Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Priority

Merlin Orr

Here we go again. Individuals who have never shot or have only shot one match are trying to find something wrong with IDPA because they don't understand the sport and it's rules. It's probably hard on their egos as well when they do poorly in the match standings thinking that because they shoot IPSC, that automatically will make them a winner in IDPA.

If you like shooting IPSC or USPSA great, go do it. If you want to shoot another sport (IDPA, Steel Challenge, Bianchi Cup, Pins, etc.), please don't attempt to say that the sport "sucks" because it doesn't follow the rules from another sport.

Neither target is armed and one is two yards further back than the other and seperated by five yards to the side.

The lawyers will love this scenario. If they were unarmed, why did you shoot them? :D

Here we go again. Individuals who have never shot or have only shot one match are trying to find something wrong with IDPA because they don't understand the sport and it's rules. It's probably hard on their egos as well when they do poorly in the match standings thinking that because they shoot IPSC, that automatically will make them a winner in IDPA.

If you like shooting IPSC or USPSA great, go do it. If you want to shoot another sport (IDPA, Steel Challenge, Bianchi Cup, Pins, etc.), please don't attempt to say that the sport "sucks" because it doesn't follow the rules from another sport.

I'll have you know I bitch about IDPA rules every time I shoot a match. I even got certified as an SO several years ago to try to figure it out. IDPA doesn't suck because it doesn't follow the rules from another sport. It sucks because that's part of the game.... :D

Neither target is armed and one is two yards further back than the other and seperated by five yards to the side.

The lawyers will love this scenario. If they were unarmed, why did you shoot them? :D

Cause they needed killing. :o

Funny how One question...and One toothache can spawn such merryment :lol:

And what the heck does IDPA stand for anyway?

Jim :P

You really want to stir it up don't you? :lol:

If I remember correctly....

IPSC stands for Irascible People Squabbling Constantly

IDPA stands for I Don't Practice Anymore

I'll stand for just about anything.... :D

I'll have you know I bitch about IDPA rules every time I shoot a match. I even got certified as an SO several years ago to try to figure it out. IDPA doesn't suck because it doesn't follow the rules from another sport. It sucks because that's part of the game.... :D

:lol::lol:

never shot or have only shot one match are trying to find something wrong with IDPA because they don't understand the sport and it's rules. It's probably hard on their egos as well when they do poorly in the match

...at the risk of sliding into "pissing contest mode" in what was a fun thread, I would venture that I probably shot IDPA before you did, 1997. I have a sub 5000 IDPA #. I tried to "make sense of it" for years. I ran a club, built stages, recruited new shooters and helped run State matches.

I felt sanctified because the gun magazines told me I was a real world "operator". :ph34r: I used to get all wound up about "intent" and realism, and tactical priority. I also used to threat scan the porta potty and pace off yardage of the isles at the grocery story, then I realized it's............a ...............game. :D

So, now I just shoot it, have fun, and yes, sometimes I poke fun at it's ironies and unwillingness to evolve.

So that "Only shot one..." and "don't understand" and "Don't do as well" pack o dawgs won't hunt. ;) You come up with fair, black and white rules and we can shoot any game you want padnah. B)

Edited by dirtypool40

You guys are a f*#king riot.

I feel like I'm stuck between the KKK and the NAACP.

If you are on one extreme of IDPA or the other...why not just STFU ?

>> You aren't helping anybody out...which is why the forum is here. <<

If you only want to bitch and moan...allow me to point you toward Glock Talk. It's fun there.

Man up and post with some self-discipline.