Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has Anyone Done Busisness With Botach Tactical

I have tried ordering from them in the past. Good prices, but they never seemed to have anything in stock. I waited 3 months on backorder and finally cancelled my order. Suddenly when I said to cancel they had the part in stock. I cancelled anyway.

I have dealt with them a number of times. If they have the item in stock when you order, it ships fairly quickly. However, they have NO shipping tracking so you're checking the door everyday in hopes its arrived. They also do not have real time, or near real time inventory on their website, so they may have been out of an item for weeks, you order and you may or may not get a backorder notice very fast.

Bottom line if you look, there are other websites with the same, or nearly same prices that will tell you when you order if they're out of stock, and provide shipping tracking so you know when its due. My wooden nickles worth.

I have dealt with them a number of times. If they have the item in stock when you order, it ships fairly quickly. However, they have NO shipping tracking so you're checking the door everyday in hopes its arrived. They also do not have real time, or near real time inventory on their website, so they may have been out of an item for weeks, you order and you may or may not get a backorder notice very fast.

Bottom line if you look, there are other websites with the same, or nearly same prices that will tell you when you order if they're out of stock, and provide shipping tracking so you know when its due. My wooden nickles worth.

Tahnks to everyone who has posted I really appreciate it.

I ordered a couple pairs of 511 pants on clearance and a few other items. No problems, but as said already, they seem to have no idea on their inventory. I called before I ordered to see if they had my size and they said they had no way to look that up. I was told to order and if they didn't find my size in the warehouse, they would contact me. I took a chance since the pants were so cheap and it worked out. Odd way to do business though. I prefer to deal with vendors who keep their inventory updated in real time on their sites.

Customer service is a joke. I started using them back about 1997 or 1998. Back then they only kind of sucked as their half-assed practices could sort of keep from causing too many issues. Started having enough problems that I only ordered clearance items and things they always had in bulk, like batteries.

Now I don't even bother with that.

When they refer to their "warehouse", I believe it's whoever they drop ship the item from. That has been my personal experience with them. Ordered Storm Case - drop shipped from Storm.

Renee

Botach still lists slings and other items for sale from CQB Solutions. Funny thing is, CQB Solutions business name was changed to Specter Gear over 2 years ago. A while back, they had some slings listed at a price that I know was less than Master Dealer cost. It was brought to our attention by someone seeking a price match. So, I talked to Jeff O, the president of Specter Gear about this. He said that he cut off sales to Botach due to their business and advertising practices ( this would be almost 3 years ago now). Botach then arranged with a local sewing shop to duplicate the Specter Gear stuff and sell it as authentic. Botach continues to sell these knock-offs as authentic. I have no idea how many other product lines this is being done on.

Botach is actually a pawn shop in the Crenshaw district of LA. When entering, you see boxes and boxes of stuff piled around the walls, perhaps this is why they have "issues" with inventory management.

Edited by Cactustactical

Even I heard rumours from here 'n there a year or two ago that one might not be wanting to deal with them. Something about poor customer service and/or dismal communication. Something along those lines...... :ph34r:

They are famous for being the #1 place to avoid ordering from.

Exactamundo. When things work out, they work out fine. When there's a problem, it is a nightmare from hell to deal with Botach.

Never again. I don't care *how* cheap it is. Never ever again....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I would follow my own advice and check on Botach. This is what I found:

The California state Attorney General’s office does not release any information about consumer complaints. This is their stand:

“Check complaints about the company. As a law enforcement agency, the Attorney General's Office does not release information on consumer complaints that involve as-yet-unproven allegations that could create misleading and unfair impressions about a company. Our Consumer Law Section uses these consumer complaints to look for patterns of deceptive or unfair business practices where legal action brought by the Attorney General could serve the interest of the general public. While information from our office is limited, you may able to learn about consumer complaints about the company by contacting the Better Business Bureau where the company is located or doing business. See http://www.bbb.org.”

So I tried the BBB as suggested and they produced this information:

Botach Tactical

Complainants allege that the company fails to deliver ordered merchandise, ships incorrect merchandise, fails to provide refunds or exchanges for returned merchandise, and fails to answer telephone or email inquiries.

The company responds to some complaints by shipping merchandise, providing refunds, or by stating that the customer was not charged.

The following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:

No. of Cmpl Type of Response

26 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested

1 Making a partial refund

37 Agreeing to perform according to their contract

0 Refusing to make an adjustment

1 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement

139 Unanswered

0 Unassigned

204 Total

I also Googled the following:

Botach Tactical

Botach Tactical problems

Botach Tactical complaints

And you will find links to:

www.complaints.com/complaintofthedaydecember112000.4.htm

www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/botach-tactical-c4908.html

www.epinions.com/content_234269806212

www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=194186

and many, many other sources.

Let the buyer beware.

David C

Edited by geezer-lock

Ordered a Pelican rifle case from them after being told it was in stock. Wrong case arrived, they said they would send an RMA slip, had to call 3 times over a month and a helf to get it. Once it got back to the factory, they said the original case I ordered was now back-ordered with NO scheduled ship date. 2 months later I called again and was told "I don't know" so I informed them to cancel my order. A week later my case arrived.

Seems to me their stuck in "Crisis Management" Mode. I'll go elsewhere next time. People keep ordering from them so......