Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Aluminum Grips Legal For Production

eerw

IPSC Production has decided the thin aluminum grips are legal..so I posed the question to John Amidon via email if USPSA Production would allow the grips.

John stated based on the CZUB document that "Yes, I would rule they are legal for Production as they are offered by the OFM either on their guns or in their catalog."

So anyway..just wanted to share that with the CZ fans..

CZ_75_SP_01_SHADOW.doc

I had the grips and magwell put on my CZ75 by Angus...yep skateboard tape was necessary. I shot them for the first time at a match in Tucson in 90 degree weather - Pro Grip became my best friend that match until I got more tape on them....LOVE THEM THO!

Angus is getting them in Silver..

but there a couple of shooters in Europe that might be able to get some..not sure...

but have seen photos of red, black, blue, silver.

Got a set of the full length ones in..grip taped them and installed.

they are really thin..will give them a try in practice and some club matches to see how I like..

sp01algrips.jpg

Hi Anthon..

I am using skateboard tape from the local board shop..

overlaying a piece and then using a wood dowel to form to the edge and cutting it..

under the piece on the front strap is the flat and serrations on the SP01 frame..keeps you from getting a good bond with the grip tape and you get this air pocket underneath..

Hi Anthon..

I am using skateboard tape from the local board shop..

overlaying a piece and then using a wood dowel to form to the edge and cutting it..

I really like skate tape. Use it on all of my guns.

under the piece on the front strap is the flat and serrations on the SP01 frame..keeps you from getting a good bond with the grip tape and you get this air pocket underneath..

Same problem on my para. :D

Just put them on my CZ-75 Stainless and I must say I love the looks, feel, and the way they handle. Much bigger improvement over the stock grips that were on the gun. I only used the grip tape that was packaged by Angus with the grips. Since this gun is not a gun I use for comps but just my fun 9mm and carry gun I think it is the best grip for MY uses.

I will post pics as soon as I get some.

Now just waiting for my Limited 10mm to come in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...very tempting. I may have to get some once Angus has them back in stock.

Stuart, what's with all the muzzle wear on your SP01? That looks pretty excessive compared to anything I've experienced. Is that just normal wear and tear?

BTW, great pics! You're going to start giving Dr. Lunde a run for his money!

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy