Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am trying to figure out why Xerces or whatever his name was looking like a giant drag queen.

If you were that powerful and that rich, you could look like whatever you wanted as well.

I would want a holster implanted in my hip.. like Robocop. Now THAT would be badass.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to figure out why Xerces or whatever his name was looking like a giant drag queen.

If you were that powerful and that rich, you could look like whatever you wanted as well.

I would want a holster implanted in my hip.. like Robocop. Now THAT would be badass.

Or the Predator's super mega Laser blaster!!

For those that have seen Sin City and 300, which do you think was better movie?

Sin City - definitely.

This almost seems like it "doesn't count" in a way (because they made the movie how they wanted to) - but I would have preferred to see 300 made after the fashion of an old "Hercules" movie. Since it has such historical significance - the comic book rendition eliminated any emotional impact it could have had, for me.

Actually, for me, the coolest thing was seeing WFMFT's credit as the "Spartan's Trainers".

I gave a double fisted "YEA" - when I saw him listed in the credits.

(The cat's out of the bag.)

be

I caught a matinée at the Cine Capri (big screen like movies used to be shown on) and I really liked it. What is even more fun is the thought of some dumb kid writing a paper on this topic for a class and quoting this movie as a source. I am sure his teacher will get a chuckle out of that but his parents won't. As to the 300 vs. Sin City question; Sin City wins hands down. The real contest there should be between Sin City and Grindhouse....

-ld

For those that have seen Sin City and 300, which do you think was better movie?

Sin City - definitely.

If you liked Sin City, Robert Rodriguez has his next movie coming out soon, Grindhouse.

Grindhouse will be nothing like Sin City, though... ;) Actually, its two flicks - one is a RR film, and the other Tarantino...

Side note... my wife's uncle is a stuntman and specializes in horse stunts... with any luck, his Andalusian shows up in RR's movie... ;)

Sitting in the shade shooting the breeze after building stages for tomorrow's match. We have couples shooting at Richmond now (very cool) and they helped out. "300" came up and was compared to "Sin City". Consensus was that the women preferred "300" for the sword swinging half-naked buff looking men in leather briefs and helmets, while the men preferred "Sin City" for the automatic weapon shooting half-naked buff looking women in leather and chains.

I like hanging with a crowd where tastes in film, fashion and the human form are mutual. :D:P:lol: