Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Holster For Open & Limited?

Ron Rodgers

OK, I'll admit it - I'm cheap .... and lazy.

I shoot an STI open gun and a Para in Limited. I'd like to use one holster for both and am looking for something that requires a minimum amount of adjustment to change from one to the other.

I was using an older style Ghost holster (with pin) for Limited and was very happy with it. I tried the Ghost Upgrade block so I wouldn't have to drill my brand new Open blaster, but it just doesn't hold the Para securely enough for me.

Any suggestions?

big fan of the ghost holster will work for both open and limited with no adjustmnet to the holster. just my 2 cents

sorry i didnt read the full post untill after i posted im a idiot!!

Edited by kranzjdw

I shoot an STI open gun and a Para in Limited. I'd like to use one holster for both and am looking for something that requires a minimum amount of adjustment to change from one to the other.

I was using an older style Ghost holster (with pin) for Limited and was very happy with it. I tried the Ghost Upgrade block so I wouldn't have to drill my brand new Open blaster, but it just doesn't hold the Para securely enough for me.

Any suggestions?

Ron, follow their recommendations and my suggestion....I think you should just shoot in those two divisions from now on.... :)

Edited by vluc

The Guga Ribas/SSI holster ought to do the trick. I haven't seen a specific insert for the Para, but they advertise them as compatible with Paras. It supports most of the weight on the front of the trigger guard and the inserts at the top slightly support the area on either side of the trigger guard....that area is probably close enough in profile to work with any wide body 1911 style. After I contoured the grip on my STI I had to slightly file on the inserts and it took about five minutes to get a nice fit...the same ought to be true for a Para. Great holster BTW!

Any suggestions?

I have open sti, edge and para. I use same new ghost holster all of them, because I like my draw be same all the time. Sti's fit fine but para not so good, but I can accept it.

When I draw para I stand still and I don't move around a lot. If I have to move before drawing I closed the holster and draw para when holster is closed. Works fine with me.

The same super ghost holster should fit sti,svi,sps and para-ordnance.

The Guga Ribas/SSI holster ought to do the trick. I haven't seen a specific insert for the Para, but they advertise them as compatible with Paras. It supports most of the weight on the front of the trigger guard and the inserts at the top slightly support the area on either side of the trigger guard....that area is probably close enough in profile to work with any wide body 1911 style. After I contoured the grip on my STI I had to slightly file on the inserts and it took about five minutes to get a nice fit...the same ought to be true for a Para. Great holster BTW!

+1 on the Ribas...best holster I've come across for multi-gun/division rig. Set the inserts for the Para and it will still work for the S_I. I've got two rigs though 'cause I use different mag pouches for the Edge versus the Paras. You may find that it's the pouches that are the deciding factor.