Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taking Chances

Micah

Definitely appears to be one of "The usual suspects."

I'll bet his van has bare spots in the carpet from the hair and fiber samples taken by the LEO....... :unsure:

Edited by Merlin Orr

:)

post-1268-1178248712.jpg

I recommend hollow points for zombies, ball tends to punch through their rotting decaying flesh without doing enough damage to take them out of the fight. Save the ball for the alien invasion, it messes with their shields big time! B)

Upper A/B = Zombie Down

Remarkably (and contrary to actual real world results), high velocity .223 of the 55gr FMJ type has proven to be the most effective round to use on the un-dead due to it's large temporary wound cavity when delivered to the brain stem area, which as everyone knows is where all that old Zombie Black Magic really lives ;-)

It doesn't seem to require a lot of knock down power to take out the average zombie--just the head shot. Therefore, I recommend the Ruger 10-22. Ammo is cheap and easy to carry in large volumes. Low recoil allows quick follow up shots.

It doesn't seem to require a lot of knock down power to take out the average zombie--just the head shot. Therefore, I recommend the Ruger 10-22. Ammo is cheap and easy to carry in large volumes. Low recoil allows quick follow up shots.

.22 rimfire is fine for regular zombies, but what happens when you find mutated Dobermans, Hunters, and maybe evenn a Nemesis type creature? Like we used to say in Raccoon city, bring at least twice as much gun as you think you'll need.

p.s. Just for the record, I never worked for the Umbrella Corporation

Swede

.22 rimfire is fine for regular zombies, but what happens when you find mutated Dobermans, Hunters, and maybe evenn a Nemesis type creature? Like we used to say in Raccoon city, bring at least twice as much gun as you think you'll need.

p.s. Just for the record, I never worked for the Umbrella Corporation

Swede

Hmmmmm. I hadn't even considered non-human zombies.

Plus with a .22 your effective range is under 100 yards. With a .223 you can start working on the charge/crowd from further away. Why wait till they get close, you are not making a movie where you want the tension of close up fights, are you?

I never have understood why shotguns aren't popular with the zombie-whacking crowd. It indeed does take some of the sport out of it, but when you are up to your hip pockets in them, #1 buckshot pretty much does the trick.

dj :P:D:lol:

Edited by dajarrel

Plus with a .22 your effective range is under 100 yards. With a .223 you can start working on the charge/crowd from further away. Why wait till they get close, you are not making a movie where you want the tension of close up fights, are you?

This really depends on if you are dealing with the undeads from the original "Dawn of the Dead", where they moved like your stereotypical zombie, or the remake, where they were super fast. The orginals could be dealt with up-close since they were so slow.

I never have understood why shotguns aren't popular with the zombie-whacking crowd. It indeed does take some of the sport out of it, but when you are up to your hip pockets in them, #1 buckshot pretty much does the trick.

Think about how bulky shotgun shells are. It would be difficult to carry enough ammo to feel comfortable.

Ammo, carrying of--You can never carry enough ammo, but if you have loaded yourself down to the point that you can't move...you may have too much ammo. :D

A problem easily fixed. Just shoot some of it.

Lee

Yep, and with the price of 5.56 and 308 going through the roof. $2.99 for Federal Buckshot isn't soo bad. :ph34r: