Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 1-4

2007 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 1-4

Hosted by Moss Branch Shooting Range, Anniston, AL

We're on. The key players and sponsors are back for 2007. Sabre Defence is back as our main match sponsor and so are the other key sponsors. Come on down. Look for the article on last years match in the May/June edition of Front Site.

Looking for shooters.

* 9 Stages. 3 Pistol, 3 Rifle, 3 Shotgun

* Open, Tactical, & Limited recognized

* Prize table & trophies

* ROs shoot Friday. Some limited RO shooting on Thursday. ROs needed. ROs shoot free.

* Limited to 100 competitors on Saturday & Sunday

* Six stages on Saturday, three on Sunday

* Level III match status pending

* Point Series Match in the "Other" Category (pending)

* Thanks to Springfield Armory we will have a Heavy Metal Category. They have donated a 45 ACP XD pistol for the top shooter in this category

* Match fee: $145.00 before October 1st ($165 after)

* Match Director: Mark Hearn (256) 283-7382

* Range Master: Don Woosley (256) 236-8118 after 5 p.m.

Shooting Schedule:

Friday, (ROs & Vendors) Shooter's Meeting 8:00, Burn Powder at 8:30 (If you can shoot on Thursday, you have that option)

Saturday, (Regular competitors) Shooter's Meeting 8:00, Burn Powder at 8:50

Sunday, (Regular competitors) Burn Powder at 8:50

At the Range, Friday 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

At the Range, Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.

Match Director

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This match is far enough out that we can still make this decision. Do you want HM as a category within Limited, or have it as a full stand-alone division? I can do either.

Bill

Good to hear from you. Glad to have you and Cindy on board. Good luck with the final planning for the Area 6 Pistol. I'll see you Friday (05/04).

My plan is to keep things like last year with Heavy Metal as a category within Limited. The top person in the HM category will get a Springfield XD .45. Very nice. However, I'm open to arguments for the stand alone. I believe the prize table for the other than top competitors will be deeper and better under the combined than in the stand alone. More money in the pile.

Mark Hearn

So does that mean Top HM, will get the XD and walk the prize table, or just he XD, or get the decision of walking the prize table instead? If the prize table will be deeper, then whose to say that depending on where the top HM finishes, the XD may not be the better prize!!

If Top HM, gets the XD and prize table, then you may have alot of HM shooters.

Shhh....this match is one of the best kept secrets in USPSA, as far as I can tell. Great staff, awesome RO's and Vendors, sweet prize table, great stages ('cept that damn jungle run last year <_<:angry: ) and here's one for the BOD, as far as I can tell, profitable!

That said, it was about 2/3 through the match that I figured out it was a 3-Gun Tournament and not a MG match. Yeah I would have done some things different, but nothing major. Mark and staff are awesome and you couldn't ask for a better MD.

Hope y'all have fun this year. Wish I could make it, but the DOD says we have to stay for 15 months now. Oh well...more toys upon a safe return.

Miss you guys and God Bless!!!

Rich

If Top HM, gets the XD and prize table, then you may have alot of HM shooters.

Top HM gets the XD or a trip to the limited prize table. Subsequent HM shooters will have the same option.

Mark Hearn

Hope y'all have fun this year. Wish I could make it, but the DOD says we have to stay for 15 months now. Oh well...more toys upon a safe return.

Miss you guys and God Bless!!!

Rich

Rich

Thanks for those kind words. Enjoyed working with you last year. You will be missed. Thanks for your service to the country. Be careful and good hunting. See you next time.

Mark Hearn

Won't miss it for anything!!!!

What you want to bet I don't leave my pistol Ammo in the truck all night?

Just for all you folks information, .45 ACP loaded with Clays will go MINOR on you if you leave it outside in the truck at 28 degrees.........even if you have a fudge factor built in. :(

AND going MINOR will also get you out of HEAVY METAL and into Limited. <_<

See ya'll there!

