Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccw Shooting In Cleveland

"Gun supporters said the weapon saved Wells' life. Opponents said it took Buford's - that the 15-year-old might be alive if a citizen had not been armed."

OMG....these people have to be from Pluto. The 15-year-old would still be alive if he hadn't illegally pulled a gun on someone.

Let's see, he was only breaking two or three laws at the time he was killed....imagine that?

I'm shocked, Shocked! at the insensitivity and hypocrisy expressed here. Don't even try to tell me when you watch one of those National Geographic, Animal Planet or NOVA specials about the predators in Africa you are not cheering the Lions and Tigers and Gators when they prey on the helpless herd animals. :rolleyes:

Okay the lion-tiger thing is to the point, as is the adoration of "lil" William Bonney A.K.A. Billy the Kid. He killed his first man at the age of 12....or so the story goes. Now we really can't find any but one that he actually did in, and he was a REALLY good cattle rustler ( cowboy really did mean cowBOY). I guess this kid in Cleavland should have stole cows, he might have become a folk hero like "Billy", cause after all a rustler in Cleavland would be UNIQUE!! Either way the guy who killed him, like Pat Garrett killed Billy, will also go down in history as a GOOD ONE, and that kind of LION is the kind we need in our pride. GOOD JOB! KurtM

hmmm,

I am looking forward to the day when a Judge says

"Son, I am putting you in Jail to protect you from

the citizens who have Guns,

One o' them WILL kill you if you don't learn to stop robbing them"

I have strange daydreams, or so I'm told.....

miranda

KURTM wrote:

...and that kind of LION is the kind we need in our pride. GOOD JOB!...

Maybe I'm nit picking here, but I like the idea of a sheep dog defending the flock of sheep (sheeple?) versus the Lion analogy.

I kinda get a chuckle out of it too when I think back to those Saturday morning cartoons I watched as a kid where the wolf or coyote and the sheep dog would go to work in the morning and clock in and then be the other's nemesis all day long and then clock out.

another story

Most of those gathering there are teenagers, and they are angry, shocked and sad. They say that no matter what police and court officials say, Buford never did anything wrong.

They don't care that Cleveland prosecutors said the shooting appears to have happened in self-defense. They want justice.

I believe that justice was served.

Some sick society.

Edited by racerba

Thuging and robbing sometimes has a price( not often enough). I hope that punk had at least a few minutes to think about what he just tried to do and what happened to him. Hes gone and thats the part that counts.---------Larry

Edited by lkytx

Thought to be the first CCW shooting in Ohio.

Hmmmm...I recall a armed punk trying to rob a hotel on the east side of Columbus (video available on the www somewhere) and the clerk putting 3 rounds out of his G23 into the BG. I was thinking the clerk was CCW. Seems like it was a year or two ago.

Police took a .40-caliber Smith and Wesson firearm from Wells as evidence, the police report shows.

Good thing he didn't use a 9mm! Those things are really dangerous!! <_<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18246417/site/newsweek/

The day of the tragic Virginia Tech shootings, NBC was showing a Beretta 9mm and explaining that the perpetrators gun was "capable of firing a bullet everytime the trigger was pulled".

I guess thats opposed to a gun that was broken and won't fire when the trigger is pulled.

Update: http://www.cleveland.com/crime/plaindealer....xml&coll=2. Multiple links to related articles.

Sad state of affairs. Fickle. Permit holder probably can't afford to live someplace where 'castle doctrine' is primary and the 'rights' of a teenage perp - ON PROBATION FOR A PRIOR ROBBERY - are seconday, at best.

Correction: this is now thought to be the THIRD CCW shooting in OH, not the first.

Absolutely sickening. Hard to comprehend a society that places the rights of criminals over the rights of law abiding citizens. Instead of being shocked and angered that a 15 year old is running around robbing people with a gun, people are shocked and angered that someone put a stop to it in self defense. What a twisted mindset. :angry:

Well the punks have driven him out and I bet they feel empowered, the LEOs (top of the chain) that have stood by are going to have their work cut out for them I suspect very soon. As I remember CCW was not very popular with many Ohio Criminal Justice entities and that wound is still fresh.