Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the mark of the Bender in Bay 5 at South River this past Sunday. Spray painted in pretty blue all over the side of the Georgia red clay bank. I stared at it for a second and just ahook my head. :roflol:

Werd to ya moms, I'm here in Indiana at the match hotel!

The match looks great...tons o' movement and house-style stuff.

Gonna be phunn! I'll post my vids and breakdown tomorrow.

The Indiana Sectional Match proved to be a formidable battleground. Shooting on Friday with the rest of the staff, the heat was grueling, and it proved to be a very long marathon. Jake certainly proves his validity with stating that athletics have a distinct advantage in this sport, as that day was truly all about the survival of the fittest.

Heaven help me, the chrono would simply not comply to save my life this morning, as I had four competitors go minor with factory loads. Two hours later, and after a host of poltergeists, the Range Master dictated that declared power factor would be the law of the land, and the match would continue sans chronograph. I was cut loose from my staffing duties, and after "working" with Sunuva's crew until the lunch break, got a call from my wife that her Grandmother had just passed...thus I swept myself home to console and support.

It was a true pleasure meeting more Enos members from Thursday to today. I wish nothing but 2 alpha to my competitors.

Here's a little video that I created last night in the hotel room of the matches that were captured on my headcam:

th_IndianaSectional2008.jpg

Well, I've been in between Columbus, Toledo, and Dayton juggling family needs, finals week, and mapping out my next step in my shooting. I've had plenty of time to ponder the shooting.

IN was a tough match. I was bullheaded and refused to do further analysis on the best strategy on stage 10 and the softcover stage. My thoughts were that it was better to engage targets from father away to avoid a standing reload. The end result netted bland results. A tough lesson to swallow, but it's a dose that I need only take once.

I had a spring break on the Tippacanoe stage, which, combined with my befuddlement, tacked on ten seconds. Another ruthless lesson, but I will be sure to just replace the damn springs every season.

There were moments of brilliance too, and those are the thoughts that I will carry with me to Area 5. After conversing a bit with Flex, I'm refocused on what really matters: the shooting, and shedding away the skin of those things that dilute said shooting.

The dryfire vacation is over. Once the family and finals issues cool off on Wednesday, I will have only two things on my plate: Summer classes and never letting the sun set on a day without improvement.

Micah, good to see you again. From the videos you shot well. You smoke the F'N star dude....nice! You did the same thing I did on stage 2. Somebody on my squad said it would be faster just to shoot everything from the back and not move up so I did. Basically shooting limited I should have ran myself up there. Anyway good to see you again. Talk to you later.

Edited by steel1212

Corey & Micah ... it takes a bit of trial & error to learn what NOT to do on certain stages but when you do, you won't need to listen to advice on how to shoot a stage - you will just know.

Anytime there's more than 1 target to shoot at you will be benefit greatly by having faster splits & trans. (ie: run up) :)

6/10/08 & 6/11/08

-cardio

-dryfire

-Wii Fit

It feels great to get back to the dryfire/cardio program! Since I took a break from it all, I really developed a desire to do it all over again! Set up in "The Dojo" are more stage like arrays for a new and more invasive addition to my dryfire. One place that I have seen in my headcam that I loose time is where, when breaking down a stage, I tell myself that I will take a certain array on the move, but when it comes time to shoot, I post up. I need to breed more familiarity with taking medium distance targets on the move, and working the hell out of it is the only way that I know how.

I also am using the Wii Fit to work on my balance and flexibility. Being strong in both surely cannot hurt my performance. Tomorrow I submit my final project for spring quarter, and next Monday kicks off summer quarter. Some people see dollar signs, but I'm seeing more matches at the end of the Masters program tunnel ;)

ARGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

I really, REALLY thought that I was finished with this quarter, but three new, and completely invasive, assignments just presented themselves. I'm not thrilled, but after working on them all day today, and a good portion tomorrow, I will have them in under the wire.

Monday starts the summer term. M-TH I have classes starting at 10a, so that will give me plenty of time to work out, dryfire, all that good stuff before I trek to the university. A month after that, my day will begin at 8a on campus, but getting in the workouts and dryfire should not be difficult.

I finally, FINALLY bought a case feeder for my 550 from our host Brian Enos. Livefire is king at this point in my game, and the less time I spend loading, the more time I can be out shooting.

And it only took you 2 years to make up your mind! :cheers:

No shit. I just know I'm gonna kick myself for not doing it sooner ;)

Let's make it official: "Chris and Bill were right...AGAIN!" :D