Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Section Championship - June 15 - 17

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...somebody ask Rhino about The Hugger up in Kokomo. I don't think he's been there, but he knows about it and details that can't be posted publicly. :ph34r:

Kokomo has many of the chains, including a Starbucks for you caffeine junkies.

If anyone is staying near Carmel or the north side of Indy there are plenty of fantastic local places to eat. Bub's in Carmel is a great place for burgers, beer and live music on the weekends. Shapiro's deli, also in Carmel, is a great kosher joint that serves a Ruben the size of your head. Close to I-465 and Keystone on 96th street is a place called Scotty's Brewhouse - huge tap list.

If anyone needs anything more specific, just shoot me (no, really!) a PM.

Having lived in Kokomo most of my adult life I can also give some info on places to see and places to avoid. On Saturday I think it is the annual Carver Center Ribfest being held downtown. Most all of the local BBQ places set up booths around the court house and you can sample each ones special BBQ for a small fee, also a beer garden is on the west side of the square. Bands on both ends of the courthouse with many differant types of music being played, overall a really good time can be had for not a lot of money.

If you want add'l info e-mail me at jalley@rtcol.com, match looks like it will be one of the better ones around. Be sure to keep a lot of water in you as it will be a little warm this weekend. I will be at the range on Saturday to help out so if you have questions about the Kokomo area just look me up.

Hey for those sunday shooters that are staying the night what hotel are you guys staying in?

We're at the Holiday Inn Express in Kokomo. It's a little pricey, we got a jacuzzi room for $133. BUT that's all that was left for non-smoking kings!

Hey for those sunday shooters that are staying the night what hotel are you guys staying in?

We're at the Holiday Inn Express in Kokomo. It's a little pricey, we got a jacuzzi room for $133. BUT that's all that was left for non-smoking kings!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now I know where to take the afterparty!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now I know where to take the afterparty!

Jacuzzi :surprise:

I guess when we all win our divisions we know where to bring the trophies!

Since SG has the high dollar room she provides the suds right :cheers:

The stages are up and the staff shoots tomorrow afternoon. The ducks seem to be in a row. T-shirts are in for those who registered before the deadline. Fortyfiveshooter has done an excellent job arranging the prizes and doing the blind draw for them. We think every shooter will walk away with something, and so of the prizes are very nice. There are also performance prizes for winners of divisions.

The staff is excited thinking this will be a great match. The blood and sweat has been invested to have a great match anyway. Good luck to all of the shooters, we hope you have a great time.

So whats the plan for Sat. night???? Any good place to get something to eat??? Mike and I are staying at Best Western in Kokomo about 20mins away. I'll be up Sat to watch some shooting and check out the stages.

Just got my confirmation today. I'm at the Best Western as well. I'll be checking in around 3 after I come back from the range. Hope to see you there.

So whats the plan for Sat. night???? Any good place to get something to eat??? Mike and I are staying at Best Western in Kokomo about 20mins away. I'll be up Sat to watch some shooting and check out the stages.

Just got my confirmation today. I'm at the Best Western as well. I'll be checking in around 3 after I come back from the range. Hope to see you there.

I think that is where me and want2race is staying, not that anybody knows us yet, we still the new guys on the block lol.

Two other things for those of you looking for things to do while you're in town.

The US Grand Prix Formula 1 race is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway today, tomorrow and the race is on Sunday. Cool stuff.

Also, the Indy Jazz Fest is in downtown Indy all this weekend.

Both of these are right at 1 hour south of the range.

:surprise: I shot the match on the morning squad today. Great match my hats off to everyone involved. :cheers: My only criticism is a few less gimmicky starts and a few more wrists at sides and above shoulders with the gun in holster. I am surpised no scores have been posted yet. As long as I live in the midwest I will not miss this match. Half day formats are the greatest thing in USPSA since the limited divison was created. I can't belive every match in North America doesn't run a half day format.