Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moonclip Holders

cliffwalsh

I have been using 8 single moonclip holders on my gun belt ever since I retired my cowboy setup.

This last weekend I shot the South Carolina Sectional with a different holder. Bob Perdue sent me a kydex holder with 4 posts that held 2 clips each. It was all one piece (I'll try to get some pictures up here). I was really happy with how good it worked. It was nice having all my clips in a smaller area right in the front of my belt. The bottom clips were just as fast as the top row and they all stayed on even with all the running we did at the match.

Has anyone else used double clips holders (other the bladetech)??

Cliff

Doesn't Elliot Aysen make one similiar to Bob's only his has a shorter rod and he has 8 of them on the belt all connected. I have seen pictures of Bob's and it looks pretty good. My only question was how fast the bottoms ones came off as well. Sounds like they work fine. I think the only other bug Bob has with his design is it's performance in the porta-potty :D

Tom

Doesn't Elliot Aysen make one similiar to Bob's only his has a shorter rod and he has 8 of them on the belt all connected. I have seen pictures of Bob's and it looks pretty good. My only question was how fast the bottoms ones came off as well. Sounds like they work fine. I think the only other bug Bob has with his design is it's performance in the porta-potty :D

Tom

The new model comes with a catheter. :D

I have been using 8 single moonclip holders on my gun belt ever since I retired my cowboy setup.

This last weekend I shot the South Carolina Sectional with a different holder. Bob Perdue sent me a kydex holder with 4 posts that held 2 clips each. It was all one piece (I'll try to get some pictures up here). I was really happy with how good it worked. It was nice having all my clips in a smaller area right in the front of my belt. The bottom clips were just as fast as the top row and they all stayed on even with all the running we did at the match.

Has anyone else used double clips holders (other the bladetech)??

Cliff

This is what Elliot Aysen has produced. The standard model has 7 posts and he has one available that has 10. I believe that is what Jerry M. uses. Most all of the revolver shooters around here who are serious use Elliot's rig in either the seven or ten post model. He makes them for .38, .40 and .45 and they are adjustable for either left or right hand reloading. There is an 'O' ring on top of each post that keeps the moonsfrom coming off during movement, but does not hinder getting them off for reloads. I will try to post the picture of mine, and if I can find it, a website or e-mail address to contact him. They are the cat's a$$.

Phooey, can't get the attachment to add on. I'l try doing it separately.

Phooey again, can't seem to get the pix to attach, but you can reach Ellit at elliotannie@yahoo.com.

Also, I believe there is a link to them at www.southernshootingcenter.com.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

looks like it can hold 3 moon clips

My bullets are made with 45 gap brass so they are a little shorter than standard 45 acp. I can put one more row on top upside down though. You never know when you might need 72 rounds, like a stage with a texas star :angry:

I was playing with tonight and it fits my 627 and my 610 moons also. I really like to be able to have one belt setup for all my revos. (I can use my extra belt for my new limited gun :ph34r: )

Bob doesn't use O rings to hold the clips on. The posts are angled back slightly so the moon is help secure at the back of the ????. ( I don't know what Bob calls it yet.) There is nothing on the front side of the clip. I did a lot of jumping around and could not get a clip to fall out of the thing. It is made from Kydex and aluminum so it is very light.

To me the best part was having all 8 of my clips in the same space as 4 on my old setup. I don't think I had to hunt for a clip during the whole match.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with double stacking moonclips for a match???

Cliff, if you'd lay off the brewskis for a while, you'd have a bit more clearance for those top moonclips. :P

GAP brass? You gamer, you.

Thanks Nemo, you could have told to suck in my gut when you took the picture.

Cliff, if you'd lay off the brewskis for a while, you'd have a bit more clearance for those top moonclips. :P

GAP brass? You gamer, you.

Pat, I love the gap brass. Dave Hearth made me some moons and have used them ever since. When I shot chrono at SC, I have 869, 869, 870.

Once you go GAP, you never go back....

Can't wait to see'em in May!

