Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Caps Loaded To 10 In Production

waxman

Can you legally do this? I am looking at getting my wife to shoot production this year with her xd 9mm. She already has the belt, holster, gun, and mag pouches that she uses in 3 gun. Unfortunetly all of her magazines are 16 rnd with plus 2 mag bases. I only have 2 ,10 rounders. Can she just use the 16 rounders and only load them with 10 rounds?

Excellent, exactly what i wanted to hear. This has to be one of the best forums around. I ask a question, and within minutes I have great answers. Now how about, how do I become a master in 1 year, anyone have a answer to that?

I wrote this book[forum] for the real shooter who doesn't take away from anybody else and wants to improve his own skill." - Brian Enos

Flex..

great words..

oops...just saw the other.... :lol:

DO THE ________WORK..

Edited by eerw

LOL...click on my name and check out my profile.

Heh. I was just thinking that myself.

I shoot Production with 17 round mags (loaded with 10 obviously), and find that reloading to a "half full" magazine is easier than to a fully loaded 10 rounder.

Excellent, exactly what i wanted to hear. This has to be one of the best forums around. I ask a question, and within minutes I have great answers. Now how about, how do I become a master in 1 year, anyone have a answer to that?

If I had the answer to that one I would have been a Master 2 years ago. <_<:P

You'll have to ask someone that's done it.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Change jobs from whatever you're doing now, to shooting all day, every day.

You'll have to figure out how to live.

Lee

You'll have to figure out how to live.

Lee

I wonder how my wife would feel abot that :o

Probaly end up robbing banks LOL :lol:

Yep, sure can.

Most folks who shoot in either production or L10 like to just use 10 round mags however - it's awfully easy to load 11 in a high cap mag and wind up shooting open. ;)

I'll give an "Amen!" to that. The upside of using 10 rounders is that they're dirt cheap now, even factory ones. I have a mix of factory and Mec-Gar 10 rounders for my Beretta, and the most I've paid is $15.

Another advantage is that it keeps your LAMR routine the same - insert mag, rack slide, drop mag and insert full one. It doesn't matter which division you're shooting, or whether it's USPSA or IDPA. As long as it's an autoloader, it's one less thing to worry about.

When you say work, do you mean shooting all the time in a self made uspsa/ 3 gun range you have made in your back yard? Do you mean having neighbors that cringe at the sound of gunfire? Do you mean spending all of my extra money on reloading supplies? Well, that is what I do now, ok, I guess if I have to, I will do more of it. Sorry neighbors, going to have to step it up. Thanks guys

I know quite a few Masters and Grand Masters. Dedicated...yes. Practiced...yes. But, it's not an all day, every day thing. Anybody that wants to make Master (or better) can do so. It will take some learning.

I know quite a few Masters and Grand Masters. Dedicated...yes. Practiced...yes. But, it's not an all day, every day thing. Anybody that wants to make Master (or better) can do so. It will take some learning.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever made master after only a year?

If so, who?

(Sorry for the continuing thread drift).

Maybe I could pull the thread back in line by asking if anyone made Master in a year while loading 10 rounds in a high cap mag :D

Tls

Edited by tlshores

If they're as cheap as Glock mags...

Sell the 10 rounders to people in 10 round states...

The normal capacity mags (as opposed to the crippled 10's) are so much easier to load and load into the gun, your wife will appreciate it.

Yep, sure can.

Most folks who shoot in either production or L10 like to just use 10 round mags however - it's awfully easy to load 11 in a high cap mag and wind up shooting open. ;)

To avoid loading 11 or more, I always start with an empty mag and load one row from the box. After shooting I empty out anything left in the mags back into the box Arranging them into full rows - rinse, repeat.