Hopalong

(Need me an XD to shoot Production with) :ph34r:

Just for all you folks information, .45 ACP loaded with Clays will go MINOR on you if you leave it outside in the truck at 28 degrees.........even if you have a fudge factor built in.

Now hoppy you knew I couldn't resist this.

The only Fudge Factor you've got built in is around the mid section. :P

Ronnie

I'm back B)

• 1 month later...

In response to a flurry of emails concerning the fact that the match is limited to 100 competitors on Saturday & Sunday, there are still plenty of slots at this time. Come join us.

Mhearn

I was just heading out to the range to cut some grass, Yes we finally got some rain here ;)

Was wondering if anyone had any Ideas for some side matches, I know we will have some of the best shooters in the country...Heck... in the world coming to the match. Would like to have something that the top shooters could brag about for a year if they won, but like to have some fun shoot, us average shooters could enter too and have a chance of doing good.

Just looking for a little imput.

Just remember ,Nov. matches are won by July sweat.

Woogie...

woogie, how about a shotgun "el prez"? slugs @ 25yds, shotgun on table loaded pointing downrange, shooter facing uprange handsover head. turn, shoot, reload, shoot. just like pistol, best hit factor wins.

or

one clay pigeon, attached to a stick, at 20yds, port arms start, hit it with slugs only, 2 rounds loaded in gun only, or unloaded start. best time wins

i can be nasty when i wanna be..............................Trapr

you could do the same thing with a rifle, 6" plate at 75ish yds, or 8" at 100yds, offhand only, 2 rounds loaded only, port arms start, that way theres no spray and pray.

you could use a paper target at 100, and offhand only, best 2 hits, best hit factor wins

a bank of 5 rifle plates at 150 - 200, any position, fastest time wins

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I'll be up for a good quick rifle side match.

Or a SHOT gun side match too..........

OR another of the team do dads like the last two years, those are fun.

Oh and after reading my reply, I'm sorry if it came off smart.

Hop

Dont let Woogie fool you....he's got a big orange tractor he cuts grass with!! I know he was NOT refering to PRACTICE because he has already told us that " He doesn't practice, he just shoots ALOT of matches!"

one clay pigeon, attached to a stick, at 20yds, port arms start, hit it with slugs only, 2 rounds loaded in gun only, or unloaded start. best time wins

i can be nasty when i wanna be..............................Trapr

Here is the deal. You build the prop to hold up the target and enough replacements to get us through the match when the prop gets nailed and we will get your stage into the match one way or another. Inspite of the fact that they still make steel in Birmingham, AL just down the road, I am not sure they have enough production to fill the order. :)

Charles Bond

I was just heading out to the range to cut some grass, Yes we finally got some rain here ;)

Was wondering if anyone had any Ideas for some side matches, I know we will have some of the best shooters in the country...Heck... in the world coming to the match. Would like to have something that the top shooters could brag about for a year if they won, but like to have some fun shoot, us average shooters could enter too and have a chance of doing good.

Just looking for a little imput.

Just remember ,Nov. matches are won by July sweat.

Woogie...

Four steel poppers all with flippers throwing 4 clays. All shotguns start with 8 rounds only.

Four steel poppers but two with flippers. The other two activate birds thrown off of traps. All shotguns start with 8 rounds only.

For rifle, shoot a popper at 100 yards that activates a bobber also at 100 yards which has a 3 or 4 inch paper plate stapled on the target. Put two rounds on the bobber but only rounds that hit the plate count. Could also do this with a pistol at 50 yards. We could also use a Texas Star with one plate missing at the start and let the popper activate it but I am not going to wish all of that reset even on our cousin from Hong Kong.

If anyone has a good source of range balls, a rifle side match shooting 5 golf balls off of tees is a good idea. To score, you not only have to hit them, you have to make sure that they exit the hoola hoop which you buy to nail down around the tee so that a nick does not do it for you. Would need to do this in the back of the range to avoid bullets skipping.

Before anyone questions these suggestins as being outside the rules, remember these are side match ideas.

Charles Bond

Charles Bond