I picked up one of the Speed-e-racks at the Arkansas ICORE Match. I like it, it's pretty secure, unless I get a bit wild grabbing for a clip and I've had a few "Doubles" fly off. Just have to focus on one and let the other drop! :o

I used Cable Ties instead of the bolts to hold it on though, it felt more secure and had less forward droop.

I've had the bottom clip of a double Blade Tech get pushed out when bending over R.O.'ing a few times.

The Pix looks interesting, like the concept.

Cliff you got an address for those, maybe he could donate a few to the Sunflower Classic?

Edited by pskys2

I have seen the speed rack and it looks like a well made & nice piece of equipment but there were a few things I didn't like:

It wasn't much different than what I was already using, 8 TK custom holders on my belt.

I could use all the different moons (625,610,627) with the same TK custom holders and I didn't have to modify the moonclips to work.

I was not a fan of the O ring holding the clip in place. They wear out and if you didn't have a spare, your moons were not secure.

What I didn't like about the 8 TK custom holders was having the last few so far down the belt. With Bob's (??????), I have all 8 right in front in the same space as 4.

The standard model has 7 posts and he has one available that has 10.

A 7 rack is all he will make... :ph34r:

You don't want a 10 rack anyway. All that ammo just wants to pull you pants down. :lol:

The Speed Rack is fast, and I agree with all of your thoughts and concerns (I have them too). Another is it is heavier than 4 Dbl. Blade Techs. I picked it off of the prize table, so I thought I'd try it a while.

I'm truly anxious to see yours. It looks like a very good idea.

Dave

Edited by pskys2

Here's a pic of GM Walsh with The Perdue Carrier.

gmwalshkd5.th.jpg

perduecarrieryl0.th.jpg

Have at it Sharyn!

:D

Bwahahaha!!!

Looks like Sharyn already did. The can is silver but says "Diet Coke" on it, not what Cliff is usually known to consume. :D:D:D

Edited to add: Hey, there's still a hammer spur on that gun! That things been on there for almost a year ('06 Nationals) without getting chopped, what gives? And what happened to your PC gun? All you needed was a barrel.

Edited by R112mercer

Cliff , I like the moonclip holder and it has a lot of merit. But , tell us about your holster. Likes--dislikes??

Hey Mark,

Good shooting this weekend. The holster is a Bladetech and I like it a lot. It is not on their website but they will make it if you call them, last I heard was $90. It is very simple, just kydex with a tension screw on the side. The sides are molded to the gun and the top is open except for a small piece covering the front sight. It is adjustable by changing the arrangement of the 2 screws that hold it to the belt slide and it has a paddle that keeps the holster off the hip.

I have a cr speed and a ghost but I am not comfortable with the gun just hanging out there by the trigger. I think mine is just as fast and the gun is enclosed by the holster.

Looks like Sharyn already did. The can is silver but says "Diet Coke" on it, not what Cliff is usually known to consume. :D:D:D

Edited to add: Hey, there's still a hammer spur on that gun! That things been on there for almost a year ('06 Nationals) without getting chopped, what gives? And what happened to your PC gun? All you needed was a barrel.

I know. It took a while to get the barrel done and then Randy found the trigger pin was broke so the gun had to go back to smith. If I would have know it was going to be this long, I might worked on this gun a little. I can hear the dremmel calling....

Edited by cliffwalsh

They make those for 6.5" barrels?

Pat,

This is the model for 8" Barrels :P . I did away with the nylon posts and replaced them with turned aluminum. This one has Tek Loc belt loops I scaveged off some other gear I have. They aren't any advantage over regular belt loops and are expensive.

No, I meant the Blade-Tech holster.

I don't know. I use mine for my 6.5 25-2 and it works. The end just sticks out and you have to pull the gun an inch and a half farther up before you can break forward. They may be able to make one though.

Cliff

Why the change to Stainless, it would weigh more?

If this Division keeps growing there's going to be a whole lot of new innovations!

The new moonclip carrier posts are aluminum. The whole thing weighs about 9 ozs.