Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Absolute Best Machine

Is the Dillon 1050 with all the bells and whistles the best ammunition making machine available or is there a commerical machine that can put out better ammunition faster?

What practical rate should one achieve with a 1050?

If so, which one and how much?

Electricaly driven commercial machines cost considerably more. Dillon considers the 1050 a commercial machine, but it is hand operated. The electical machines will be faster.

Quality of loads depends greatly on set up. Both machines are capable if set up well.

Ammomaster is one of the more common commercial electircal machines, as I recall. It is used by both factories and commercial reloaders.

Guy

Without spending 8-10 x as much, the 1050 is the fastest, and best reloader available. With the K.I.S.S. bullet feeder attached, my load rate went from ~1,200 rounds/hour to 2,000 rounds/hour.

Edited by ima45dv8

Without spending 8-10 x as much, the 1050 is the fastest, and best reloader available. With the K.I.S.S. bullet feeder attached, my load rate went from ~1,200 rounds/hour to 2,000 rounds/hour.

Is that a rate sustainable for a couple of hours?

The rate is also going to be determined to a great extent by how full the cases are after the powder drop.

I can whip out 1000+ an hour with a 1050 dropping 4.8 gr of titegroup in .40. I can only whip out ~600/hour when I'm loading 38SC with a compressed load as I have to smooth the shellplate snap with my fingers as I place the bullet on the case.

I guess that would depend on you.

The sustainable rate depends on how many pre-loaded primer tubes you have and if your arm can handle the strain.

Wow. must check into a KISS bullet feeder lol.

A Camdex is the coolest thing i've ever seen it can run thousands out.. but they are very price... around $20,000 if i recall.. but all you have to do is sit there with your foot on a pedal.

Just get one. Got mine today and it is frikin' awesome!!!

Did I say it is AWESOME!!!

I MEAN AWESOME

It cranks out the rounds as fast as you can pull the handle.

Is the Dillon 1050 with all the bells and whistles the best ammunition making machine available or is there a commerical machine that can put out better ammunition faster?

What practical rate should one achieve with a 1050?

If so, which one and how much?

You might get better answers if you just let the people here know your goal and needs.

The warranty issue is what made me go with the 650, I don't want to ever buy a progressive press again.

If you take primer tubes, powder filling, etc. out of the equation, 500/hr is a nice even pace. That means that I can load a year's worth of ammo in the equivalent of a workweek.

Of course, you might shoot more than 20k rounds a year.

H.