . These are great inserts, & have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Good luck, MLM

Welcome to the club. :angry2: The way I work it is to roll around a tennis ball under my feet. It allows me to focus on tight areas and stretch them out. The advanced class is to use a golf ball. That tends to hurt a bit more but it really lets you work those tight points. I learned this from a physical therapist.

Later,

Chuck

I have/had it. I started thinking about what I going to do when the pain was too much to walk. I went out and bought some ugly ECCO shoes with an arch support that made me think that I had somehow put a golf ball under my arch. My heal pain was gone as long as I had the ECCO shoes on, anything else hurt like **LL.

Later I got some orthotics with a high hard arch for use in other shoes that work fine also. I find that I need the arch support all the time now. If I go without the support I can feel the heal pain again (It may have something to do with the extra 40 pounds I need to get rid of).

ECCO Shoe

You might want to try some of these Walk Fit. At least they are cheap.

I am not a doctor, I do not know what I am talking about (just ask my wife).

Good quality supports are nice but they will never compete with custom made orthotics built by a good podiatrist. Get to a doc and get the right diagnosis then go for the custom orthos. They may be a little spendy but I would do it again in a minute given the good results I have had.

I suffered with that for two years. Hurt myself running on poor shoes. Physical therapy, religious stretching, electrostimulation..... nothing worked.

Then....I bought a pair of these:

http://www.gifts.com/products/Dicks-Sporti...my-vert-web-top

Within a month the pain was gone. Stopped wearing them and it came back. I bought four pairs and I haven't had pain in almost two years. Who knows....it may work for you.

Good quality supports are nice but they will never compete with custom made orthotics built by a good podiatrist.

Actually there was a good study that looked at over the counter silicone heel pads vs. custom orthotics, and the OTC stuff worked better. If you are having much first step pain in the am, a night splint can work wonders.

I have the podiatrist made arch supports and I highly recommend them. My problem came from running with poor shoes also. I've had my arch supports for over ten years. They look like some sort of carbon composite material.