Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let Me See Your Range Bag ...

Peter K

I bring everything to the range in tool bag from Sears (or Home Depot). I've got all the usual spare parts, tools, lube, eye/ear protection, ammo etc in there. But all I carry from stage to stage is an i-shot range rug. The only thing I use 99% of the time fits in there. Mags, gun, 200 rounds of ammo, score cards, pens, squib rod, and mag brush.

Here's my new pimpin' range "bag".

Enough space for my gun stuff and four video cameras and associated tapes, batteries, tripods, etc.

It even has a cash drawer for making change on DVD sales. B)

I'll post interior pictures shortly.

RangeBag.jpg

-Chet

Well make that a +2 on the Shooters Connection. ( I have Two )

next in line would be the Green Mountain still have the same one

and use it still from about 10+years give or take

newest in line was one from the prise table last year at the Texas State Limeited. CED bag very nice just small enought to fit anywhere and

works food for a day trip to the range ,

But I have to give the Thumbs up to the SC bag holds everything and then some.

JKee

Shooters Connection for sure.

I carry one with the basic essentials, such as hearing protection, bunches of mags, first-aid kit, smokes, lighters, matches, mag brush, pens, towels, rule book, squib rod, a few bottles of Gator-Aid and not much else. My wife carries an inner bag I bought extra from Chuck with her mags and maybe chap-stick (anything else goes in my bag).

The SC bag with the timer, staplers, spare guns, staples, extra parts for our L-10/Limited guns, pasters, extra ammo, and of course the kitchen sink stays in the car.

We both start out a 5 stage match with 13 19/21 round mags each and by the end of the match our bags weigh almost nothing.

Shooters Connection, that thing even has room for the kitchen sink!! Sadly mine feels like I have two in it. LOL One Open gun for USPSA with mags, ammo and the works PLUS one Open gun for bowling pin shooting (.45 ACP) plus ammo, mags and the spair parts for it too. I think at last count I had somewhere around 400 rounds of assorted ammo in my bag. If I get a chance I will weigh it tonight just for giggles. Shooters Connection bag and you will be all kinds of happy even if your back starts hurting from carrying too much stuff. lol I wonder if they will come out with a version sporting 18 inch rims and a small block soon because at this rate I am going to need it.

Joe W.

For single gun matches, it's the Shooters' Connection bag (and not the crappy knock offs). Plenty of room for my Open gun, 600 rounds of ammo, eye glass case, case for extra lenses, ear muffs, inner and outer belt, and anything else I want to throw in the center. The outer pockets are occupied with cleaning supplies and other need doo-hickeys. I actually don't use the inner stage bag for anything. I suppose I could figure it out sometime.

When I shoot 3-Gun, my OCD kinda kicks in and I have a need to compartmentalize everything. For that, it's a second one for my shotgun goodies and then a Dillon range bag for the rifle stuff.

Rich

SC bag here.........ammo, spare parts, some tools, first aid trauma kit, knee pads, sun screen, checkbook, mags, ears, and who knows what else. I have learned shooting Production or Open isn't too bad, but shooting Limited or a .45 ACP kills my shoulders.

3-gun stuff?? I use tool bags from Lowe's for shotgun & rifle.

CED Range Bag

I just packed for PSA, here is what is in my bag

- Limited Gun

- 500 Rounds

- 8 mags

- Muffs

- 2 sets of glasses

- Gun cover

- Toolkit

- Cleaning Kit

- Magbrush

- Powerbars

- Water Bottle

- Towel

- Gunbelt

- Work Gloves

- Gunparts

- Misc crap

- Rainjacket

There is still plenty of room .

I hope that I don't need all 8 mags on stage again like I did a few years ago. There are some videos of that pitiful performance lurking around.