Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This Nationals Things A Little Pricey..no?

Jman

We're looking forward to the trip and match.

Mesa will boiling by then. 100-110 degrees. (dry heat)

So, nice change up. It will be 'cool' shooting with what

looks to be a large contingent of Rio shooters. I hope

our guns run without desert grit in them. We'll see.

....still, a little pricey :)

Jim

This will be my 2nd Nats in a row, and yeah, Im a little concerned with being able to afford the trip; just like I was last year to Barry, IL.

But I never once said, "Hey, that wasnt worth it!"

Its an experience, a mecca, a place where you dont get called crazy for air gunning through a parking lot, where your wife doesnt yell for you to come to bed and stop playing around with your guns, where you never get tired of running through a stage in your head.

But for me, its great practice as well. The stress level of a Nats you will find no where else. Just being able to fucnction when you have professional shooters all around you is a great learning experience.

-Think youd be as nervous the next time some new hot shot GM comes to your local club match? nope.

I just did some work at a local golf club...

The buy-in is 375K and the yearly is 75K

For those of you that can't add that's $450,000 the first year!

Poverty sucks!

Bill,

even if you join, they won't let you put in a rifle range on the back nine....

Last yr was my first Nationals. I had a great time and loved the match. That being said no way is it worth the price going out there to Missoula this yr. I'll be staying home spending that $2000+ on practice and equipment. I'm lucky because I live less than 3.5hrs from Area 8, Targeting Ed, Mich sectional, Ohio sectional, Indiana Sectional, Kentucky Sectional, Western Pa Sectional. If I want to drive about 4hrs I can add in the Summer blast. I will have plenty of good matches to go to. If I didn't have all those matches to go to I would then probably spend the money to go all the way out there.

Flyin40

Wouldn't miss it for the world. I and my WLBF have been to a bunch of these. First I think in 96 after the Masters took a dive in 95. Second Chance left in 98 and that left both Nats doable. Folks, life is short. A lot of my Shooting buddies have left the range. The people don't get any better than this game. It's only money, and after you're gone the only thing it buys is a fancier box. If you can do it , DO IT. :)

Wouldn't miss it for the world. I and my WLBF have been to a bunch of these. First I think in 96 after the Masters took a dive in 95. Second Chance left in 98 and that left both Nats doable. Folks, life is short. A lot of my Shooting buddies have left the range. The people don't get any better than this game. It's only money, and after you're gone the only thing it buys is a fancier box. If you can do it , DO IT. :)

I just did some work at a local golf club...

The buy-in is 375K and the yearly is 75K

For those of you that can't add that's $450,000 the first year!

Poverty sucks!

Bill,

even if you join, they won't let you put in a rifle range on the back nine....

What a great waste of breathtaking land...

Bill

Hmmmm let me think about this a second......

"Entry fee = $250

Airline ticket =$627 (RT/Wash DC)

Rental Car = $285

local gas cost = $125

Lodging = $488

Food @$30/day= $150 maybe more

Ammo (9mm) = $36

sub total =$2021

Play....@ $100/day = $500

Shirt =$30

Hat =$12

sub total = $542

$2563 for 10 minutes of actual shooting"

Competing at the US National Championships with the Best in the Word = Priceless

I won't be able to make it this year but if possible I'll shoot for 2008.

Joe

I would like to go this year but I have too many things going on in too short of a time. I just can't go to (or afford) them all.

"Competing at the US National Championships with the Best in the Word = Priceless"

It would be nice if you actually shot with some of those that are the best in the world. You shoot with them at the same match but that is about it. By that I mean I would like to see is the break up of the Super Squads. Yeah, everyone thinks it's great to watch a squad of the worlds best. Trouble is, 98% of the other competitors are shooting on other squads and never see them in action.

I say split them up, a few on every squad, so that all of us average shooters get a chance to watch and learn from the best. It would make all the major matches more exciting for the average shooter.

Probably never happen though but it would make the Nationals more fun for the other 98% who attend.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

I shot (and worked) my first nationals last year, the MG Nats in Albany, OR.

WHAT A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!

It was worth it.

I got a slot to the Open Nats this year. It'll be worth it.